Eastern Conference Semi Finals: #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins

pilldoc

Eastern Conference Semi Finals: #1 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Pittsburgh Penguins  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Capitals sweep 4-0
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Penguins sweep 4=0
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

4 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Ouch! I have the same feeling about the Steelers, which goes back to the immaculate deception!!:VeryCool:

Mine basically boils down to the way I have been treated because I DARE to not love, adore and worship them because they are "my regional team". 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

In case anyone cares... I saw this on FB while I was at lunch....

Today is .....

https://www.cute-calendar.com/event/world-penguin-day/20951.html

World Penguin Day is celebrated on April 25, 2017

World-Penguin-Day-2013-v2.jpg

To all our Pens fans on here ...Enjoy!

Interesting article! Thanks for posting.

4 hours ago, pilldoc said:

In case anyone cares... I saw this on FB while I was at lunch....

Today is .....

https://www.cute-calendar.com/event/world-penguin-day/20951.html

World Penguin Day is celebrated on April 25, 2017

World-Penguin-Day-2013-v2.jpg

To all our Pens fans on here ...Enjoy!

Awesome!

And in honor of that, here is a cool video of penguins diving.... :ph34r:

10 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Lol. So little change. 

The boyfriend isn't even a hockey fan. He did it to pest with me. 

Largely because he's been a Falcons fan since he was little and in the lead up to the Super Bowl, I got my daughter a Tom Brady jersey just to screw with him. 

I felt bad during the Super Bowl, though. He was at our house for our Super Bowl party and while the collapse was going on he just sank further and further into his seat. He really is a good guy, so it was painful to watch. It was worse because I was ragging on him while things were going well for Atlanta and even at the early stages of the comeback. I realized fairly early that it wasn't going to go well and stopped, but damage done. Lol

I'm a Carolina Panthers fan! I had mixed feelings about that game because I usually root for the NFL! I was glad to Atlanta lose! I also didn't want the Patroitsto win!

It was a frustrating game for me!

20 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I'm going to go with this going 7 games and the Penguins winning it.  

-for the record, I haven't been right much thus far in these playoffs.

There's always a first-time! 

I hope Fleury doesn't put his head up his arse like he usually does! 

On 4/24/2017 at 4:48 PM, ruxpin said:

My daughter's boyfriend--otherwise a really nice guy - - bought my daughter a Penguins home jersey. 

I'm still a couple of years away from this, but I feel as though for tween girl mojo, rooting for the Pens would be a deal breaker as in "no way will i go the movies with Austin, he likes them "  As a little girl she would say she loved Penguin as long as they weren't from Pittsburgh.  She was like 5, I love her. 

I hope that at least one of the Rangers or Penguins loses in this round. 

It hurts my soul to root for sink-hole to swallow either MSG or Consol energy center when they're playing.

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm still a couple of years away from this, but I feel as though for tween girl mojo, rooting for the Pens would be a deal breaker as in "no way will i go the movies with Austin, he likes them "  As a little girl she would say she loved Penguin as long as they weren't from Pittsburgh.  She was like 5, I love her. 

Just wait. There was a time that I would have said exactly the same thing. 

Caps in 7 tough games, the edge goes to the Caps based off of injuries, they may be without Alzner and otherwise only a little nicked up, injuries finally catch up to the Penguins and send them home early. I picked Ducks and Caps a long time ago and nothing has changed my mind.

After watching Game 1, I'm changing my pick to Pens in 6. I saw the Caps really bothered by the quick vertical passing, and speed game of the Pens. Unless Holtby plays like Patrick Roy and steals 2 games for them, history will repeat itself. Plus I hope my picking them  puts a curse on Crosby and his team.

22 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

After watching Game 1, I'm changing my pick to Pens in 6. I saw the Caps really bothered by the quick vertical passing, and speed game of the Pens. Unless Holtby plays like Patrick Roy and steals 2 games for them, history will repeat itself. Plus I hope my picking them  puts a curse on Crosby and his team.

Bonino's game winning goal really showed how far down the chain Orpik has gone.  And that was Bonino that beat him down ice.  And he's still under contract for two more years. 

