Gameday: 3/28/17 Vs. Sens

AJgoal

Not sure what I'm hoping for other than a competitive game, as this is my first game at the Center in a couple years.

Projected lineups (Subject to change)

FLYERS

24 Matt Read - 28 Claude Giroux - 93 Jakub Voracek
40 Jordan Weal - 51 Valterri Filppula - 17 Wayne Simmonds
22 Dale Weise - 14 Sean Couturier - 10 Brayden Schenn
76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 Pierre-Édouard Bellemare - 11 Travis Konecny

9 Ivan Provorov - 47 Andrew MacDonald
23 Brandon Manning - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
55 Nick Schultz - 3 Radko Gudas

35 Steve Mason
[30 Michal Neuvirth]

Scratches: Nick Schultz (healthy), Roman Lyubimov (healthy), Michael Raffl (IR, lower body), Nick Cousins (upper body).

SENATORS

15 Zack Smith - 7 Kyle Turris - 9 Bobby Ryan
14 Alexandre Burrows - 19 Derick Brassard - 61 Mark Stone
68 Mike Hoffman - 44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau - 10 Tom Pyatt
18 Ryan Dzingel - 22 Chris Kelly - 57 Tommy Wingels

33 Fredrik Claesson - 65 Erik Karlsson
2 Dion Phaneuf - 5 Cody Ceci
74 Mark Borowiecki - 6 Chris Wideman

41 Craig Anderson
[1 Mike Condon]

Scratches: Jyrki Jokipakka (healthy), Chris DiDomenico (healthy), Viktor Stålberg (upper body), Marc Methot (finger laceration), Chris Neil (IR, broken finger), Clarke MacArthur (LTIR, post-concussion syndrome).

Unbelievable.  The Flyers have completely dominated this game.  They are faster to the loose pucks and have spent the majority of the game in the offensive zone.  The only thing they aren't doing is scoring goals.  And the Sens come down and spend 10 seconds in their offensive zone and score.

Weal scores in SO, nets number 1 star.  Maybe the Vinnie Dump is looking better over time.  The kid moves and has some offensive talent.  We should thank Andy and the Goalpost for their assistance in the Flyers win.  Three straight games with a good compete level and hard work.  Agreed with Occam and the Sens announcers on the Center Ice feed--LA and the O and B will not make playoffs due to dropoff of their top scorers and talent....

Can this team stop winning please?

Anyone catch Ghost's post-game interview?  Said he's been having fun doing his thing out there and his teammates have been supportive.  Wonder if that's a veiled shot at the coaching staff?  

19 minutes ago, vis said:

Can this team stop winning please?

I, for one, am just exhausted by all the winning. Really sick and tired of all the winning. 

I was warned by the orange man with the small hands that this would happen, but I'm really unprepared for it. 

I'm off to bed.

8 hours ago, vis said:

Wonder if that's a veiled shot at the coaching staff?  

No he just hasn't had the confidence with the puck. In same interview he said that. Maybe you missed he is skating like he isn't thinking so much now. Instincts. Muscle memory it is what you need to get by. Thinking is for practice.

He is doing less of it. Giroux at times looks like he is doing less of it. Then come shootout time he OVER thinks it.

Jake i'm not sure what the f**k is going on with him and his fighting the puck. He just fumbles the damn thing so much like someone chopped off his thumbs. Mind boggling. Maybe he is still thinking to much.

It reminds me of a WR who is thinking about what he is going to do with the football after he catches it before he catches it and drops the damn thing. My best analogy off the top of my head. Regardless Jake has done it ALL year.

6 hours ago, radoran said:

Good thing Cousins got injured or Weal would still be in Lehigh Valley...

#talentevaluation

As of right now would it be safe to say the kid has earned a "protected spot" among the team for the expansion???

9 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Flyers win it in the SO.  Pretty entertaining game.

Flyers have won 7 games in the SO this year and are 2nd in the NHL in SO wins.

Never thought I'd hear anybody say that the FLYERS are 2nd in the league in SO wins.  Now if we can just get the rest of our game back........

And the Flyers keystone Kop blueline gave the Sens a point basically...

mdzmanning.gif

And turnover machine Mcdud tried his best to give it away...

amac-turnover.gif

This guy can  not be dress next year if they want anyone to believe they are shooting for the playoffs next year!!!

10 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

And finally the Flyers capitalize on an Anderson mistake.  Weal ties it up.

That was plain embarrassing. Anderson has performed reasonably, but he's just had a few screw ups that really makes me wonder what's going on. This one was the most egregious, but the past five or so games he has played he seems to be in a bit of a funk.

Archived