Round 1 - Penguins vs Blue Jackets

hf101

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the first round series?

Consider this a general discussion thread for the Penguins vs Blue Jackets in Round 1

Regular season series (Penguins lead 5-0-0)

Nov 1, 2013 Columbus 2, Pittsburgh 4

Nov 2, 2013 Pittsburgh 3, Columbus 0

Dec 9, 2013 Columbus 1, Pittsburgh 2

Dec 29, 2013 Pittsburgh 5, Columbus 3

Mar 28, 2014 Pittsburgh 2, Columbus 1

Your thoughts on the series...

Can I say it again.....I wanted the Pens 1st round.

Columbus dosen't have the guns to compete with the Pens.  Columbus might get a game.  The only way the Blue Jackets win is if MAF goes in complete nuclear meltdown mode.  If that happens things will get ugly in Pittsburgh real quick.  Would love to see happen!  Realistically, the Pens should win this unless they are looking ahead to either the Rags or Flyers.  (that could be a distinct possibility).  It is in the Pens best interest to win this series early.  IF this goes 6 or 7 games the Pens are in trouble.

Pens in 5

@Ruxpin .... saw you voted for the Blue Jackets.  Love your optimism! :)

Edited by pilldoc

Can I say it again.....I wanted the Pens 1st round.

Columbus dosen't have the guns to compete with the Pens. Columbus might get a game. The only way the Blue Jackets win is if MAF goes in complete nuclear meltdown mode. If that happens things will get ugly in Pittsburgh real quick. Would love to see happen! Realistically, the Pens should win this unless they are looking ahead to either the Rags or Flyers. (that could be a distinct possibility). It is in the Pens best interest to win this series early. IF this goes 6 or 7 games the Pens are in trouble.

Pens in 5

@Ruxpin .... saw you voted for the Blue Jackets. Love your optimism! :)

Where you use optimism I would use foolishness.

It's not a great matchup for Columbus. But I'm counting on fleury to implode. Plus Bob steals one or two.

If money is involved, my wallet stays in my back pocket, but here where we're using monopoly money, I'll go with the Jackets.

The Pens are 5-0 against the Blue Jackets this year.  In those 5 games the Blue Jackets had the lead for a total of :56 seconds. On December 29, Brandon Dubinsky scored at 3:59 of the 1st period to make it 1-0.  James Neal scored at 4:55 to tie it.

Another interesting tid bit - Bob has played only 13 minutes against the Pens this year.

Fleury implodes. Bob stands on his head.  BJ's in 6.  Pepto Bylsma fired after the series.

Fleury implodes. Bob stands on his head.  BJ's in 6.  Pepto Bylsma fired after the series.

Not sure if you're serious or posting this in jest. If you're serious, you've been hanging around negative Flyers fans too long :)

I think the Jackets win one at home, but that's it. Pens in 5.

The Pens are 5-0 against the Blue Jackets this year.  In those 5 games the Blue Jackets had the lead for a total of :56 seconds. On December 29, Brandon Dubinsky scored at 3:59 of the 1st period to make it 1-0.  James Neal scored at 4:55 to tie it.

Another interesting tid bit - Bob has played only 13 minutes against the Pens this year.

I didn't realize that part.  Really well-constructed post.  I thought you were going and entirely different direction, and then WHAM.  

Remind to ask you after the playoffs are over if you (like me) battle karma and threat of disappointment by picking against your team.

Bobrovsky will play well and Columbus will send the Penguins packing

You are not far from the truth.  Bob historically plays very well vs. the Pens.  His 1st NHL start was vs. the Pens in their 1st game in their new building and won.  Bob certainly will play well, it is the rest of his team in which I call into question.  If the Blue Jackets win it will because of Bob.

Dude, I have been right far more than you give me credit for around here.  

I know you were right.  It was a Wednesday, I think.  I remember because it was raining.  It must have been in the fall because it was chilly but not cold.

The Pens pretty much dominated the games this year.  5-0 record aside, the Jackets couldn't generate much in the line of offense at all against the Pens, and this was against a team that we pretty much injured plagued for all of those games. 

I know I'm a Pens fan, but with a healthy team in front of Fleury, I think the Pens finish this off in  5.

Not sure if you're serious or posting this in jest. If you're serious, you've been hanging around negative Flyers fans too long :)

I think the Jackets win one at home, but that's it. Pens in 5.

I rarely pick my team when asked.  I do think the Pens pull it out but I think it will be closer that anticipated.  The Pens have a tendency to keep things close against lesser opponents.

I didn't realize that part.  Really well-constructed post.  I thought you were going and entirely different direction, and then WHAM.  

Remind to ask you after the playoffs are over if you (like me) battle karma and threat of disappointment by picking against your team.

You are on the right track...

Would like to pick Columbus, but I think the Pens have too many weapons for them. Will be a closer series than some think.

And I want the Flyers facing the Pens in the division final. The Flyers are living in the Pens' heads.

No wa,y no how do CBJ win this series, the Pens are getting healthy , back to the team that was cruising to the best record in the NHL by the halfway point.  

too beaucoup for bang-bang wit soul brova here. 

Pens in 5

the Pens are good and don't be surprised if they win the whole smash.  we'll see their toughest tests will be the Broons and or Flyers god/allah/big tree in the grove willing.

If Bob gets hot, and Fleury is not, the Pens will rot.

Honestly though, as much as I really like Ryan Johanson and Boone Jenner as up and coming players, they, along with a lot of their team just don't have the experience to go far in these playoffs. Pens in 5, 6 if Bob plays superhero.