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Ugh this series is like watching Herpes vs Gonorrhea (take your pick which one is which).  The big difference is that the Caps are regular season champs who pile up points vs crap teams and are huge chokers in the playoffs when they are put under pressure by good teams.  Like the Flyers couldn't beat the Devils in the 90s/early 2000s  I dont think the Caps can beat the Pens in the playoffs during this generation.  Hate to say it but Pens in 6. 

I think the Pens stole one. The first 20 minutes was your textbook "feeling each other out" Game 1 first period. I think at about the 10 minute mark the Pens were "outshooting" the Caps.....3-1.  Crosby get two quick goals before the Caps even know the 2nd period has started. The Pens played their game for maybe another 10 minutes and then went into the dreaded "play-not-to-lose-mode" in the late 2nd and nearly all of the 3rd. Almost cost them. I haven't seen a puck possession stat but I wouldn't be shocked if it was 2:1 in favor of the Caps in the 3rd.

The biggest thing going to the Pens is now the pressure is exponentially greater on the Caps to win Game 2 (see my prior post about ALL the pressure on the Caps going into the series).

I know one guy who was happy last night...

20160615rldPensParade16.jpg

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

Bonino's game winning goal really showed how far down the chain Orpik has gone.  And that was Bonino that beat him down ice.  And he's still under contract for two more years. 

Down the chain? I think it's more he's "down the drain".

18 minutes ago, B21 said:

I think the Pens stole one. The first 20 minutes was your textbook "feeling each other out" Game 1 first period. I think at about the 10 minute mark the Pens were "outshooting" the Caps.....3-1.  Crosby get two quick goals before the Caps even know the 2nd period has started. The Pens played their game for maybe another 10 minutes and then went into the dreaded "play-not-to-lose-mode" in the late 2nd and nearly all of the 3rd. Almost cost them. I haven't seen a puck possession stat but I wouldn't be shocked if it was 2:1 in favor of the Caps in the 3rd.

The biggest thing going to the Pens is now the pressure is exponentially greater on the Caps to win Game 2 (see my prior post about ALL the pressure on the Caps going into the series).

I know one guy who was happy last night...

20160615rldPensParade16.jpg

Would make an interesting ring tone.   It is quite the interesting story of how that call came to be.    Here's his interview:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/meet-harnarayan-singh-the-voice-behind-those-amazing-punjabi-stanley-cup-calls.html

I think the Caps hitting game may help them in this series provided they can score enough goals to win a few games to extend the series to where attrition matters. 

Other than Bonino and Cole who on this version of the Pens brings the lumber ?  I think my boyfriend Chris Kunitz is at the end of his time being an effective player, I know he dressed last night but I hardly heard his name called. 

The rest of these guys (Pens) are little, and hit-able. I know Wilson blew up Hainsey and Pouliot a couple of times, I saw Carlson and Malkin make epic contact. The caps 4th line (Beagle and Connely) was wearing out Cullen's line. 

This could all be academic if the Caps don't score goals, a repeat of the first round vs, the CBJ series where the Jackets physical game was neutralized by losing. 

We'll see, that game was pretty entertaining, for that reason alone I hope it goes the distance...and then there's an earthquake that swallows the Verizon center after the 3rd OT of game 7

8 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I think the Caps hitting game may help them in this series provided they can score enough goals to win a few games to extend the series to where attrition matters. 

Other than Bonino and Cole who on this version of the Pens brings the lumber ?  I think my boyfriend Chris Kunitz is at the end of his time being an effective player, I know he dressed last night but I hardly heard his name called. 

The rest of these guys (Pens) are little, and hit-able. I know Wilson blew up Hainsey and Pouliot a couple of times, I saw Carlson and Malkin make epic contact. The caps 4th line (Beagle and Connely) was wearing out Cullen's line. 

This could all be academic if the Caps don't score goals, a repeat of the first round vs, the CBJ series where the Jackets physical game was neutralized by losing. 

We'll see, that game was pretty entertaining, for that reason alone I hope it goes the distance...and then there's an earthquake that swallows the Verizon center after the 3rd OT of game 7

This was the basic formula teams attempted during last years cup run also.   Everyone wanted to play physical against the Pens and vowed to wear them down.  Not saying that it can't happen, but that formula hasn't worked so far. 

Archived