They're going to do something stupid

fanaticV3.0

I don't know what it will be, but I'm in tune enough with the Force to sense it.

-Hextall is already angry. He won't sit still either because he is angry enough to send a message or because the old man will step in (which he usually does).

-They reported on WIP the other day that the old man emerged from his crypt in Florida long enough to say he isn't happy either. You know he isn't patient enough and he lets the fans get to him. They are also unhappy. He is a knee-jerk reaction kind of guy, which in of itself is an issue, but he does not respond well to being talked about by the fans and media.

-Berube is targeting MDZ and targeting him after a quarter of a season, several of which he's been our best defenseman, when your team consists of the sh-t show that is Luke Schenn, Grossman, or MacDonald is mind-boggling. When coaches start doing things like this, it's a sign things are not well.

I hope they are smart enough to realize that aside from anyone looking to add an overpriced veteran, they shouldn't be moving anyone. I doubt it though. The more likely thing is to see Schenn or Couturier being traded.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@fanaticV3.0

@murraycraven

@sarsippius

Damm organization never learns as damm thing.  It's like forever groundhod day.  The same vicisous cycle always repeats itself.  @fanaticV3.0, I hope your spidey sense is wrong.  This board will go absolutely ape-$hiite if they pull another knee-jerking reactionary move.  Someone needs to take the car keys, phones, and computers away from Snider.

@fanaticV3.0

@murraycraven

@sarsippius

Damm organization never learns as damm thing.  It's like forever groundhod day.  The same vicisous cycle always repeats itself.  @fanaticV3.0, I hope your spidey sense is wrong.  This board will go absolutely ape-$hiite if they pull another knee-jerking reactionary move.  Someone needs to take the car keys, phones, and computers away from Snider.

If they do something stupid we will all know there is no hope for this organization until Mr Snider is 6 ft under.

if history serves us you are spot on...   you know it will eventually happen.   the question is when....

If I'm in charge of this team, G, Voracek, Simmonds, Coots, Schenn, Raffl, Read, MDZ, and Mason are going nowhere this season. I might even include Bellemare, because he's actually a good player. So often you sign nobodies for your 4th line, but this dude can play and play multiple positions.

Someone needs to take the car keys, phones, and computers away from Snider.

Just make a fake Stanley Cup out of tin foil and give it to Snider and he won't know the difference. Hexy can give it to him and say "Oooo. Looky-looky. Shiny cup. Now go in the corner and play with it (the cup I mean)...".

unless it's dead weight like VLC nor umberger, no trade makes sense.

Hextall is pissed not because jeyne bad but because they're even worse than they should be.

By a lot.

They should be threatening to win occasionally.

Trades to improve will do nothing as Berube seems to me to be the major problem.

Benching Vinny, Luke and others can't hurt but the system and the coaching still isn't there to prevent goals.

This "defense first" coach has his defense doing anything but defending.

When the offense helps out, they get scored on less, but don't score at all. When the offense tries to score more, the defense gets schooled.

They're "bad" because of the players. They're "horrible" backside Chief. And it gives me no pleasure to say that. I want him to be good.

He's simply outclassed in this league.

I don't know what it will be, but I'm in tune enough with the Force to sense it.

-Hextall is already angry. He won't sit still either because he is angry enough to send a message or because the old man will step in (which he usually does).

-They reported on WIP the other day that the old man emerged from his crypt in Florida long enough to say he isn't happy either. You know he isn't patient enough and he lets the fans get to him. They are also unhappy. He is a knee-jerk reaction kind of guy, which in of itself is an issue, but he does not respond well to being talked about by the fans and media.

-Berube is targeting MDZ and targeting him after a quarter of a season, several of which he's been our best defenseman, when your team consists of the sh-t show that is Luke Schenn, Grossman, or MacDonald is mind-boggling. When coaches start doing things like this, it's a sign things are not well.

I hope they are smart enough to realize that aside from anyone looking to add an overpriced veteran, they shouldn't be moving anyone. I doubt it though. The more likely thing is to see Schenn or Couturier being traded.

It's a different era. You can't compare previous Flyer GM's to Hexy current reign. I believe he's not a yes man....and I believe that he took the job knowing their was no strings attached. I'm sure he knew about Homer's previous problems, ie being forced or coerced into signing Bryz etc. Of course, I have no proof of this, but my gut says he made it clear to Snider that this was his show. Why would you enter into a situation where you have no control over things that will go directly on his job resume? I'm sure the Flyers were not his only suitor. He didn't *have* to take the Flyers job, so why enter into a situation where his hands are tied before he ever sits down to his desk?

