St Louis trade request confirmed

mng815

This should make for a very interesting trade deadline. What do you think Stevie Y's asking price will be? Probably way to steep for the Flyers but you can't help but play the "what if" game. But if the Flyers make a "big" trade I would much rather it be for a top pair d-man rather than 38 year old St Louis

I agree. I have no idea what his cap hit or contract length are. Flyers would be best served taking a pass but you just know Homer will inquire. Seeing as Weber wont be available I would love to see if Edler out of Van, or Ehrhoff out of Buf could be had.

MSL must be really peeved with Stevie Y.

The Lightning are in second place in their division with a fairly secure playoff spot (third overall with at least a game in hand over the next four teams) and Stamkos coming back.

MSL has another year left on his deal and is captaining the squad.

And he still wants out?

Seems odd to me if there isn't something more there.

The only thing I've seen as "confirmation" is that MSL has acknowledged he spoke with Yzerman about his future with the team.

From what I have seen with this is MSL asked for a trade after being left off the Olympic team.  I'm just not certain if this is just a surfacing of old news and has little merit now.

He's what?  38 Years old?  Perfect.  Plays right wing?  We have Voracek, Simmonds, Read......do we really need another?  Or do we need another who is 38 years old?  I don't think we do.  But given his age, it may just be impossible for Flyers management to resist!  They'll sign him and give him a 10 year contract at probably at some god-awfully high number, let's say $5 million a year, and a NTC.   :P

MSL must be really peeved with Stevie Y.

The Lightning are in second place in their division with a fairly secure playoff spot (third overall with at least a game in hand over the next four teams) and Stamkos coming back.

MSL has another year left on his deal and is captaining the squad.

And he still wants out?

The only thing I've seen as "confirmation" is that MSL has acknowledged he spoke with Yzerman about his future with the team.

Maybe Stevie Y. got caught "Lindros-ing"  St Louis' wife..... :ph34r:

Edler, REALLY??  The same guy with cronic back problems, who has to take time off each and every year to deal with the pain associated with the injury? Erhoff, really? The same bum  who is a defensive liability for the Sabres, and signed to what....7 more years??  Good Lord know. I want no part of MSL at his age, but I'd rather see him that these two other bums!!

Have you seen the guy? He's an Adonis! He's in the prime of his life.

I don't have a clue as to what Steve Y. currently looks like. I was just making an obfuscated reference/joke to the brindamour/lindros supposed rift. I was trying to be ruxpinian....if that could even be considered a term.

Edler, REALLY??  The same guy with cronic back problems, who has to take time off each and every year to deal with the pain associated with the injury? Erhoff, really? The same bum  who is a defensive liability for the Sabres, and signed to what....7 more years??  Good Lord know. I want no part of MSL at his age, but I'd rather see him that these two other bums!!

Jammer....please tell me 1 d-man who wouldnt be a defensive liability in Buffalo. You could put chara, weber, keith, etc on that team and they would all be on the wrong side of the plus minus.

And edler has 1 back injury..1! The guy has played in at least 75 games in every season hes been in the nhl but 1. (excluding last year where he played 45 of 48) Since the start of the 2007-2008 season he has played 409 games. Has 203 pts. 50 goals 153 assists. thats basically 40 pts a season avg. Yeah your right, he sucks. 

Edited by mng815

Jammer....please tell me 1 d-man who wouldnt be a defensive liability in Buffalo. You could put chara, weber, keith, etc on that team and they would all be on the wrong side of the plus minus

OK...I'll give you that....what I am talking is about the eye test. Have you watched him play in Buffalo? Would you want him at over 4 mill plus for the next 7 seasons, knowing he is already on the down slope of his career? The cap hit is more than manageable at an even 4 mill a year, but he's signed till 2021 and is 31...I can't even imagine how bad he will be in 5-7 years from now. This is no way to build a defense.  He's basically a Streit clone, so yeah....let's add another guy who is signed long term whose main asset is a pp qb.....no thanks. We need mobile, smart d-men, like most of Chicago's d....that is what we should be shooting for.

OK...I'll give you that....what I am talking is about the eye test. Have you watched him play in Buffalo? Would you want him at over 4 mill plus for the next 7 seasons, knowing he is already on the down slope of his career? The cap hit is more than manageable at an even 4 mill a year, but he's signed till 2021 and is 31...I can't even imagine how bad he will be in 5-7 years from now. This is no way to build a defense.  He's basically a Streit clone, so yeah....let's add another guy who is signed long term whose main asset is a pp qb.....no thanks. We need mobile, smart d-men, like most of Chicago's d....that is what we should be shooting for.

ok. i didnt really look at his contract. No I wouldnt that but had no idea of its length when i posted that. I was just thinking of guy that could help the flyers this year on teams that were gonna be "selling"

hehe. We called Ehrhoff "Error" when he played for the sharks. The other thing was, despite his big cannon shot, he could not hit the net if it was empty