Game 66: Flyers at Panthers, 3/4/18 @ 3 PM

Howie58

Greetings:

For the second game in a row, the bookies are "undecided" on a favorite.

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-florida-odds-march-4-2018-869784

The Flyers are 1-4 in their latest visits to Sunrise while the Panthers are on a five game winning streak.  

https://sportschatplace.com/nhl-picks/2018/03/04/florida-panthers-vs-philadelphia-flyers-3/4/18-nhl-pick-odds-and-prediction

It looks like Luongo is between the pipes for Florida and Mrazek is being given an opportunity to redeem himself after today's effort.  We used to own the Panthers, but of late they give us fits, particularly in Sunrise.  I will be there--first Panthers game in three years.  If past is prologue, there will be plenty of Flyers fans around.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss the late 90s games vs. the Panthers where you knew it was going to be a physical, rock'em-sock'em contest...perhaps one or two scraps between Sandy McCarthy and Peter Worrell alone...lots of fun to watch.

14 hours ago, Howie58 said:

It looks like Luongo is between the pipes for Florida and Mrazek is being given an opportunity to redeem himself after today's effort.  We used to own the Panthers, but of late they give us fits, particularly in Sunrise.  I will be there--first Panthers game in three years.  If past is prologue, there will be plenty of Flyers fans around.

Enjoy the game Howie. Do they serve Merlot at the game? If so, have one for me.

Just now, brelic said:

Man, I’m so tired of clean hits leading to automatic fights. Wtf happened to hockey?

Respond with a clean hit of your own. 

I don't understand why Gudas doesn't just skate away from that. Let McCann chase you around and take a stupid penalty.

Florida is fast. If anything, it gives our young guys a taste of playoff-ish hockey. It’s all gravy this year.

The future is bright for this organization. There’s a bunch of holes that need fixin’, and that will come with time. PK is first and foremost.

And defense. 

That it, I’m tapping out early. Not going to waste my Sunday watching another uninspired effort. 

Hak should have started Lyon today to give Mzarek a rest before next week. Flyers May have also been more focused trying to support Lyon.

Already seen 3 turnovers from Jake! His refusal to EVER SHOOT the puck made that 4 on 3  into a 3 on 3. 

This is Jake....   I have come to the point you have to accept the good with the bad.  He gets in these types of streaks where he is a frustrating player to watch.   And the Team overall suffers as a result...   

57 minutes ago, Samifan said:

That it, I’m tapping out early. Not going to waste my Sunday watching another uninspired effort. 

Hak should have started Lyon today to give Mzarek a rest before next week. Flyers May have also been more focused trying to support Lyon.

Already seen 3 turnovers from Jake! His refusal to EVER SHOOT the puck made that 4 on 3  into a 3 on 3. 

Can we call Detroit and say we kept the receipt and we want our draft pick back??? 

Man talk about over playing the puck and getting out of position....i see what @yave1964 was saying now.

I see why they sent him packing...weak goals have arrived in bunches.

I must say it is nice to NOT see Mcdud out there.

Now next let's get Travis ou there in Mannings spotto complete it.

Wow as i type this Mrazek gives up ANOTHER weak ass goal. Sit this clown and put Lyon in all you have to do is shoot high on this guy.

Glove side or blocker it don't matter he will be down early and he will whiff........let this guy walk....i would go with Stolie next year and Elliott....Neuvy ust be grinning somewhere.

Damn you @yave1964 damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rage:

It’s hard to blame Mrazek. He should have probably had the second goal, but again, our PK failed us, and turnovers are killing us. Florida is much faster than the Flyers and they want this game more. They’ve got hunger in their game. 

6 minutes ago, brelic said:

It’s hard to blame Mrazek.

WTF ever dude he has look like straight hot garbage....a few last game and continued where he left off this game.

You want to give him a by then by all means do but he goes down early and can't stop sh it....has made zero difficult saves last two games.

Straight garbage and was garbage is the shootout too. Ron got hosed....good job Red Wings....there is a reason they gave him up and i see why now. I pass on this guy.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

WTF ever dude he has look like straight hot garbage....a few last game and continued where he left off this game.

You want to give him a by then by all means do but he goes down early and can't stop sh it....has made zero difficult saves last two games.

Straight garbage and was garbage is the shootout too. Ron got hosed....good job Red Wings....there is a reason they gave him up and i see why now. I pass on this guy.

Lol why you hef to be med?

Just now, brelic said:

Lol why you hef to be med?

Because i' tired of shoddy goaltending....for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time now.

Detroit got us....fine egg on our face they tried...but i would pass on this guy. Damn another one sweet.

I'm done...4-0!

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Because i' tired of shoddy goaltending....for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time now.

Detroit got us....fine egg on our face they tried...but i would pass on this guy. Damn another one sweet.

I'm done...4-0!

Lol ok. You see what you want to see I guess. Never mind about 8-9 odd man rushes, including three goals on breakaways. It’s a complete team breakdown against a hungry and fast Florida team. Yes, a breakaway save would help, but I think the blame is misdirected. No matter.

They made us look foolish today. We’ve done the same to other teams, good ones too. 

Just a poor game all around today. 

1 minute ago, brelic said:

Lol ok. You see what you want to see I guess. Never mind about 8-9 odd man rushes, including three goals on breakaways. It’s a complete team breakdown against a hungry and fast Florida team. Yes, a breakaway save would help, but I think the blame is misdirected. No matter.

They made us look foolish today. We’ve done the same to other teams, good ones too. 

Just a poor game all around today. 

Could not agree more.   The team in front of the goal has been horrendous.   Nevermind the multiple breakaways and incredible scoring chances off the odd man rushes we are giving up...   

Nutral zone and offensive turnovers galore today along w horrendous defenive coverage.... 

Archived