Flyers and Goalie Coach Jeff Reese part ways

Adamflyers

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it could have been he found out that berube is not coaching next year and he didnt want to be part of a new staff or hextall told him it's his last year they are not bringing him back and he didnt want to finish the year out.  it's not surprising, since hextall wants to bring his own guys.

I'm thinking Reese spoke up about Mason still not being 100% and risking his health and it pissed Hexy and the gang off.

I have nothing to go on it's just a hunch just watching the last game versus Calgary and the highlights of the Blues game Mason just doesn't look like he is completely healthy.

I'm wondering if Reeser spoke and then would keep quiet about it/condone it so they just decided to part ways.

Just to put a different spin on this what if Berube was the one that wanted Reese gone? Maybe Hexy is a believer in The Chief..

I want Berube gone as much as anyone but maybe Hextall is a believer...

God help us if you are right MC

That's troublesome. I expect the coach to stick up for his guys, and management shouldn't give him crap for it.

This also makes me wonder if Berube really is on the way out. Reese seems to have been questioning Berube more than management. Why get rid of Reese if you're planning not to bring Berube back?

Ha i knew it i just guessed that a couple post back...i agree they shouldn't have risked it rushing him he isn't ready.

Actually saw Mason flexing his knee at one point last night. I think your on to something about him still being hurt and Reese not liking the fact that they are so playoff happy that they are willing to risk getting him seriously hurt.

That's how I took it too...Hexy wants to bring in his own people...Chief may be next to go once the season ends

The timing is odd. Really odd.

And hasn't he been really great for them? Wanting to bring in "his own" doesn't make sense.

Got to be something else they don't want talk about it.

That's troublesome. I expect the coach to stick up for his guys, and management shouldn't give him crap for it.

This also makes me wonder if Berube really is on the way out. Reese seems to have been questioning Berube more than management. Why get rid of Reese if you're planning not to bring Berube back?

This is kind of how I read into it as well AJ...   maybe this was a Berube issues and Hexy was backing up his Coach.

Can't blame him there. Can't figure why Hexy (a former goalie) would act like that to his #1.

It just doesn't make sense that they say they don't want to make any crazy trades and sacrifices of young prospect for the future for a chance at the playoffs which i agreed with then to turn around and risk Mason's healthy it just doesn't add up.

I see in the morning paper"Terry Murray Retraction"!!!! I guess after the Reese debacle Ghost will be appearing soon. 

Yeah Murray said he just got the telegraph this morning...... :ph34r:

Pretty much the same thing stated....

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/06/report-goalie-coach-reese-leaves-flyers-after-simmering-relationship-with-management-boils-over/

Sources said Mason was given that word by the team, asking him to suit up because the team had salary cap issues and could not afford another backup goaltender for the game.

I guess Hexy doesn't take well to folks pointing fingers at him. :ph34r:

This is really troublesome...Daily News article says Mason had 60% of his meniscus removed in his last surgery. How on earth could anyone think it's good idea to do anything besides shut him down. Seems to me they decided they weren't going to mess up the future by trading / rushing the young guys from the A in order to make the playiffs....but let's ride Mason into the ground because we need to keep fans in the seats. And they fire the one cat that sticks up for Mason in the whole process

I don't get this f'ing organization, we have a possible great goalie here and they want to f him up by rushing him back for a stupid run at the playoffs. Been a while where a goalie has given us something to look forward to and yet they want to screw him up long term for short term gain.

This really makes me second guess Hextall even tho he is sticking to his plan long term but like others have said this makes no sense in that he should know better as he was a goalie. Even if this was forced upon Hextall to play Mason by the STUPID owner, Hextall should have stepped up and back up his goalie.

If this was a first time that they did this I can give them a past but it isn't. Remember the Lindros days? They seem to rush players back from injuries and it is not good. I wouldn't be surprised if there were many more players that also came back too soon but were not reported.

Sorry for the long rant, I needed to get this off my chest.

Why does folks want Berube gone? I Think he have done a great job with this poor material. I really like what he is getting out of this team. We have 1 scoring line and 3 checking lines, we have like 3 decent defensmen but we're touching playoffs spot. I would like to see what he can do with a better team.

Archived