MacDud hits 40 Games Played!

flyerrod

Ok, he finally has hit the magic number. Aside from his salary cap hit, what is keeping him playing with the big club? He tried single handedly at least twice against the Islanders to give them the game. He still backs into the zone challenging no one and all too frequently makes a bonehead pass at the worst possible time. I don't care if he is not going anywhere as long as he is not on the ice. His play has earned him a spot as the RJU popcorn boy along side Dale Weise watching from above.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I'm guessing Mcdud is a nickname for McDonald? Maybe it's to fill a spot till the team gets better thru the draft!? (I like the way things are going are going in Flyers land!)

Very insightful and intelligent post their dude.  Typical coming from a Pissburg fan whos second favorite team is the Hurricanes lol.

6 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Ok, he finally has hit the magic number. Aside from his salary cap hit, what is keeping him playing with the big club? He tried single handedly at least twice against the Islanders to give them the game. He still backs into the zone challenging no one and all too frequently makes a bonehead pass at the worst possible time. I don't care if he is not going anywhere as long as he is not on the ice. His play has earned him a spot as the RJU popcorn boy along side Dale Weise watching from above.

I'm going to drink till he is off the team....

Image result for dave hakstol gif

I'm assuming most flyers fans have seen Hextall's comments from this past weekend?  If not, he basically said he's not calling anyone up from the Phantoms. He also said it's up to the guys in the room to figure it out and make it work. 

Yes-I get they can waive Macdonald and not have to call anyone up, but I honestly think he's not going anywhere.  I don't like it anymore than the rest of you. But that's my gut instinct based on what Hextall said. 

7 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

I'm assuming most flyers fans have seen Hextall's comments from this past weekend?  If not, he basically said he's not calling anyone up from the Phantoms. He also said it's up to the guys in the room to figure it out and make it work. 

Yes-I get they can waive Macdonald and not have to call anyone up, but I honestly think he's not going anywhere.  I don't like it anymore than the rest of you. But that's my gut instinct based on what Hextall said. 

EDPDaFaq

McDonald is not the worst D-man who's ever played the game. He happens to be the most overpaid player on the Flyers' roster but his game isn't total crap. He is what he is, a serviceable 2nd or 3rd pair guy who doesn't do anything particularly well.

23 minutes ago, canoli said:

McDonald is not the worst D-man who's ever played the game. He happens to be the most overpaid player on the Flyers' roster but his game isn't total crap. He is what he is, a serviceable 2nd or 3rd pair guy who doesn't do anything particularly well.

Regardless i want him gone. Period.

Don't care where he goes i don't want to see him in Flyer uni anymore.

Buh bye!

I know. Just don't expect waiving McDonald to improve the Flyers. Shedding his salary OTOH would help immensely but who's going to take an underwhelming 30-year old 2nd/3rd pair guy for $5mil/year who's signed thru 2019-20? Nobody and no one is my guess.

Then again I thought Pronger and VLC had immovable contracts too .... maybe there's hope. :)

TO has a few like MacDonald and they're either in the minors or banished from the team. For instance rather than have Michalek playing TO has sent him to the Marlies and used a rookie to replace him, it's still the same cap hit with the rookie replacing him and the rookie replacing him might not even be as good as him. TO is looking to the future with this rather than playing someone that has no future with the Leafs.

Philly is in a different state than TO, more of a win now state of mind so I think it can only be assumed Philly is dressing the best players it has, to win now. Philly has some good potential in the minors but it looks like that potential is just that, at this point.

MacDonald 12 points in 40 games, -4 so on the surface with 19:49 ATOI it appears the coaches aren't as disappointed as the fans with him. 

10 hours ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

If anyone thinks bringing young developing rookies into this mess right now is a good idea...I don't know what to say. 

Those guys are building a winning attitide...let them continue.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

If anyone thinks bringing young developing rookies into this mess right now is a good idea...I don't know what to say

Too late for that right Ivan and TK are part of this mess as we speak. What is the difference?

22 hours ago, Philly29 said:

Very insightful and intelligent post their dude.  Typical coming from a Pissburg fan whos second favorite team is the Hurricanes lol.

Thanks I thought it was fairly insightful! Now go back to your chickens! Lol!

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

If anyone thinks bringing young developing rookies into this mess right now is a good idea...I don't know what to say. 

I guessing every team has there down years! I'm expecting the Pens turn will be in the next 5 or 6 years! I'm hoping that it doesn't come  that soon!

1 hour ago, notfondajane said:

I guessing every team has there down years! I'm expecting the Pens turn will be in the next 5 or 6 years! I'm hoping that it doesn't come  that soon!

And when that day comes, I am sure Bettman will award them the 1st over all pick to help ease the pain. 

:haha:

On a side note, I cannot believe that Crosby is only 29. It feels like he's been in the league for ages. 

10 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I am not saying bring in anyone, I am just a fan of addition by subtraction in removing MacDud from the ice. I would prefer Manning or Schulz over him......Hell I would prefer Chris "Bundy" Therien or a pylon(same/same) over MacDud. You can watch him make a couple of good plays and then just total brain fart maneuvers that are a complete WTF. Mason/Neuvirth are bad enough without having odd man rushes from piss poor plays by the same guy time and again.

I'm honestly a bit surprised. Hextall has said a few times he hates carrying 8 D. Now they don't have to. Unless he's waiting for MDZ to be fully healthy (report was he was "banged up" prior to last game)?

1 hour ago, flyerrod said:

I am not saying bring in anyone, I am just a fan of addition by subtraction in removing MacDud from the ice. I would prefer Manning or Schulz over him......Hell I would prefer Chris "Bundy" Therien or a pylon(same/same) over MacDud. You can watch him make a couple of good plays and then just total brain fart maneuvers that are a complete WTF. Mason/Neuvirth are bad enough without having odd man rushes from piss poor plays by the same guy time and again.

Ya, there's a few guys on the backend that could just disappear IMO...I just don't want either of Sanheim/Morin to be brought up into this stinkfest.

Archived