Jagr wants out of NJ

hf101

Jaromir+Jagr+Buffalo+Sabres+v+New+Jersey

If not traded could Jagr's career be over?

Adam Oates has dropped Jagr's ice time in previous games and Jagr has stated that he want's out of New Jersey. Apparently Jagr won't play at all if he isn't traded.

“I think it might change the other way if I stay here,” the 43-year-old future Hall of Famer said after today's morning skate. “That's all I really worry about. If I stay here and we're not going to have a chance to make the playoffs, I don't think I'm going to play at all. And I still like to play. I like this team, I love this team, but if it's going to be after the trading deadline and we're going to be (out of playoff contention), it's going to get worse. I know that.”

Jagr, who is on a seven-game point drought entering tonight's game against Calgary, believes the Devils will start to look to the future if they are clearly out of the playoff race and that he will be left behind if he's still on the team.

“You're probably going to play guys who've got a contract next year or young guys," he said. "It's understandable, don't you think? That's the way I do.”

When asked if he believes he will still be a Devil after Monday's 3 p.m. deadline, Jagr replied, “I don't know. I'm not sure. I cannot answer that.”

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fire-ice-1.174987/jaromir-jagr-fears-he-won-t-play-at-all-if-devils-don-t-trade-him-and-team-isn-t-in-playoff-hunt-1.1277630

Honor the contract you signed.

He is honoring the contract he signed. I don't read that as him saying "I won't play" he's saying that the team will decide to give more time to younger players and players under contract for next year.

Which they most likely will.

A point drought isn't surprising if ice time is diminishing and you're playing on the depth lines of a team that is four points out of four points out in the playoff race.

Could easily be time to hang them up for Jagr, but he's likely still got some value on the trade market. The Devils would be wise to get whatever they can for him.

He is honoring the contract he signed. I don't read that as him saying "I won't play" he's saying that the team will decide to give more time to younger players and players under contract for next year.

Which they most likely will.

Once you are out of the playoff race, you would be insane if you did not play the younger and signed  passed this year guys. Jagr has to know that his tank is starting to run out and this might be his last chance at a cup too. As vindictive as Lou can be, I wonder what Jagr's response to being traded to the Leafs will be..... :blink[1]:

Honor the contract you signed. 

7 game point drought? Maybe the Devils should just stop paying him?

Lol, trust me. There have been worse point droughts in NJD then Jagr...Ryder, Zubrus...almost every other forward has had a longer game point drought then jagr besides Gomez and Cam

"I still like to play. I like this team, I love this team, but if it's going to be after the trading deadline and we're going to be (out of playoff contention), it's going to get worse. I know that.”

Yeah, I read it the way Rad did. Not that Jagr would refuse to play, but that he feels his ice time will continue to drop if the team isn't making a run at the playoffs. Therefore, he'd prefer to get traded because a contender will play him, not drop his ice time to get a better look at younger players.

"I still like to play. I like this team, I love this team, but if it's going to be after the trading deadline and we're going to be (out of playoff contention), it's going to get worse. I know that.”

Yeah, I read it the way Rad did. Not that Jagr would refuse to play, but that he feels his ice time will continue to drop if the team isn't making a run at the playoffs. Therefore, he'd prefer to get traded because a contender will play him, not drop his ice time to get a better look at younger players.

Ya, upon reading it again, thats how it comes across. This morning pre-coffee, I read HFs post saying apparently he won;t play if he isn't traded. But when you read Jagrs comments, its more that they likely won't play him much if they don't trade him.

Problem solved. Jagr traded to Florida (insert old person joke here) for a 2nd in 2015, conditional 3rd in 2016.

I'm surprised they got as much as they did for him. The Devils could potentially have 3 picks in the top 45-50 of this year's draft. I'll take it.

Archived