Legwand butt-ends Malkin, suspension awaits

Irishjim

great game, Wings killed five minute major Legwand got for this hit, won with four tenths of a second on the clock.

What a bonehead classless play by Legwand. totally out of character and he is deserving of the suspension that is forthcoming.

• Like 1

I think Legwand was pissed about having his helmet can opener'd off by Malkin's stick and decided to thank him for it. Classless Crosby-esque move (the stick to the junk that is) that Malkin made sure looked evil(not that it takes much to exaggerate when you get hit there). I didn't see the game but if Malkin did not miss more than a shift or 2 then no suspension should be warranted.

@Irishjim  That is totally out of character for Legwand. He just does not play the game that way. You could watch the guys whole career and not find anything so grim. I'm gonna give Legwand the benefit of the doubt and suggest Malkin did something pretty dirty a bit earlier to solicit such a response. When in doubt, spin the blame back on Frankenwussy.

B-b-b-b-b-but I thought the league went out of their way to protect the Pens? :ph34r:

Zero suspensions and counting for questionable hits on the Pens protected superstars.

Maybe there's a Red Wing bias.  After all, Krowall gets away with murder and now this. ;)

Edited by B21

I think the high stick wasn't called because at the time the two are sword fighting trying to go after the puck and an official is going to have a tough time saying who's stick hit the helmet. I don't see anything hit Legwand in the head either, just catch the helmet.

Intentionally spearing someone in the nads though? Come on. I like Legwand and that's not his style, but you can't give me that "oh he embellished it" BS.

As for the Crosby comments, anyone spouting that nonsense should be ashamed of how petty they are. Yeah he punched a guy in the ass once, clearly out of control. did he hit the guy's cup? maybe... In fairness I'll take volunteers to join me in a duel about it. We both put cups on, you can punch me in the cup and I get to hit you with a stick. Sound fair?

Good grief...

but you can't give me that "oh he embellished it" BS.

I most certainly can and he most certainly did...........If that was a direct shot(full power) to the jewels, he would not have been able to get up off the ice and skate to the bench as quick as he did. I said in an earlier post he can openered the helmet off of Legwand's head which he did. I said nothing about contact to the head itself. Sound fair?

Edited by flyerrod

I most certainly can and he most certainly did...........If that was a direct shot(full power) to the jewels, he would not have been able to get up off the ice and skate to the bench as quick as he did. I said in an earlier post he can openered the helmet off of Legwand's head which he did. I said nothing about contact to the head itself. Sound fair?

No it doesn't. If he had a cup on it probably didn't get the jewels so much as the groin around them. Enough to put you down without incapacitating. Ever seen a guy take a groin shot and walk a few feet before collapsing? Most of us have.

If this were Giroux, you'd be screaming Legwand is liable for reproductive issues for the next twenty years.

And I was agreeing with your helmet talk, explaining what I felt would be the reason for no call there.

Edited by Polaris922

Malkin's stick knocking the helmet off wasn't intentional. That was two guys tangled trying to play the puck. What video are you watching?

Certainly not worthy off the butt-end by Legwand. 

@Polaris922

If this were Giroux, you'd be screaming Legwand is liable for reproductive issues for the next twenty years.

Understatement of the year there. ;)

Fair enough. The game misconduct was fitting and so is the fine. I have zero issue with that as there was no serious injury.

Exactly. That was my point. Him not missing much more than maybe a shift says he may have emoted just a tad.......still not a maneuver I care witness happening to anybody. :blink:

The shot from Legwand was bush league bullshit that would be a reason for players to actually drop the gloves.

I hope the league fines the **** out of him.

You pens fans can speculate all you'd like about what if it happened to a flyer. Enjoy that exercise .

Really I don't think he was aiming for the twig and berries and it is not the first time I've ever seen that move during and after a scrum.

The result was unfortunate still I hope Shannahan throws the book at Legwand.

Sarcasm on

Look, lets all be honest here, we all know that this was nothing but Karma for Matt Cooke doing something totally unrelated years ago in a Pens uniform.

Sarcasm off

In reality, this is just a dirty play that was unnecessary and selfish.  And really, he doesn't need us to tell us that he did something wrong, I'm sure that Babcock filled him up after the game, because HE is a class coach that respects the game.

• Like 2