good job

flyer4ever

what's more frustating is that the post game is acting like we are best team in the world because we won a shootout and against a really bad team, i dont get it anyone, they say we stink and now we are playoff contenders because of this and if we lose again we are not playoff bound. i mean, where's the realism in the media for god sakes?

Flyer:

I guess pride factors in sometimes. So does the law of averages. After losing 10 straight overtimes they were due.

Peace, and don't get too upset...I still think they draft well.  

Howie

The playoff talk is really irritating me. We are 8 points out and most of the teams in front of us have games in hand.

Too soon to worry about that, you say? You say wrong. 9-1-1 for the jackets and they picked up three points. There is NOTHING in this team that indicates 9-1-1 let alone sustaining that long enough to leap frog all those teams and make up 8 points.

The playoffs are NOT happening.

what's more frustating is that the post game is acting like we are best team in the world because we won a shootout and against a really bad team, i dont get it anyone, they say we stink and now we are playoff contenders because of this and if we lose again we are not playoff bound. i mean, where's the realism in the media for god sakes?

Easy fella... easy. It will all be over soon enough... No need to get the knickers in a bunch, not over the door knob announcers. 

Easy fella... easy. It will all be over soon enough... No need to get the knickers in a bunch, not over the door knob announcers. 

sorry, im just really tired of this playoff nonsense because even if we do get in, it's like nothing is going change, berube will get a extension, defense will be the same, i  just want changes for the better and not more excuses that i have been dealing with since 2011. that's just my biggest fear because this team is just bypolar with the way they are playing.

The Philly press was calling it a "disastrous road trip" when they were 3-2-1 on the road trip. philly sports press is out of its mind desperate for senatonalism.

sorry, im just really tired of this playoff nonsense because even if we do get in, it's like nothing is going change, berube will get a extension, defense will be the same, i  just want changes for the better and not more excuses that i have been dealing with since 2011. that's just my biggest fear because this team is just bypolar with the way they are playing.

1st... No need to be sorry at all. We all are with you on the frustration level.

B. If you can get to be bi polar then you are halfway to being ok with the way they play. You just have to sync up with them and you will be fine.

Next. We are COOOOMMMMPPPLLLLEEEETTTTLLLLYYYY screwed this year so I am working hard to be at peace in my hockey world. We are not going to do better than 6 or 7 in the draft and may be as high as the mid teens. We are not going to make the playoffs unless we go on a run AND the teams in front of us collapse. Not likely.

4th. Here is a sobering and realistic way of looking at the McDavid sweeps. The worst team (likely Edm or Car) have a 20% chance of getting that pick. The inverse is that you have an 80% chance of not getting it. Yes, the absolute worst team is guaranteed Eichel or McDavid but everyone else is rolling the dice and after that  1st and B picks it's a serious crap shoot. So say Edmonton continues to crap out (a 2 on 0 breakaway and they don't even get a shot off!!! Really?) and after tanking and/or sucking they still have an 80% chance of missing the top pick. (yes E is a great second choice). My point is everyone focus's on the 20% chance of getting it and not the 80% chance of missing it. And won't everyone crap themselves if one of those "better" teams get's it with their 5% or so... Maybe us?

Lastly. If we make the playoffs it would indeed be a disaster for ONLY the fans  because we think Flyers management is more stupid than they are (chew on that one). They know what they have which is a a disaster. Give Hextall time. There isn't one of us here that could wave a magic wand and fix this shittle storm.

So put your waders on because it's gonna get deep! Buckle up!

NHL.com said this was Simmonds first shoutout attempt this year. That can't possibly be true can it? Would chief really not send his top goal scorer out for the shoutout?

Yes, it's true. Simmonds gets mostly garbage goals, but that's not a bad thing. Rebounds, deflections, and tip in goals. He doesn't score the same kind of goals that G and Jake score. The coach picks more of the finesse type players for the Shootout.

Yes, it's true. Simmonds gets mostly garbage goals, but that's not a bad thing. Rebounds, deflections, and tip in goals. He doesn't score the same kind of goals that G and Jake score. The coach picks more of the finesse type players for the Shootout.

that's worked out well.

@flyer4ever

@briere48

way to go boys, why draft 2nd when you can draft 10th. This team could f#*k up the lords prayer. Every day brings new merriment to Flyerland.

I'm not sure what you guys expect - the players to intentionally throw games? 

He's tried everything but the kitchen sink at this point. I would have thought he'd have tried his leading scorer before 10 SOL's. And yeah Simmonds gets a lot of clean up the trash goals, but it's nikt as if he doesn't have skills. And he showed more moves on that winner than most of the "finesse" guys ever do.

@flyer4ever

@briere48

I'm not sure what you guys expect - the players to intentionally throw games? 

no, but what frustrates me is that they play when they feel like that.  i mean, if the players started giving a crap and play like they want to win every night then i wouldnt get frustrated. that's why i want this team to lose because i want some accountability and changes for the better and not hextall being fooled on keeping the same players and go through with this every year, that's what im pissed off about.

The playoff talk is really irritating me. We are 8 points out and most of the teams in front of us have games in hand.

Too soon to worry about that, you say? You say wrong. 9-1-1 for the jackets and they picked up three points. There is NOTHING in this team that indicates 9-1-1 let alone sustaining that long enough to leap frog all those teams and make up 8 points.

Those guys in the studio totally suck. I'm sorry, but what hockey credentials does Al Morganti have again? I know he's covered hockey for quite awhile, but his opinions generally run counter to much wiser hockey minds on most occasions. Last night he and borkan? had the most idiotic discussion about Giroux being team MVP or not. It went around in a few circles before they really came to NO conclusions. The only conclusion the viewer could ascertain was that Morganti went full circle with his opinion and one, or both, doesn't know the difference between team MVP and league MVP. Morganti then made another wild superlative claim. I really think the average poster on this board could have provided more insight last night... which is scary and sad. 

Those guys in the studio totally suck. I'm sorry, but what hockey credentials does Al Morganti have again? I know he's covered hockey for quite awhile, but his opinions generally run counter to much wiser hockey minds on most occasions. Last night he and borkan? had the most idiotic discussion about Giroux being team MVP or not. It went around in a few circles before they really came to NO conclusions. The only conclusion the viewer could ascertain was that Morganti went full circle with his opinion and one, or both, doesn't know the difference between team MVP and league MVP. Morganti then made another wild superlative claim. I really think the average poster on this board could have provided more insight last night... which is scary and sad. 

I generally like Morganti, but the whole situation just points up the folly of watching "analysis" by people paid by the people that own the team sitting in studios owned by the people that own the team.

They simply can't say "what's really on their mind" unless they want to be out of a job.

Statistically speaking, as of yesterday, they had a 2% chance of making the playoffs with the current standing.  Playoffs are not happening...

no, but what frustrates me is that they play when they feel like that.  i mean, if the players started giving a crap and play like they want to win every night then i wouldnt get frustrated. that's why i want this team to lose because i want some accountability and changes for the better and not hextall being fooled on keeping the same players and go through with this every year, that's what im pissed off about.

seriously toughfighter - they played the SENS for heavens sake who are 8th in the Atlantic.  Not to mention it took a GREAT performance from Mason to do so...

It is not like they just beat Pitt, Nash or the Ducks.  

Archived