Is Giroux here next year?

activestick

Really?  Is this meant to be in jest? 

Giroux is not going anywhere...   He and Jake are the backbone of this Team.   Why would you move a player that is 3rd in the league and possibly the best faceoff man in the league?

Plus the chemistry he has developed with Jake leads one to believe they could be a dominate duo for years to come.

because I think he's 27 and in his prime, whereas the team is entering a rebuild stage.  I think his talent will be wasted here waiting for prospects to arrive.

I get what you are saying stick and it is a good question.  If this rebuild take 4/5 years we very well might be missing our best players prime. I think when you have a players like G and Jake you do not trade them.  Unless Hextall is going to blow this thing to pieces I dont see either being moved. 

If that high 1st was 1st overall I'd consider. otherwise there better be multiple 1sts and 2nds coming our way. And they better be high.

Who? The team trading for Giroux or the Flyers for trading him?

:cool[1]:

Would you really trade Giroux for a shot at McDavid?

You mean for Mcdavid? Like I said I'd consider it.  Taking the best prospect to come along since Crosby to go along with a roster that will likely peak when Claude is starting to slide, along with freeing up a lot of money for the next 3 years isn't so bad of a move. Will Mcdavid be as good as Giroux? Maybe. He might be better. I doubt he's going to be anything short of great.

As discussed before...if Edmonton gets the # 1 and gives us Nurse and McDavid for Giroux , Luke Schenn and takes Mc D or Vinny off our hands I would really think about it...let's face it , we are several years away from serious contention and does anyone see the team being significantly better next year or the year after ? So do you keep G while we wait to get good or do you build around a guy like McDavid....not staying this trade will ever happen but....

As discussed before...if Edmonton gets the # 1 and gives us Nurse and McDavid for Giroux , Luke Schenn and takes Mc D or Vinny off our hands I would really think about it...let's face it , we are several years away from serious contention and does anyone see the team being significantly better next year or the year after ? So do you keep G while we wait to get good or do you build around a guy like McDavid....not staying this trade will ever happen but....

I would seriously have to consider that trade as well...

Greetings:

I don't think they would trade him but the reasoning may be symbolic as much as substantive. He is the "heart" of this squad. . . . .not that this means much.  It would be tacit admission that this whole group is pretty much a disaster with a handful of exceptions.

Peace,

Howie

if Edmonton gets the # 1 and gives us Nurse and McDavid for Giroux , Luke Schenn and takes Mc D or Vinny off our hands I would really think about it

You'd think about it???

I would seriously have to consider that trade as well...

If Edmonton makes that trade they should just go and shut the entire province of Alberta down. Maybe include the Northwest Territories, Yukon and Nunavut as well. Throw in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho for good measure.

(no offense, Idaho!)

@Howie58

I don't think trading anyone for the best prospect to come out in a decade is an admission to anything negative...

FC:

That is a good observation.  The reasoning that G will be old by the time this rebuild is done has some truth.  I might not pull the trigger to off G but others have a valid point.

Howie

If you trade G for the no.1 pick, why not trade Jake for the no.2 also. That way, what are the chances of both guys being a bust, lol. G and Jake are the 2 last guys on this team I would trade. Anyone else on this team can be have for a great offer. VLC, RJ and MacD, they can have for free.

You mean for Mcdavid? Like I said I'd consider it. Taking the best prospect to come along since Crosby to go along with a roster that will likely peak when Claude is starting to slide, along with freeing up a lot of money for the next 3 years isn't so bad of a move. Will Mcdavid be as good as Giroux? Maybe. He might be better. I doubt he's going to be anything short of great.

I get your reasoning. If I were GM though and that offer was on the table at draft day I'd have to say no, as tempting as it would be.

Archived