Game 60: Blue Jackets at Flyers; 2/18/20 @ 7 PM

Howie58

41 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Which is fine too because they only need stability in the bottom 6 and i think they have guys down there who can do that in a pinch.

The bottom 6 (NAK especially) have responded extremely well.  Wouldn't kill us to add a piece to it.  Just not for any great long term cost.

41 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

With Nylander's salary there will need to be more going to Toronto....and i ain't moving Sanheim or Myers. It's not happening.

Ghost plus the pro-rated cap hit likely gets it close enough to handle for this year.  Next year gets tricky because you'd essentially need to dig up 2.5 million to keep him.  Braun and Elliott are automatically up (though I see Fletch trying to bring them both back-Braun likely take a pay cut, Elliott likely stays at a similar range) Pitlick is also up and can likely get himself a job elsewhere for more cash (another reason Fletcher might be looking at Kase).  

I think the room can be made to keep him, it's just a matter of how much of a raise Myers is in line for and if Fletcher can move JVR at any point.    

6 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

You're not very street are you old man?

Probably a result of too much time spent hanging out with hipsters eating avocado toast, sipping on microbrews, and stroking your man bun. 

You forgot not giving a rats ass about no talent rappers.

But I love me some avocado microbrew on a bun, man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

20 hours ago, Podein25 said:

That would be amazing, could join his brother who plays for the Flyers AHL team. Is he RFA come June or what?

Oh dang I forgot about his brother! I’m not sure about his contract but all I know is he is rumored to be traded.  He doesn’t have a no trade clause

On 2/19/2020 at 10:02 AM, Podein25 said:

HOF burn

Yinzers man

(ok, I don;t even know what that means, but I know it bugs them so I'm doing it - no hard feelings natch)

Yinz is slang for you. (What are yinz doing?)

Edited by notfondajane

11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Not for many of us. 

It's an attempt to differentiate between second person singular and plural (it's dumb and confusing that it's the same word, caused by the death of "thou" for singular). 

So just west of center through Pittsburgh it's "yinz," or the formal, "youinz." (descended from "you ones" and altered over time due to speed and accent). 

Philly area is "yoos," with a hard "z" sound. 

South is "y"'all. "

Midwest is, "kin you all git syphilis from a sheep?" 

Ohio is," duh, what fer? "

Hope this was helpful. 

holy ****-stick! my mid school english teacher showed up

😱

• Haha 2

On 2/19/2020 at 5:29 PM, flyercanuck said:

no talent rappers

Now wait a second....I hate rap as much as the next middle class, white, overwieght, privelaged, american male.....

But Snoop is cool **** man.

(The man wore a Springfield Indians Jersey in his debut rap video!....)

Mad props yo.... (did I say that right?)

1 hour ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Now wait a second....I hate rap as much as the next middle class, white, overwieght, privelaged, american male.....

But Snoop is cool **** man.

(The man wore a Springfield Indians Jersey in his debut rap video!....)

Mad props yo.... (did I say that right?)

Gang affiliated...may have murdered someone...goes out in public with my grammas shower cap and the all original giant bling..

If that's cool, I don't want to be. Image result for snoop dogg gang sign

• Like 1
  • Haha 1