bigger faster

flyer4ever

I'm sitting bored and restless, reading and recovering from knee surgery and came up with these moves based on needs in the west. Do you think there is value and would the trading partners do these deals?

First, I would trade Giroux and Streit to St Louis for Shattenkirk, Bergland and Tyson Berry. Second, I would then move Shattenkirk to Edmonton with Read and Manning for Leon Draisaitel and Pouliot.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

I'm sitting bored and restless, reading and recovering from knee surgery and came up with these moves based on needs in the west. Do you think there is value and would the trading partners do these deals?

First, I would trade Giroux and Streit to St Louis for Shattenkirk, Bergland and Tyson Berry. Second, I would then move Shattenkirk to Edmonton with Read and Manning for Leon Draisaitel and Pouliot.

What do you think?

Ah no. Not sure whk Tyson Berry is but Tyson Barrie plays for the Avs so Blues must obtain him before they can trade him.

And no none of that is happening...ease up on the meds!!! Or not but stay away from the car!

1 hour ago, murraycraven said:

For fux sake can we stop the trade G talk...   he is an elite player and if the Flyers build around him they are in great shape.

Stop the craziness. ...  please

Whaddya talkin about!!??

As we speak, there is a deal in the works that will bring Giroux to the Minnesota Wild!

:devil:

1 hour ago, intheslot said:

Elite??

Elite players win Cups ...

Got any more of that drip ....

There is plenty of time for him to win a cup...   he is a heck of a player and every team on the NHL would kill to have him..

Just bc he has not won a cup does not mean he isn't a great player.   Not like he has much around him...

10 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

There is plenty of time for him to win a cup...   he is a heck of a player and every team on the NHL would kill to have him..

Just bc he has not won a cup does not mean he isn't a great player.   Not like he has much around him...

And having to expend so much energy back checking with this defensive corp is understandable...Flyers lack a defenseman who is actually good at defense...Gudas is ok but should be in the bottom half not top pair.

I guess once the kids arrive he'll be able to concentrate more on the offensive side...in a year or two.

1 hour ago, Poconono said:

The same people that insist on getting rid of Giroux are the same folks moaning now about the Lecavalier trade.

The only moaning I have about that move (VLC trade) is WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG TO MOVE HIM!?!

Speaking of bigger and faster....

What about trading for someone like Lawson Crouse from Florida?  Young, big, strong and fast.  Meets all the criteria.  Apparently grew up best friends with Konecny.  Have Konecny play center and Crouse on the wing, letting them grow and develop together, and hopefully have our second or third line in a year or two.   Couturier and Schenn could stay together too, play either second or third line?  Laughton centering 4th line?

What would it take to get him, especially trading with Florida at the Trade Deadline, this year, to give them a playoff push? 

Our 1st this year? (he was draft 11th last year). Our 1st and a 3rd? Our 1st and say, Read or Raffl? 

Just thinking out loud....

7 minutes ago, VanIsleFlyer said:

What would it take to get him, especially trading with Florida at the Trade Deadline

Hey Van

It would have to be significant I think. One of our D prospects (Sanheim) plus. Talon is going to stick to the plan. He doesn't even know what he has in Crouse yet, I'd have to think he wants to see what he has there: the next Chris Gratton or the next Jamie Benn. Which isn't to say he won't make moves to improve his team, I just don't think it would be giving up an asset like Crouse

It's a nice thought though, it would make a nice tandem

My thinking is that the Panthers are doing better than expected, sitting 2nd in the East behind only Washington.  They have quite a few young stars already playing, the Legend that is Jagr, Luongo who is playing well, and who knows if they can duplicate what they are doing this year, next year.

We have no one comparable to Crouse in the system and he is exactly what we are lacking.  

What about trading Streit, Read or Raffl and a lower pick?  I don't want to move Sanheim or Provorov, but I'd move pretty much move anyone on our current roster except our first line, Couturier, Schenn and Ghost.

At the deadline, Talon may move someone he really doesn't want to in order to take a shot at the Cup, and if I'm Hexy, I'm checking to see what he wants/needs and try to pry Crouse out of his hands!   

Hypothetically, what would you think it would take to get Crouse or what would you be willing to give up?

You want to give older players (Streit, Read) to Florida for Crouse, they want to win now. If the Flyers would give up the freaking hallucination they are having about making the playoffs, they could draft a big winger. Currently picking 7th I believe, top 5 would be great. There would have to be a trade from the heavens to give up prospects or picks, IMO.

6 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

You want to give older players (Streit, Read) to Florida for Crouse

I'd do that in heartbeat........but i'm afraid it will cost more than that to make it happen. Not sure how much but certainly more.

Archived