Game 56 Sharks at Flyers 02/11/17 1 pm

Howie58

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I will stick with my Sominex theme. Watching the Flyers these days makes me sleepy. I fell asleep during the first.  This is a little better but not much. We are disciplined but so boring.  

I was going to jump in here and ask if anyone else is really disinterested in this game.  I feel like the game has gone by and I have no idea what happened. 

Am I just bitter right now, or does the flyers "effort" mean absolutely nothing to anyone else?  I don't care if they're out shooting 100-1.  They're absolutely boring and dreadful to watch.  The shots are weak and they never get any real chances.  I actually hear the crowd get interested anytime a flyer gets into open ice.  I heard them get loud so I looked up, and they were on a 1 on 3!  That's where we're at.

A few years back under Berube, they couldn't get the puck out of their own zone.  We are passed that point. But....the movement to get pucks with high probability shots is BS.  They also take too long to get shots off. They go for a blast when a quick wrister would probably be more effective.  

This is the new model for winning. We play a defensive shell woth forecheck. It is boring but may be our only way to win.

Weal earned his keep. Neuvy be our goalie down the stretch.  Weise.....

3 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Wow.  I was wrong. We broke a six game losing streak against San Jose.  Murraycraven---you should be proud...first win against SJ at home since 2000!  

This was a low scoring game but it was a great example of what it takes to win. Everyone keeps their skates moving and playing hard till the end to go with great goaltending.

Simmer had Brun's number is this game.

Flyers also got help Isles and Canes lost.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

:cheers:

kidcelly.gif

This was in my section today after the first goal..these kids were sitting directly behind me and my brother...sorry to sound like a curmudgeon but they were so annoying...

If this clip would not have been edited and allowed to continue you would see a brief but amazing shot of the back of my head and my brother's ear! 

10 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

This was in my section today after the first goal..these kids were sitting directly behind me and my brother...sorry to sound like a curmudgeon but they were so annoying...

LOL..."Other people's children" is what I usually say for situations like this.

10 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

If this clip would not have been edited and allowed to continue you would see a brief but amazing shot of the back of my head and my brother's ear! 

LOL, interesting row- was that their father wearing a purse?

this thread is so funny - it's like The Story Of Negadelphia in one easy lesson.

before the game - they suck, they're sure to lose, the lines are ridiculous etc.

during the game - god do they suck, can't shoot, can't pass, nobody's moving their feet etc.

after the win - yah! way to go Flyers! Awesome game, Simmonds for Captain! Now let's hope they lose the rest of the way so we get a high pick.

Funny stuff!

Archived