Observations of Sam Morins play so far

RonJeremy

From what I have seen, so far Morin has not made many mistakes back there. He has made the right choices when clearing or skating the puck out, he hasn’t been beaten in the one on one battles and any give aways he had , he has been able to recover and clear the puck. He has been in the proper position back there.  I have not even seen one bone headed give away like we have seen with Sanheim and Meyers in every game. So far I would say, he is doing better than expected.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

And he can fight, which is good.

Yes , and he makes other players think twice about camping out in front. We have needed a defenseman like this for a long time. I’m so tired of watching the Flyers get pushed around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

From what I have seen, so far Morin has not made many mistakes back there. He has made the right choices when clearing or skating the puck out, he hasn’t been beaten in the one on one battles and any give aways he had , he has been able to recover and clear the puck. He has been in the proper position back there.  I have not even seen one bone headed give away like we have seen with Sanheim and Meyers in every game. So far I would say, he is doing better than expected.

He did take that bone head penalty they scored on but that is more about PK issues right now.

But overall nothing i have noticed saying he needs to get the f**k outta there like i have seen with the other fill ins.

I don't miss Gus or Hagg.

Those two along with one or both of Laughton and Raffl could be deadline deals.

Team would throw picks for the them Laughton and Raffl bring the most value playoff teams are looking for.

Gus and Hagg maybe a pick...but i wouldn't be shocked to get nothing for Gus.

So in my mind right now Morin is a part of the blueline for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

Based on what we've gotten from the D brigade this year, he's a winner.  I agree with Occ--his penalty was not smart and resulted in a goal.  But that kid is engaged and big.  Another thing in his favor, and this is cynical--we can probably keep him at relatively low cost given his injury history and the fact we haven't given up on him.  I am sure he and his agent get that.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't miss Gus or Hagg.

Those two along with one or both of Laughton and Raffl could be deadline deals.

I'm sure all four will be kept for depth for the "playoff run".

I liked Morin vs the Isles and I wasn't surprised to see Pageau (i think it was) blow by him on the outside and drive the net. Reading the play coming at him should improve as he gets NHL minutes. That's all it looked like to me he just didn't expect to get passed so quickly.

Loved him taking on Johnston early in the game - not sure if that's why Johnston left the game but prob had something to do with it!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 5:45 PM, OccamsRazor said:

He did take that bone head penalty they scored on but

I dont think that was a bone head play. He was trying to be aggressive and lay the body on the opposition.  The Flyers need some of that

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

Morin/Ghost was better than Sanheim//Meyers vs Bruins.  I like Morin's play so far with Ghost.

And this is alarming.

And has been the trend for awhile now.

I am out of suggestions to fix or solve this.

These guys have way to much potential to be playing like this.

Were do they go from here?

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

These guys have way to much potential to be playing like this.

Were do they go from here?

law of averages would suggest, up.

Even if those two just revert to the mean, they'll be fine.

• Like 1