Flyers 2020-21 season

3 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

If he won't play defense in Winnipeg, he won't play defense in Philadelphia.

I've been thinking about this a little and I think if he does what he's supposed to do, he's going to score goals.

What's the number of goals he'd need for you not care about his defense?

For me it's 35...he puts up 35 and 65 consistently? ..let his line mates take up the slack.

All he has to do is not look like James Harden and get out of people's way in the D-zone. 

I don't know if I'm willing to part with Sanhiem to do it, but I think in regards to Laine's talent, weakness in his 200 ft game can be accepted if his 75 ft game is really strong. 

I've said repeatedly that I want no part of Laine. But I also acknowledge that he has the best shot in the history of hockey and that doesn't grow on tress. So I would take him for that I supposed, but not at the cost that the Jets will want for him, which will be steep. Sanheim or Myers, a 1st, plus, and maybe plus 

Jets get Ghost, Laughton or Patrick, this years first and second

Flyers get this years first (#10), and Laine

Make sure JVR and Jake are the most attractive comodity for the expansion draft

With Niskanen gone and in need of a vet for the defense and maybe not wanting to get into the AP sweeps and also not wanting a issue when it comes to the expansion draft at season's end how about a draft pick or prospect to the Dallas Stars for Stephen Johns.

Their blueline is already sort of set without him and and he is only under contract for the 2020-21 season.

Eklund saying other teams are interested in Voracek but for only half his salary. HA.

They have lost their goddamn minds.

In that case i'm interested in Matt Dumba........but for only half his salary.

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Eklund saying other teams are interested in Voracek but for only half his salary. HA.

I'll take Claude Giroux, at half his

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 12:16 PM, mojo1917 said:

I can't tell are you taunting me that you have weed?

or my take on blowing the team up?

If it's weed, mojo's feeling are hurt.

lol....weed, sorry for any injured emotions....I know just the thing to help 🙄😜

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think it's always been obvious JVR and Voracek are going to be on the Flyers' opening night roster.  Any other conclusion is wishful thinking.

Edited by SCFlyguy

Well it all start with having the right attitude coming in and it sounds like he has it...

“I think I played on the left side a couple games with Calgary, but it didn’t feel right,” said Gustafsson, who was traded from Chicago to the Flames late in the season. “Right now, I’m used to playing on the right side, but at the same time, the left side is more easy for me because I’m left-handed. I feel more confidence on the right side. Whatever the coaches' want me to do, I’ll play there.”

“If I can come in and play like I did in the last couple games in the playoffs, it’s going to be a fun season for me and the team,” he said. “I’m going to do everything I can to help the team win.”

“The Flyers are one of the best teams in the league. I think the team they have right now is a tough team to play against,” Gustafsson, 28, said in a conference call Tuesday from Sweden. “They’re playing an offensive type of game. They like the D to join in the rush. That’s my type of game, too. With all the forwards and defensemen we have, and the goaltending, too, I think this was the best fit for me to be part of.”

“I like how they are playing. I like where the team is going,” he said. “I think we can have a fun season, whenever it’s starting. That’s why I chose to play with the Flyers.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

This can't be a real alternate jersey leak......right???

Dxwm52IQ?format=jpg&name=small

I kinda like the Flyer sweater. I like it better than what they had in the past.

I would not mind seeing the reverse of this sweater!

I'm curious to see what the Pens sweater would look like if it had the yellow from the collar to the top of the black cuff. Or maybe reverse that. Gold cuff with black from the collar to the top of the gold. Both with the white body!

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

5 Franchise Records in Reach for Giroux

cut.png

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/5-franchise-records-in-reach-for-giroux/c-319567812

Here's a look at five all-time statistical marks within reach for Giroux over the next year.

There's no category for biggest dog on the ice when the playoffs roll around...... 

On 11/7/2020 at 11:42 AM, OccamsRazor said:

I think help is on the way...

...this kid is the sniper they need.

I agree, we definitely need a big  tough winger who can crash the net and who has finishing ability. Since we lost Hartnell and Simmons, we have been lacking in that area. Hopefully in a year or two Ratcliffe can be our big finisher on the left side with Allison on the right. We have some skilled smaller goal scorers with guys like Brink, Farabee and Desoyners and one more big finisher , Foerester, so if all works out we can have a nice blend up front. Between injuries and COVID a lot of our prospects lost valuable development time and several would  be contributing to the team by now. Rubstov, Patrick , O’Brien,  Morin, Allison and Laberge all have been set back big time. That’s four first round picks and two second round picks. Talk about bad luck, that’s a lot of prime draft picks that so far have not worked out for us, so far.

• Like 1

if we dont make the playoffs, we have to trade jvr and ghost to clear cap at the deadline so we have the money to spend on new core players, im not trusting fa because players have their own ideas on where to go, trading for these guys like homer did in the summer of 07 is the way of improving the team without relying just on fa is a dangerous idea.

Edited by tucson83

22 hours ago, tucson83 said:

if we dont make the playoffs, we have to trade jvr and ghost to clear cap at the deadline so we have the money to spend on new core players, im not trusting fa because players have their own ideas on where to go, trading for these guys like homer did in the summer of 07 is the way of improving the team without relying just on fa is a dangerous idea.

Problem Is, its a flat cap, its gonna be that way for a few years. Most teams have no cap space and there are lots of teams trying to unload their overpriced players. So you are probably going to have to pay off another team with a draft pick or a prospect to take JVR off your hands. No one is lining up to take an aging, overpaid, one dimensional underachieving guy like JVR. You have to hope Seattle takes him in the draft. Ghost has a good contract and a certain skillset that makes him easier to trade. We better unload Ghost this season,  if we dont, Seattle would most certainly take him and then we are stuck with JVR and his bloated contract for 5 more years. 

On 11/13/2020 at 2:01 PM, RonJeremy said:

No one is lining up to take an aging, overpaid, one dimensional underachieving guy like JVR. You have to hope Seattle takes him in the draft.

The guy is not my favorite player either, he hasn't had a #2 overall draft pick type career, especially for the Flyers.

That said. JvR is one of the team's better 5 v 5 play drivers. He does much better in a 3rd line role where his ability is an advantage. 

His contract is not good, especially for the role and minutes he plays. He's a guy that a good coaching staff will get the most out of, if he can stay healthy he'll get his goals & points, teams need goals and point to win. 

52 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

The guy is not my favorite player either, he hasn't had a #2 overall draft pick type career, especially for the Flyers.

That said. JvR is one of the team's better 5 v 5 play drivers. He does much better in a 3rd line role where his ability is an advantage. 

His contract is not good, especially for the role and minutes he plays. He's a guy that a good coaching staff will get the most out of, if he can stay healthy he'll get his goals & points, teams need goals and point to win. 

im pretty sure the Flyers have a good coaching staff, and he still sucks. And since they aren't making any coaching changes, if your statement is accurate, he will continue to suck

however, if you are saying this is a good good coaching staff that will get the "best" out of him, I guess we will see. I just wont hold my breath.

And then there is the possibility that they are a good staff, have already gotten the "best" they can. Which brings us back to our current situation and the conclusion that he sucks