OK, I'll be that other guy

icehole

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

I think the reason some of us get annoyed with icehole, is because he employs the classic Troll tropes. Whether he intends to or not is another question I guess.

But it goes something like this:

- ICEHOLE: "Ok geniuses, tell me why Provorov is such hot stuff?!" 

- GENIUSES: "He's mature beyond his years, an elite skater, makes great decisions, sees the ice, blah, blah..."

-ICEHOLE: "I don't see any of that! He looks like crap! And you call yerself geniuses!!"

-GENIUSES: "In Junior hockey he...

-ICEHOLE: "Junior! LMFAO! Who cares what he did when he was 12! And you call yerself geniuses!! [insert several paragraphs of extraneous blather...]

-GENIUSES: "Are you a Troll or just stupid?"

-ICEHOLE: "Quit calling me names!"

Rinse and repeat.

that is exactly the reason!   Well done...   I dont have anything against @icehole honestly and I frequently think he is a pretty funny guy.   It is the "nature" in which he posts for a lack of better terms.  You nailed it though...

Regards, 

MC:  aka "F*!king Clown"

3 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

that is exactly the reason!   Well done...   I dont have anything against @icehole honestly and I frequently think he is a pretty funny guy.   It is the "nature" in which he posts for a lack of better terms.  You nailed it though...

Regards, 

MC:  aka "F*!king Clown"

We've been down this road before with him. It's a well-travelled road, lots of ruts. Mostly, it goes in a circle....

Guys, honestly I see essence of silly.com here which is disappointing.    Not pointing fingers but would prefer a little less drama from the collective group.

On the subject at hand, personally I've not been impressed with Prov's play.  However I can clearly see his great outlet passing, skating (when he doesn't toe-pick over the blue line lol) and all the things that should make him a great defensemen.  However in the current environment with injuries, his ice time, premature talks of calder cup consideration, I have this sinking feeling that I've seen this movie before and I don't like the ending. 

I am very willing to write the game off as a learning experience.  I have been wanting these types of games ever since before the VLC signing which was completely the wrong direction at the wrong time.  That move put the franchise back two or three years and the exact reason why 28 will be 2 or 3 years older than what he should be when the rest of his supporting cast peak.  However I can't help wonder if Hexy is second guessing his decision right now after the blunder last night.

Personally I like that Provorov is here.  I just hope he is not being rushed. 

Just my $.02.  Cheers.

37 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

If it's Ivan P we're talking about, that's not true. He's 19, so he can go back to Brandon. TK could also go back to the OHL.

Perhaps you need a drink? I know I do.

Yeah, bad choice of words on my part...meant to say WON'T...that's why I included the Hextall quotes...he has no desire/intent to send either one back. 

1 hour ago, icehole said:

OK.  I'm out.  Wonder why Philadelphia sports fans have a reputation for being morons...they can't read or cannot interpret text in front of them.

At no point was I trolling.  At no point was I bashing provorov as a 19 year old trying to make his mark in the NHL.  I'm not in the 25% that has no clue.  I'm in a different category of people that likes to get my facts straight before I criticize or praise a player.  Most Flyers fans dont do that.  Maybe you do know more than me, but that doesn't matter.  If the flyers tell you a player is a stud, to you he is a stud.  That player is bulletproof from any questioning because in your mind he is a stud.

All I was doing was asking what I should be looking for because I stayed out of all of the hype talk...I don't know what he is known for doing well.  I'm looking at provorov as a 19 year old high pick who is supposed to be the next star defenseman for the flyers.  I haven't seen any signs of that yet.

So I think provorov is a stud, hextall is a God, flyers will go 82-0 (I don't care what their record says so far...they will be 82-0), and couturier is the selke and Hart winner.  And you guys are awesome and unbiased.

To me it sounds like you want us to change your opinion when the issue is your vision.

Ivan had his rough moments i'll give you that last last but to say you don't see how well he skates or see how crisp and amazing his passes are...well i just don't know what to say to that.

It's like you see black and i see white...i don't how to sway that. So just let you have your opinion....

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

I think the reason some of us get annoyed with icehole, is because he employs the classic Troll tropes. Whether he intends to or not is another question I guess.

But it goes something like this:

- ICEHOLE: "Ok geniuses, tell me why Provorov is such hot stuff?!" 

- GENIUSES: "He's mature beyond his years, an elite skater, makes great decisions, sees the ice, blah, blah..."

-ICEHOLE: "I don't see any of that! He looks like crap! And you call yerself geniuses!!"

-GENIUSES: "In Junior hockey he...

-ICEHOLE: "Junior! LMFAO! Who cares what he did when he was 12! And you call yerself geniuses!! [insert several paragraphs of extraneous blather...]

-GENIUSES: "Are you a Troll or just stupid?"

-ICEHOLE: "Quit calling me names!"

Rinse and repeat.

Nah dont see @Icehole as a troll and I dont think he intends to troll when he comments.  I always saw him as a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and reacts in frustration with the first thing that comes to his mind when the Flyers screw up.  His style may rub people the wrong way but in the end I just see him as as another Flyers fan who gets frustrated with them and comes here to vent / opine.      

Just now, Poulin20 said:

Nah dont see @Icehole as a troll and I dont think he intends to troll when he comments.  I always saw him as a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and reacts in frustration with the first thing that comes to his mind when the Flyers screw up.  His style may rub people the wrong way but in the end I just see him as as another Flyers fan who gets frustrated with them and comes here to vent / opine.      

LOL, you sound like a polite Canadian...

13 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

What's that aboot, eh?

The other day, I was coming out of the bank and sort of bumped into a woman on her way in. Just a a minor thing. She and I both, at the exact same time: "sorry, sorry." Honestly, I say sorry like that all the time and not just to Mrs Podein25.

28 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

The other day, I was coming out of the bank and sort of bumped into a woman on her way in. Just a a minor thing. She and I both, at the exact same time: "sorry, sorry." Honestly, I say sorry like that all the time and not just to Mrs Podein25.

It's a thing up here.

• hf101 locked this topic

Statistically speaking, Provorov had a rough night, but my God... Look at his comp: the top guys he matched up against were Seabrook, Kane, Kempny, Panarin, Anisimov. He was on the for 7 High Danger Chances Against, with 5 going in for goals. McDonald, however, was on for 9, but the goalies stopped 7. Ghost was on for 8, with the goalies also stopping 7 of the shots. Provorov had the fewest Offensive Zone Starts on the Philly blueline, so it's not as if he had received the easiest minutes available. Hell, Ghost had 6 times more OZS than Provorov and only gave up 1 less High Danger Chance...

Anybody who's worked up should step back from the edge of the cliff. After 3 games, he's positive in possession numbers, and even with the rough game last night, he's at 48% in High Danger. So far, so good for Provorov, imo. Development doesn't happen in a straight line, and there will be nights where he looks great, and there will be night where he'll be lit up like a pinball machine.

Archived