Flyers to waive MacDonald at noon today

brelic

I'm not sure what's better...hearing McDud was waived....especially after Tim Pinocchio told us all yesterday that Luke Schenn would be waived today...or finally being done jury duty.

Yeah i hate jury duty i got out of my last one because my daughter was being born. God i hate jury duty.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

especially after Tim Pinocchio told us all yesterday that Luke Schenn would be waived today

There was no way they were waiving Schenn in the last year of his deal prior to UFA status.

No. Way.

And for all of Hextall's "tough decision" BS, this was really the only move they could make and keep Laughton without losing something for nothing. VLC has a NMC, after all.

Schenn, Gudas, Gagner, Manning - all of them would have been claimed.

Greetings:

I think this move is courageous but not cause for so much joy. Agreed, a million in cap helps. But gosh, what a load to carry down the road...it is still 4 million, unless the capologists say otherwise.

Best,

Howie

Howie,

Remember it's the Flyers, they love spending money towards Players not to play for them. :)

Cause we could deal him for a pick....McDud, you can't.

A toe pick?

Yeah maybe on the pick. Conditional 4th. The guy is horrible and everyone knows it. You're lucky to get him taken off waivers and it's a cleaner cap help.

A toe pick?

Yeah maybe on the pick. Conditional 4th. The guy is horrible and everyone knows it. You're lucky to get him taken off waivers and it's a cleaner cap help.

Someone will give us a 2nd at the deadline. 

I am happy we have more cap space. And we might come closer to bringing some good people along.  But what a price to pay.  Spinning the disco ball a little, think about the teachers with 20 years  experience who get paid 45-50K.  This dude is getting paid a bundle to effectively pretend he's a major leaguer.  It makes me cringe.  

Howie

Well he doesn't really have to make a move now that he is waived. Just every 30 days Mcdud has to go through waivers again. So maybe just maybe we;ll be lucky and someone actually claims him....very unlikely but we can hold out hope.

Huh? They have to send down Macdonald now, the only other option is to demote Laughton, which given the press conference and official Flyers' articles, aint happening. Since they made no other waiver moves, and the final team needs to be set tomorrow, MacDonald MUST be assigned to the ahl. If MacDonald clears waivers and is assigned to the AHL, he won't have to clear again unless he is recalled and they try to send him down again after more than 30 days. They don't have to re-waive him if he's still down there. Teams already had their shot to pick him up.

My quick deadline trade list....

1-Streit

2-Luke

3-RJ--i'm hoping he has a good year and proves he can help some team

4-Gagner

5-Schultz

6-Gudas

7-Brayden--he can bring the highest return

8-MDZ

9-MDV

10-VLC--highly unlikely i think he is bought out after this year.

Streit?

We'll literally score half as many goals.

He's got 3 years left with this one? Trade him next year.

This year is Shenn and Gudas time. And I wonder what kind of return would Brayden fetch?

The chance to draft another forward like him who could play in 3 years and contribute in 5 when Guroux has gone the way of Briere and Gagne?

I say we try actually coaching the guys we have and unlearning all that garbage that they were trying to do the last two years. I don't know what Hakstol is planning, and I don't know why it ain't happening yet, but I sure hope it's for real.

He loses $25 million.

So Hextall learned from Lombardi right? I see Hexy asking Mac a "favor" in the near future.

"Can you drive my car to Ontario for me? I need to get it inspected. Thanks for the solid. Maybe we can fit you back into the big club when you get back. Just don't look in the trunk. "

Huh? They have to send down Macdonald now, the only other option is to demote Laughton, which given the press conference and official Flyers' articles, aint happening. Since they made no other waiver moves, and the final team needs to be set tomorrow, MacDonald MUST be assigned to the ahl. If MacDonald clears waivers and is assigned to the AHL, he won't have to clear again unless he is recalled and they try to send him down again after more than 30 days. They don't have to re-waive him if he's still down there. Teams already had their shot to pick him up.

Yeah but if he comes back up and plays he just has to be waived after 30 days or 10 games played. If he comes back up. If not he will just be Wade Reddened till his contract is up...

I would guess more than Coburn if his point totals are close to top 10 again. If Medvedev proves he can play for most of the season, and MDZ returns to his early form, I easily part with Streit at the deadline.

I would guess more than Coburn if his point totals are close to top 10 again. If Medvedev proves he can play for most of the season, and MDZ returns to his early form, I easily part with Streit at the deadline.

....especially if Ghost is ready in Lehigh Valley

Archived