Assuming my theory is correct, Hexy will make no panic moves. He may make minor moves to appease Snider, but the core will stay intact. So far, he's made two significant moves, the depth signing of Schultlz, which was an excellent move....and the ill advised trading of Harts for Crapberger. There was a means to and end, helping out future cap savings, but the move itself moved the franchise back considerably, to the point where the cap savings were not worth the deal. Why would he make a move which could further damage his reputation? Unless something comes across his desk that is an absolute win, the team stands pat.

I believe he's not a yes man....

I agree to a point jammer but we really dont know what Hexy is yet... the only trade he made was for RJ and that has been anything but good (dont get me wrong b/c I get the 2 years less).   We really dont know what Hexy is right now...

It's a different era. You can't compare previous Flyer GM's to Hexy current reign. I believe he's not a yes man....and I believe that he took the job knowing their was no strings attached. I'm sure he knew about Homer's previous problems, ie being forced or coerced into signing Bryz etc. Of course, I have no proof of this, but my gut says he made it clear to Snider that this was his show. Why would you enter into a situation where you have no control over things that will go directly on his job resume? I'm sure the Flyers were not his only suitor. He didn't *have* to take the Flyers job, so why enter into a situation where his hands are tied before he ever sits down to his desk?

Assuming my theory is correct, Hexy will make no panic moves. He may make minor moves to appease Snider, but the core will stay intact. So far, he's made two significant moves, the depth signing of Schultlz, which was an excellent move....and the ill advised trading of Harts for Crapberger. There was a means to and end, helping out future cap savings, but the move itself moved the franchise back considerably, to the point where the cap savings were not worth the deal. Why would he make a move which could further damage his reputation? Unless something comes across his desk that is an absolute win, the team stands pat.

I would add the signing of Del Zotto as another significant move. Potentially very significant if MDZ maintains his level of play. Assuming he gets back in the lineup of course...

I may be the only one... check that, I'm almost certainly the only one... but I think Snider may be changing his ways. He has made some public comments recently talking about how impatient he has been (Bryzgalov says "thanks") in the past. Granted, he didn't come out and say he wouldn't be like that anymore but admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery.

That combined with Hextall's repeated statements that he is not going to trade away (or rush) his prospects makes me optimistic that they just might not do something stupid. The problem there is that Flyers fans will go (and currently are going) nuts while team goes through this rebuild-that's-not-actually-a-rebuild-but-in-fact-really-is-a-rebuild.

The problem is that they have already done stupid things.

VLC, Umberger, Luke Schenn, MacDonald, etc. This team just needs to shed the dead weight.

I would much rather see the kids play (Hagg, Morin, Ghost [injured, I know], than these over-paid under-performers.

And just maybe it is time to bring back Terry Murray as head coach? This team just looks lost right now.

The problem is that they have already done stupid things.

VLC, Umberger, Luke Schenn, MacDonald, etc. This team just needs to shed the dead weight.

I would much rather see the kids play (Hagg, Morin, Ghost [injured, I know], than these over-paid under-performers.

And just maybe it is time to bring back Terry Murray as head coach? This team just looks lost right now.

Embrace the Horror

Delivereth onf of McDavid or Eichel or Hanifan

Do people actually think that Hartnell being here would make any sort of difference?

I'll bite... 

I do, I think he provided leadership to the team, he kept guys loose, he had your back, he is a great teammate.  He's the kind of player that is good to have on your team, he's a guy that plays for his teammates and because he'd be one of the longest tenured Flyers he would have the respect in the room for guys to follow his lead.  I don't see anyone stepping up to that role with this bunch.  So...

Even though on the score sheet he's doing diddly/pooh with CBJ, I think our team misses him more than his production.

One could argue that rushing kids who are not ready for the NHL would also be stupid. Just saying...

Personally I like him in Allentown where he can do one of the things that he does best- develop young defensemen.

so trading cotourier is a stupid move?  at cotourier's current price, he's so so.  if they can get a top 6 forward for him or a top 4 defensman for him, or a 2nd round draft pick, it would be stupid not to.  signing him to anything over $3 mill a year would be the biggest mistake they could make.  he has the talent of adam hall or blair betts.

Just make a fake Stanley Cup out of tin foil and give it to Snider and he won't know the difference. Hexy can give it to him and say "Oooo. Looky-looky. Shiny cup. Now go in the corner and play with it (the cup I mean)...".

spitting up my drink....LOL......

4651726106_9d91f0e3fa_z.jpg   +  Ed-Snider.jpg  = Photo+30-06-2013+08+49+52+AM.jpg

Archived