Finally a win! Wow?

The Quigster

What did you guys think about Giroux's butt-bank off of Daley for a goal? This was a decent game and a great win,unfortunately about half of the team still isn't giving 100%. Time for Chief to put on his Big Boy Pants and use extreme coaching to eliminate this problem ! What would it take to convince B.Schenn to try "Crashing" the net a few times during the game?

I think John Wayne's epitaph was "he was ugly but got the job done." That's how i would describe this win. The defensive lapses were bad. Mason has to feel hung oit to dry. I guess Lehtonen must think oramfe and black bring Ebola-like symptoms.

Howie

These types of wins definitely help build character and confidence but the bottom line is they can't win 6-5 every night. This team has major defensive issues which goes beyond our " top 6 ".

What would it take to convince B.Schenn to try "Crashing" the net a few times during the game?

Last night was his best game so far (by far) and he was rewarded for going hard to the net. I agree with you he needs to be doing that a LOT more often, once or twice a game isn't enough. If he wants The Big Contract offer sometime next year he has to keeping making plays like that.

http://flyers.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2014020070

Flyers sure are a resilient bunch aren't they?  There are definite problems with the team, one's that aren't going to be solved until some of these albatross contracts are done and the youtes on D can graduate to NHL and can pitch in on Defense.  Til then we have to focus on the positives and try to enjoy the game.  Good to know they can always come back but I wish they would not put themselves in that position in the first place.

They're working their way up to a regulation win at least. :unsure[1]:

Looking forward to seeing more of the B. Schenn that played last night...not saying he was a dynamo but at least you NOTICED him.  Also looking forward to seeing VLC move on, maybe he can play well enough to trade at deadline.  

These types of wins definitely help build character and confidence but the bottom line is they can't win 6-5 every night. This team has major defensive issues which goes beyond our " top 6 ".

i agree, they cant play comeback every game, eventually they are going to have problems when they play tougher defensive teams and goaltending.

I think Hextall is definitely working something behind the scenes. First the Bouillon rumour and now I've seen a rumour tying the Flyers to Andrej Sekera in two places.

Bouillon might have been a depth Phantom move to allow one of our farm defensemen to come up once a trade was made. Sekera might just be a swap that would include Grossmann or Schenn.

Hopefully it works out better than the trade for his brother...or Grossmann...or MacDonald....or ProngI agre

I agree with you except for the fact that if Pronger doesn't have a career-ending injury, getting him here was great.

Hopefully it works out better than the trade for his brother...or Grossmann...or MacDonald....or Pronger...

At leasg there is a different guy making the decisions.

What's the point of changing GMs if things don't change?

The major problem with Holmgren is that they replaced Clarke with Clarke's protege and moved Clarke upstairs.

Hextall has only been with Holmgren for a year and spent most of his time under Lombardi away from the Flyers in an organization that has won as many Cups as the Flyers but actually within the last decade rather than 40 years ago.

I can see where Schenn might not be Hextall's kind of guy, but I think it may be just as likely as him believing in Schenn. As with any trade, there are inherent risks.

Especially when dealing 23-year old 20 goal scorers.

I can see where Schenn might not be Hextall's kind of guy, but I think it may be just as likely as him believing in Schenn

And he was part of the decision makers that have moved him once already. So it may happen again. You have to give to get. I would just love for him to move both Schenn if he does pull the trigger. The blueline needs shoring up i can't see to many more assets anyone would covet.

And he was part of the decision makers that have moved him once already. So it may happen again. You have to give to get. I would just love for him to move both Schenn if he does pull the trigger. The blueline needs shoring up i can't see to many more assets anyone would covet.

Get a 26yo 2 time 30 goal scorer for them and no one would think twice.

Archived