Game 30: Flyers at Oilers: 14/14/18 @ 9

Howie58

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

They all want to make the extra pass instead of shooting the puck. It drives me absolutely nuts.

There's that, yes. But, also, too, they don't seem to want to move on the power play.

They go to their places and they wait.

They let teams set up in a PK and then they give them exactly what they expected. And, surprisingly enough, it isn't successful.

I do think that's coaching...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Let this sink in.....,

1.... I mean 1 freaking PP GOAL in last 9 games..... how the does Knobber still have a job???????

Hell the only reason he got this job/recognition was being McDavid's junior coach.

Maybe leave him in Edmonton on the way out to Vancouver.

He sucks anyways they can have him.

You guys know I'm not trying to flame or be a jerk, and I think I've built up enough good will and understanding, around here, of where I'm coming from when I say this... I think the Flyers really need a new coach. I saw a LOT of very listless players not going after a team which has played 3 games in 4 nights and has been suddenly bent over by the injury bug.

The sheer amount of lollygagging I saw in their own end and on the PP screams that a significant portion of the team has quit on the coach.

4 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

You guys know I'm not trying to flame or be a jerk, and I think I've built up enough good will and understanding, around here, of where I'm coming from when I say this... I think the Flyers really need a new coach. I saw a LOT of very listless players not going after a team which has played 3 games in 4 nights and has been suddenly bent over by the injury bug.

The sheer amount of lollygagging I saw in their own end and on the PP screams that a significant portion of the team has quit on the coach.

You can say what you want JR...you've earned it.

I don't think you'll find anyone on here who would be offended if Hakstol got fired. Of course we don't even have to wait for St. Louis to fire Yeo so Fletcher can bring in HIS mediocre coach. It's already done.

5 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Can’t get mad at you when you speak the truth.....

you are a valued and respected member  here... your opinions will not be frowned upon....

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

You can say what you want JR...you've earned it.

I don't think you'll find anyone on here who would be offended if Hakstol got fired. Of course we don't even have to wait for St. Louis to fire Yeo so Fletcher can bring in HIS mediocre coach. It's already done.

15 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Can’t get mad at you when you speak the truth.....

you are a valued and respected member  here... your opinions will not be frowned upon....

I appreciate that. You guys know how it can be sometimes in internet land: some folks consider any kind of negative opinion to be trolling. I didn't think it would be seen that way, but figured it never hurts to come into the room already smoking the peace pipe.

6 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

It's not trolling because it's true.

The Flyers aren't quite to to point of the disgraceful "Barber mutiny "...but this feels very similar. When we see 28 and 14 drawing up a new pp structure on the bench, we'll know for sure.

Good times. 

I think Giroux at center got exposed as i had feared would eventually last night.

However the lack of a coach with an answer was exposed as well.

How much longer can they wait??? Till the western trip is over and they arrive back home???

9 hours ago, radoran said:

There's that, yes. But, also, too, they don't seem to want to move on the power play.

They go to their places and they wait.

They let teams set up in a PK and then they give them exactly what they expected. And, surprisingly enough, it isn't successful.

I do think that's coaching...

I think we have to question the PP coaching done by Knoblauch at this point, where's the creativity?  Last season their power play was ranked 15th, a one position drop from the previous year under Joe Mullen. This year, they’re 29th.

The team is so done with this coach it's not even funny.

Either Quenneville is set to be coach after the holidays or they have written off the season and will clean house at the deadline.  There are no other rational reasons for this staff to remain in place.  It's beyond comical at this point.

11 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I think we have to question the PP coaching done by Knoblauch at this point, where's the creativity?  Last season their power play was ranked 15th, a one position drop from the previous year under Joe Mullen. This year, they’re 29th.

Still never understood why they fired Mullen.  I thought the Flyers were actually pretty decent, though maybe that wasn't reflected in the numbers.  I seem to recall the second unit was dreadful, but that was probably more due to the personnel, imo.  I do note that Mullen doesn't appear to be coaching anywhere, though (at least not in the NHL).  It's clear that Knoblauch isn't doing better - and probably with more talent, particularly on the second unit.  

I said this before and I will say it again ..... I tried to give Hexy the benefit of the doubt when Hakstol and Knoblauch were hired.  Between them they had ZERO NHL experience between them.  I get the whole, thinking outside of the box thing...I really do, but I was assured that Knoblauch was a good hire even though I had my reservations.  Well.... this who experiment is one big cluster.  

This team needs a coach with REAL NHL experience and a PP Coach/Assistant who has some type of experience at the Pro Level.

I understand the argument that the players need to perform on the ice ... but at this point both coaches and players need to be moved.  Which players?? I don't know ...that is a topic for another thread.

This team is painful to watch .... I turned it off once the Oilers went up 3-0.

5 minutes ago, vis said:

Still never understood why they fired Mullen.  I thought the Flyers were actually pretty decent, though maybe that wasn't reflected in the numbers.  I seem to recall the second unit was dreadful, but that was probably more due to the personnel, imo.  I do note that Mullen doesn't appear to be coaching anywhere, though (at least not in the NHL).  It's clear that Knoblauch isn't doing better - and probably with more talent, particularly on the second unit.  

Thinking out of the box here to some extent, and with the "Hextall's need for total control", ( insert the spy Murphy) -- maybe the issue with Mullen was less about performance and more about a poor relationship with Hextall or Murphy?

Jake's comment in a nut shell tells you what is wrong with this team...

“It’s tiring to say we didn’t play that bad and maybe we deserve better,” Jakub Voracek said.

...they are delusional in where they are at.

They think they are close and played a decent game and until that mindset is removed from the heads of the players this will continue.

They are horrible 5 on 5 on the PK and especially on the PP.

I volunteer Jake to be move to be the first wake up shot taken....get it over with.

It could be worse. Your team could have had Dallas Eakins behind the bench for 2.5 years. He was such a control freak about diet and fitness that he took donuts away from the sportswriters, handed out the Captaincy based on VO2 Max scores, and assigned mandatory post-game stationary bike time based in reverse order of how many minutes you played in the game that night.

2 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

It could be worse. Your team could have had Dallas Eakins behind the bench for 2.5 years. He was such a control freak about diet and fitness that he took donuts away from the sportswriters, handed out the Captaincy based on VO2 Max scores, and assigned mandatory post-game stationary bike time based in reverse order of how many minutes you played in the game that night.

Oh yeah that makes me feel better.

I didn't know all that about Eakin. Certainly a strange cat. But why does he care what the sportswriters eat? 

Archived