Game 10: Flyers @ Sens, 10/26/17

Howie58

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

We can't buy a close call tonight.  

Yes, and good teams get those calls. The Flyers are not a good team. In addition, once again, they are a rudderless ship.

>> OMG, V scored.   He must have closed his eyes there for a sec.  ( maybe he was trying to pass.... yea, that's it )

When you have two people on a line that value an assist over a goal, you'll never do as well as just one passer.  V and G both look to pass first and only shoot as a last resort... ( if that ).

Sorry didn't see any of the controversial goal in question. 

I'll have to check when i get home.

But Flyers getting screwed is not a shocker to me.

This is a perfect example of why Neuvy has never been a starter.

Here was his chance to put Elliot in the rearview for a while with a good performance.

What do he do emulate his X partner and crumbles letting in 5 goals on 28 shots and a purdee 821% to tie it up in a bow for the Sens.

I saw too many guys not knowing where they should be on the ice, losing their assignments (especially defensively, maybe a sign of youth to a degree) and a goalie not having a good night to say the least. NOT a recipe for success.

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

I only watched a chunk of the third but what i saw looked sloppy.  You won't win too many games going down 3-0 and having a goalie with sub-.900 save percentage.

Howie

Wow.

Flyers got screwed on the call with Anderson's glove over the line with thw puck in it clear as day.

Just saw it.

Wow. Speechless

This comment per Bill M.

The sequence was viewed on replay and then deemed non-reviewable because the referee had already lost sight of the puck and had decided play was dead, although he had not yet blown the whistle. Two major problems with this explanation: 1) it was the wrong call in the first place because the puck wasn't covered and 2) the "intent to blow the whistle" iron-clad status was removed a couple years ago to be retractable if a replay shows a "good hockey" goal 

Thanks Toronto!

Unreal robbed of at least a point.

:rage:

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

I saw too many guys not knowing where they should be on the ice, losing their assignments (especially defensively, maybe a sign of youth to a degree) and a goalie not having a good night to say the least. NOT a recipe for success.

Well i said after the preseason Sanheim needed to work on his defensive game and his offense was good.

And from Bill's comments he struggled.

So let's see what Sam can do.

Might not have to sit him if Gudas is suspended. Guess we'll see.

If you thought the refs screwed the Flyers last night, just wait until they play the Leafs. While the Leafs have played pretty wall so far, it's unbelievable how many ticky-tacky calls the Leafs get but don't get called for.

1 hour ago, RJ8812 said:

If you thought the refs screwed the Flyers last night, just wait until they play the Leafs. While the Leafs have played pretty wall so far, it's unbelievable how many ticky-tacky calls the Leafs get but don't get called for.

Worse than this...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

...i can hardly wait!!!!

I thought Neuwirth was terrible last night.  

I'm ready for Lehetra to resume his role in the pressbox, with him and Read in the lineup there's a lot of meh on the ice.

The first line looks good.

The second line with Weal looks good too.

Despite all the bad thing that happened, the Flyers managed to put 6 pucks behind Anderson, that only 4 of them counted sucks.

The Gudas hit was not as bad in real time. I don't know if I think it was a bad hit perse. 

The team will play unevenly for a while, especially with the D pairs being juggled.  Provorov is playing on his off side, he's not the guy from 10 days ago because he's playing with a different guy on the opposite side from what he's been used to. Shocker that at 20 or whatever he's not lockdown right off that bat with all that change. 

Down 3-0 the Flyers kept skating and managed to make it a game.

I am still entertained. 

When they look like a monkey ****** a football for 6 games in a row, maybe  I'll start to worry.

82 games there's going to be some rough patches. 

@Leach27

Anaheim is a good team, perennially they are among the favorites to win the West, and they managed to have a bad night and get smoked.  These are humans playing a physical game then travelling over 1000 miles and playing another one.  It happens, It isn't X-box. 

10 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

When they look like a monkey ****** a football for 6 games in a row, maybe  I'll start to worry.

At the very best this is a bubble playoff Team.  I still think in the end they are on the outside looking in b/c of the goal-tending.  Both goalies are not going to carry this Team into the playoffs.  The are a Team on the rise and still have a while to go so I expect them to be up and down all season.  

There is no use in getting upset over this Team.  They simply are in the infancy of becoming a contender.  

15 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I thought Neuwirth was terrible last night.  

I'm ready for Lehetra to resume his role in the pressbox, with him and Read in the lineup there's a lot of meh on the ice.

The first line looks good.

The second line with Weal looks good too.

Despite all the bad thing that happened, the Flyers managed to put 6 pucks behind Anderson, that only 4 of them counted sucks.

The Gudas hit was not as bad in real time. I don't know if I think it was a bad hit perse. 

The team will play unevenly for a while, especially with the D pairs being juggled.  Provorov is playing on his off side, he's not the guy from 10 days ago because he's playing with a different guy on the opposite side from what he's been used to. Shocker that at 20 or whatever he's not lockdown right off that bat with all that change. 

Down 3-0 the Flyers kept skating and managed to make it a game.

I am still entertained. 

@Leach27

Anaheim is a good team, perennially they are among the favorites to win the West, and they managed to have a bad night and get smoked.  These are humans playing a physical game then travelling over 1000 miles and playing another one.  It happens, It isn't X-box. 

great point!! Excuse me while I add that to "the wheel of excuses".

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Worse than this...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

...i can hardly wait!!!!

I was screaming at the TV on all three of these plays.   The NHL needs to discipline those referees. They effected the outcome of the game with their ridiculous calls.

7 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I was screaming at the TV on all three of these plays.   The NHL needs to discipline those referees. They effected the outcome of the game with their ridiculous calls.

I cant agree more with this post!!  I didn't see the leaf game, but ppl at work saying the refs decided the game last night. Anyone know what happened

Agreed that refereeing was strange.  That said, falling behind 3-0 is tough. 

Mojo echoes what I felt weeks ago--the team we see prior to Black Friday will probably be different from it successor.  We need to get lines sorted out.  And we may even see another goalie in the mix.  I view our games against Ottawa as "benchmark."  They are fast and well-coached.  Fifteen years ago we had slug fests with them.  Now we have to match them with skill.  

Looking at the standings may be premature but it tells me we are "mediocre."  The O and B is probably a marginal playoff squad. I hope next year we take away marginal.

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

this is a dumb rule that needs rerwritten.

According to the rulebook the call was correct, but Anderson games the system here and that's bullshit.

Having that point pulled off the sheet and the terrible goal from 61 (i mean, good shot and move but geez it was their first shot of the period) that followed was super demoralizing...to the Flyers credit they didn't pack it in though, down 5-2 early in the year when those breaks aren't going you're way it would have been easy to take their sticks for a skate for the last 9:30 or so but they didn't, I like the compete-level from this group so far.

I missed most of the game but if you told me this summer the Flyers would be .500 at this point, I would have been thrilled. 

There's gonna be ups and downs.  Stick with the plan and expect the cycles.  

Archived