Flyer 2016 trade options....

OccamsRazor

57 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Would anyone else here not blink if offered a LW (or a pick) for Laughton? 

That is hard to say just a left wing?? I'd need to know who and how much we're talking about to honestly answer....

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Well, Neal can certainly score goals, but I think it would make me sick to see him on the Flyers. Otherwise, yeah, not a good list.

Could you imagine, putting a Dick like that, into a flyers jersey  - make Gudas look like a choir boy with all the penalties. 

@jackhole You say that as if doing that would remove the dignity and integrity that the Flyers have..

Its not as if the Flyers themselves haven't done it before, they have had a multitude of dirtbag players over the course of their history. Hell, arguably the best Flyer of all time is considered to be one of the dirtiest players of all time.

Besides, what matters in the end is their effectiveness. Thats why all teams have their fair share of dickbags...

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is hard to say just a left wing?? I'd need to know who and how much we're talking about to honestly answer....

Yeah, that's fair.   I don't have a name to associate with the question, to be honest.  I was thinking along the line of the young scoring winger we all seem to covet.   But I don't know that Laughton even gets you that.    I know the kid is still very young, and he's been good in spurts, but I can't say I'm really impressed yet.   

I know.  Patience.

10 hours ago, jackhole said:

Could you imagine, putting a Dick like that, into a flyers jersey  - make Gudas look like a choir boy with all the penalties. 

Wouldn't it be bizarro world if Hartnell ended up in Pittsburgh and Neal ended up in Philly?

I really don't like Neal.  Talent yes.  But what a douche.

8 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

@jackhole You say that as if doing that would remove the dignity and integrity that the Flyers have..

Its not as if the Flyers themselves haven't done it before, they have had a multitude of dirtbag players over the course of their history. Hell, arguably the best Flyer of all time is considered to be one of the dirtiest players of all time.

Besides, what matters in the end is their effectiveness. Thats why all teams have their fair share of dickbags...

Nope, you got me wrong.  Merely imagining the record number of reputation calls a combo like that would create. 

30 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Wouldn't it be bizarro world if Hartnell ended up in Pittsburgh and Neal ended up in Philly?

Bizarro world I agree. I'm cringing at the very thought. Talent aside... I agree.... I just don't like Neal.

14 minutes ago, JJMason33 said:

So Elliot is on LTIR.  I think now would be a good time for the Flyers to move Nuevirth, Before Toronto gets a chance.  Nuevirth has played better and is cheaper.  I bet we could get a ransom for him to St. Louis.

Probably not. He's much more valuable to us than in a trade 

52 minutes ago, JJMason33 said:

I bet we could get a ransom for him to St. Louis.

agree with @RJ8812.....probably not.  Elliot, although a very good goalie, is not the only sheriff in town.  The Blues still have Allen who was their #1 prior to he himself getting hurt.  If you are thinking top prospects and or players for Neuvy.....it probably will not happen.

9 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

agree with @RJ8812.....probably not.  Elliot, although a very good goalie, is not the only sheriff in town.  The Blues still have Allen who was their #1 prior to he himself getting hurt.  If you are thinking top prospects and or players for Neuvy.....it probably will not happen.

I was thinking either a first or a combination of 2nds, judging by what Talbot was worth as a pending UFA and Nuevirth's play and cheap contract and extra year under contract.  I would think STL would want a solid back-up going into playoffs considering both goalies have had injury issues this season.

2 minutes ago, JJMason33 said:

I was thinking either a first or a combination of 2nds, judging by what Talbot was worth as a pending UFA and Nuevirth's play and cheap contract and extra year under contract.  I would think STL would want a solid back-up going into playoffs considering both goalies have had injury issues this season.

No they need him next year more than they need picks. If Stolarz was ready i'd be more inclined to move him. But if i were to move him it would have to be for Jordan Schmaltz

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=50291

or Ivan Barbashev (Flyers need more centers)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=108659

not for another pick they already have 10 this upcoming draft and 9 next year. I'd want a guy who is closer to playing.

If i'm moving Neuvy.

18 hours ago, briere48 said:
15 hours ago, briere48 said:

then keep complaining about why this team cant score goals, if you want to be cheap about everything, then that's what you are going to get because the draft is not going to solve it  :ermm:         and nothing is going to change until until you get a vet, it's the only way.

Where do you think teams get the players from? 

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No they need him next year more than they need picks. If Stolarz was ready i'd be more inclined to move him. But if i were to move him it would have to be for Jordan Schmaltz

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=50291

or Ivan Barbashev (Flyers need more centers)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=108659

not for another pick they already have 10 this upcoming draft and 9 next year. I'd want a guy who is closer to playing.

If i'm moving Neuvy.

Eh.  We needed him this year because Mason has had injury after injury.  Most unrelated so next year he will likely be able to carry most of the load (60 games).  We can just sign someone to take the other 22 games.  There is plenty of UFA back-up quality goalies.  If we can get 2 2nds or even a 2nd and 3rd for Nuevirth then sign someone like Raanta, Scrivens, or Stalock then why not do it?  2 seconds is huge.  Having 19 draft picks in the next 2 years is nice.  Having 21 is better.  And if I have it my way I would move Read, Streit, and a few other guys for 4-5 more draft picks..  Would not mind having 26 picks in the next 2 years.  You have to hit at least 4 gems in the later rounds with that many picks.

4 minutes ago, JJMason33 said:

Eh.  We needed him this year because Mason has had injury after injury.  Most unrelated so next year he will likely be able to carry most of the load (60 games).  We can just sign someone to take the other 22 games.  There is plenty of UFA back-up quality goalies.  If we can get 2 2nds or even a 2nd and 3rd for Nuevirth then sign someone like Raanta, Scrivens, or Stalock then why not do it?  2 seconds is huge.  Having 19 draft picks in the next 2 years is nice.  Having 21 is better.  And if I have it my way I would move Read, Streit, and a few other guys for 4-5 more draft picks..  Would not mind having 26 picks in the next 2 years.  You have to hit at least 4 gems in the later rounds with that many picks.

He couldn't stay healthy this so why would you think that would get better with age...besides they should have a better team and have playoff aspirations...so they will need Neuvy more next year than this year even if not more. Just doesn't make sense to get stability in net finally and then blow it up.

If it was a blockbuster no brainer type i would be more inclined to do that.

But then they would have to go find a backup for Mason because Stolarz isn't ready yet.

19 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Leier looks like he's going to be a very good bottom six 200 foot player who can maybe chip in offensively. Straka I can't say cause I haven't seen much of him. Fazleev falls into the same category as Leier I think. Aube-Kubel could be a top 6 guy, he's coming along pretty good. Laughton hasn't had a very good year. But I think he can be a good NHLer...I'd be patient with him.

Thanks for the info!

5 hours ago, ruxpin said:

But hold on Rux... nobody will want Hartnell's contract!!!  :BrownBag:

Archived