Crosby Returning

Guest Dynamo 47

Crosby is slated to return to action Monday against the Isles.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=602434&navid=DL|NHL|home

Curious as what other Flyers/hockey fans feel.

I know the disdain that Flyer fans have fro Crosby but I think it's great that he's returning. The games against the Pens aren't the same as when #87 is out there. It makes the games nastier and easier to hate the Pens when Crosby is playing.

As fans what do you expect in his return? He will obviously be rusty and his timing off but does anyone expect him to score any points? Do you think the league will be overly sensitive and if anyone so much as breathes on him there will be a penalty?

Curious as to what Flyer fans thought of Crosby's return.

I actually thought Crosby was maturing last year as compared to previous seasons and it was harder to hate him than it was before. What will be interesting is to see if the rest of the team "cruises" a bit more because the "savior" is back or if they give 100%. I also am interested to see how Neal plays. He has had a fine year thus far in Crosby's absence.

Bettman will send out a memo to all officials saying that if anyone gets near #87 it is a 5 minute major penalty. If someone should actually check him, it will be an automatic 3 game suspension from Shanny.

I actually think Crosby is going to be the one to initiate contact. He's going to want to know for sure that he can, and he's also the most skilled player on the ice. It's not easy hitting someone like him cleanly if he doesn't want you to. He doesn't skate with his head down. And he also throws hits, goes in the corners, forechecks, backchecks.

I agree he was given preferential treatment when he came in the league and was coached by Mario to turn into a suck. But he's grown up a lot since then and is definately a physical player.

<< I actually thought Crosby was maturing last year as compared to previous seasons and it was harder to hate him than it was before. What will be interesting is to see if the rest of the team "cruises" a bit more because the "savior" is back or if they give 100%. I also am interested to see how Neal plays. He has had a fine year thus far in Crosby's absence. >>

They are going to put him on a line with Kunitz and Dupuis. I'm with you...I'd love to see him with Neal (the finally get him the big scoring winger and he's not on his line). Can't complain too much since he was having an other-worldly season last year with those guys. Still...

I actually thought Crosby was maturing last year as compared to previous seasons and it was harder to hate him than it was before. What will be interesting is to see if the rest of the team "cruises" a bit more because the "savior" is back or if they give 100%. I also am interested to see how Neal plays. He has had a fine year thus far in Crosby's absence.

I actually agree. He didn't dive nor whine nearly as much as in years past. I'm a little surprised that Neal will not be playing on his line based on reports.

Curious to see how he plays as far as being physical. I know from my concussion history that I was very apprehensive at first and kept thinking let me get through one game. Once I actually took a hit I was OK.

As a fellow human being my reaction is yea! good for him; glad he is not having to use a colotomy bag.

As a Flyers fan however my reaction is

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cindy still sucks! I hate him and the lousy Pens!

That is all....

Edited by Poulin20
  • Like 1

Bettman will send out a memo to all officials saying that if anyone gets near #87 it is a 5 minute major penalty. If someone should actually check him, it will be an automatic 3 game suspension from Shanny.

I was thinking the same thing. What color will his "no-hit" jersey be for the games??? That said, I'm looking forward to his return. It's no fun beating the Penguins if Crosby ain't in the lineup.

With Ovie having a meltdown in Washington and with Crosby potentially plagued by concussions for the rest of his career, who becomes the new face of NHL hockey? Who does Bettman choose to cozy up to now???

i hate that FHL has me excited to see crosby coming back. not only that, but hoping he comes back strong and throws up stupid points.

lol,

I'll bet your just real miserable.

2g,2a,4p, +3, 1ppp, gwg, and 14fo

want to trade crosby for richards?

lol,

I'll bet your just real miserable.

2g,2a,4p, +3, 1ppp, gwg, and 14fo

want to trade crosby for richards?

lol, but that's just it exactly: i'm now in the uncomfortable position of being a flyers' fan who hopes crosby is the league's leading scorer the rest of the way. and yeah, could you have scripted a better first night back after missing 60 games? so, no, you can keep richards. :)

i thought sid looked freakin' awesome, lots of jump and compete, didn't shy from contact, still has sick skill. i thought nbc sports coverage of him was borderline creepy. the studio host with milbury and jonesy was so breathless he sounded like he was dealing with some wood or something... "oh my he's got 7 minutes of ice time will he be okay ?" jonesy was just rolling his eyes at that douche. the guy is 24 he'll be fine...

could you have scripted a better first night back after missing 60 games?

Aha!! Scripted. Interesting. I'm sensing a conspiracy. I knew Bettman wouldn't let Crosby's return just fade quietly into the night with some mediocre game. That explosion of hockey "skill" in his first game back after a full year off with a brain injury was courtesy of the on ice officials and the League. I mean, who does that? Is he REALLY this good???? Hehe. I'm just kidding. I think.......

I do know one thing, it doesn't bode well for the Flyers. As much as I hate to say it!!

Nice thread!

I am totally thrilled Sidney Crosby is back--he's good for the NHL and he is a remarkable player. I am also in agreement with those that say he has matured.

Do I want him to win?--NO! I'm a Flyers Fan; but, I know greatness when I see it. Sidney Crosby could very well be the best player in the NHL.

What is amazing is the Penguins have won without him and even Malkin has been out a lot this season. The Penguins are the team to beat in the Atlantic Conference.

Right now the Pens are better than the Flyers; but, anything can happen once the playoffs start. And any victory the Flyers can achieve over the Pens are just that much sweeter when Crosby is on the ice. The pressure is all on the Pens--I think the Flyers have the potential to be great this year. I am not conceding ANYTHING to the Pens! I'm just being honest in my opinion.

Go Flyers!

Nice thread!

I am totally thrilled Sidney Crosby is back--he's good for the NHL and he is a remarkable player. I am also in agreement with those that say he has matured.

Do I want him to win?--NO! I'm a Flyers Fan; but, I know greatness when I see it. Sidney Crosby could very well be the best player in the NHL.

What is amazing is the Penguins have won without him and even Malkin has been out a lot this season. The Penguins are the team to beat in the Atlantic Conference.

Right now the Pens are better than the Flyers; but, anything can happen once the playoffs start. And any victory the Flyers can achieve over the Pens are just that much sweeter when Crosby is on the ice. The pressure is all on the Pens--I think the Flyers have the potential to be great this year. I am not conceding ANYTHING to the Pens! I'm just being honest in my opinion.

Go Flyers!

If he can continue to stay away from the whining and crying to the officials( which he has gotten better at last season), he will get a lot more respect. I will go a step further and say if he can get Kennedy and Malkin to lay off of the diving, well, that would be a miracle but would make his smugness more tolerable. No matter what, I will not "like" him, but at least I would like to be able to respect him.

Glad he is back. If one can separate Crosby The Child from Crosby The Player, the guy is a pure joy to watch play. The NHL needs more players with his skillset. I really don't see what can possibly be gained by him not able to play, aside from the fact, of course, that the Atlantic would be weakened in our favor. :)