Game #8 - Sabres at Flyers - Oct 27 2015 - 7:00 (Briere retirement night)

brelic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for this year being different! We can hang with and beat the top teams but suck ass against the bottom feeders. Ugh!

I feel a goaltending controversy brewing when Neuwy gets healthy.............its' only a matter of time. Mase should of had those two i think the 1st maybe was just lucky but the 2nd he must make.

I feel a goaltending controversy brewing when Neuwy gets healthy.............its' only a matter of time. Mase should of had those two i think the 1st maybe was just lucky but the 2nd he must make.

Yeah,I am not watching because I am at my sons midget practice but am getting minute by minute play by play from the 50 Sabres fans here at the rink. I have been following Meltzer's Twitter and he said Mason should have had them.

my sons midget practice

Hey that ain't no way to talk about ya son!!!!!

I'm just joking i here ya HF is at the game!!!

I'm just getting drunk in my living room!!!! I hope that weak 2nd goal given up by Mason doesn't come back to haunt them.

Hey that ain't no way to talk about ya son!!!!!

I'm just joking i here ya HF is at the game!!!

I'm just getting drunk in my living room!!!! I hope that weak 2nd goal given up by Mason doesn't come back to haunt them.

My bad, his "little people" practice

Get well Neuwy Flyers need you.

Mason needs to work on somethings....ugh.

Then Carlo Colaiacovo with the GWing assist it cuts deep. And the Flyers are stuck with Manning.

They should've resigned CC he and MDZ where the best 2 Dmen the last quarter of the season oh well.

I thought Mason was pretty good last night... he made some huge saves to keep the game close.  First goal was on G and it was a bit fluky.   The other two goals I really did not have an issue w/ since the one was a total screen by MDZ.   I dont see a controversy at all...  Mason is the #1 in my eyes but a little competition is never a bad thing.

Mason let in a couple of goals in the first period where he wasn't hugging the post.  From then on the Flyers tried to play catch up and Mason played better.  Neither team had much momentum throughout the majority of the game.  I think the Flyers missed a lot of opportunities to take advantage of Johnson if they would have opted to shoot the puck at the net vs a poorly made pass to a teammate.  Jake really needs to take the puck to the net if he even thinks of scoring a goal this season.  

The Flyers really have a issue on defense that needs to be addressed and that is Medvedev needs more ice time and a better pairing.   The guy has so much unused skating skill controlling the puck that other teams give him a yard or two of space for an open shot.  There are times when he really needs to carry the puck into the zone for a shot on net, but if he were to get caught having Luke back there will never work.  

I don't know if anyone else noticed or not but in the first period on the Power Play Medvedev and Giroux had a beaut of an opportunity with Medvedev carrying the puck up the ice as Giroux sprinted to the side of the net for a pass that just missed. 

Overall I didn't think the Flyers played as well as they did against Chicago which was the last game I was at, their passing was sloppy and they chased the puck around a lot. Imo, they didn't deserve a win tonight, but the 3rd tying goal was a positive sign that this team can and wants to win every game.

Overall I didn't think the Flyers played as well as they did against Chicago which was the last game I was at, their passing was sloppy and they chased the puck around a lot. Imo, they didn't deserve a win tonight, but the 3rd tying goal was a positive sign that this team can and wants to win every game.

I think that's what is going to get me through the season.  These last few years they have been painful to watch (sometimes to the point of turning them off completely), but I see a different team this year. It seems that they'll be very entertaining until the team is where it needs to be and we bring the Cup back to Philly!  ;)

Jake really needs to take the puck to the net if he even thinks of scoring a goal this season.  

Jake has a case of the Carter's "High and Wide" right now.  Not too worried b/c he is getting chances but man he is fighting the puck right now.

The Flyers really have a issue on defense that needs to be addressed and that is Medvedev needs more ice time and a better pairing.

This!  Schenn is brutal out there and Manning is just as bad.  Unless there is an injury I just don't see anything changing.   

I think that's what is going to get me through the season.  These last few years they have been painful to watch (sometimes to the point of turning them off completely), but I see a different team this year. It seems that they'll be very entertaining until the team is where it needs to be and we bring the Cup back to Philly!  ;)

fan, I agree completely... I actually enjoy watching the games this year and like the brand of hockey they are playing.  The appear to be playing w/ confidence and have some fight to them.   Last night was another poor start which continues to be a problem.... 

Is there a chance that we see Ghost out there soon? 

Also it looks like VLC is going to be back in the line-up soon too.

unless there is an injury or a trade I think Gost will be in the AHL... is it wrong to hope for an injury? ;)

If I am Hextall I would honestly bring up Cousins or someone else and keep VLC in the rafters.   I would not allow him to play...   

Teams often have problems "getting up" for "inferior" competition.

See: Blackhawks, Chicago - October 14

There were quotes from the locker room on teh teevees talking about needing to be ready to play every game, not just New York and Pittsburgh.

Nice to see them claw back for a point at least. Really do need more from the VeeGees than the 82 points - combined - they are "on pace" for.

Certainly didn't play "very well" last night, some of that could be Buffalo doesn't really suck, they are pretty strong down the middle and have some guys with some skill.  

the fact that this group didn't play very well yet hung in there and got a point feels very different from the last two years.  

I agree with all who find this team entertaining, and agree with all who feel Medvedev needs to see more ice time with a steady partner... he's "really" a good hockey player, smart , fast, big, not a euro sissy... a lot to like in the small sample thus far.

that is how I feel... if they truly want to ice the best team VLC is not part of the equation.

Normally I would be against calling up Cousins to center the 4th line, but Hakstol is giving his fourth line almost 12 minutes a night. I think that's a good number to work him in at.

On the mason situation, he seems to be the goalie that is in good position to stop perimeter shots, but he's not good in close. That's why they still arent good in the shootouts (referring mostly to last season). That's why I have no confidence when Giroux goes in on a breakaway in OT, but when a guy that Ive never heard of on Buffalo goes in on a breakaway, I just assume its a goal.

The shooter has a much lower percentage of scoring than the goalie does making a save. Opposing goalies do what they should do...make the save, but Mason usually does not. You'd like to see your skill guys score on a breakaway, but there's more responsibility for the goalie to make the save than there is for the shooter to score.

Archived