Players you want Fletch to get this off-season

tucson83

I wouldn't be opposed to taking a run at Sam Reinhart out of BUF - guy has the shooting mentality that could fit in well.

Mikael Granlund isn't a terrible middle-six option. 🇫🇮

I doubt these teams let them go after trading assets for them, but if Savard or Montour is available for the blue line.

I guess it really depends on whether they're going to look at a serious rebuild or patch holes chasing the "make the playoffs and anything can happen" dragon.

south park stan GIF

Just now, radoran said:

I wouldn't be opposed to taking a run at Sam Reinhart out of BUF - guy has the shooting mentality that could fit in well.

Mikael Granlund isn't a terrible middle-six option. 🇫🇮

I doubt these teams let them go after trading assets for them, but if Savard or Montour is available for the blue line.

I guess it really depends on whether they're going to look at a serious rebuild or patch holes chasing the "make the playoffs and anything can happen" dragon.

south park stan GIF

i think they have to fix the d in the worst way, hamilton, martinez, and maybe hjalmarsson if they clear enough space.

I thought @flyer4ever 's list was  pretty good and could be achieved.

He said Seth Jones, Risto Ristolieanen, Sam Bennett, and Lawson Crouse.

3 of the 4 can be had for money. Which Comcast has.

I don't know much about Crouse.

I'm indifferent to Risto, he's big and mean he's often out of the play missing a hit or hitting the wrong guy, but he does hit and he's got some punk in his game. He would add toughness, our team lacks that in front of the goalies. He and Morin who is a dice toss to stay in the league would change the dynamic in front of our goal crease. Is that enough to over come his lapses. would Yeo be able to coach him up?

Jones would be a coup he and Provorov would be a dynamite top pair or slotting Provorov to the second pair would be maybe even better long term.

That would require a trade and whatever pieces go out the door would be worth it IMO.

Bennett can skate and has the farm boy from the 'scatch feel to him, the team needs more of that. 

I do think guys like Allison and Lacznski can provide quality in the middle 6 should guys like Konecny be moved for Jones. 

I would like to see some speed added, and some tenacity.  

• Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i think they have to fix the d in the worst way, hamilton, martinez, and maybe hjalmarsson if they clear enough space.

Does Carolina let Hamilton walk? As I look at them they've got the space to keep him.

Good, relatively young and somewhat inexpensive core down in Carolina.

I tried to keep my viewing at under 30 FA guys. Not sure about Martinez/Hjalmarsson at 33/34...

• pilldoc changed the title to Players you want Fletch to get this off-season
4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm indifferent to Risto, he's big and mean he's often out of the play missing a hit or hitting the wrong guy, but he does hit and he's got some punk in his game.

I (obviously) like Ristolainen and he had some O in his game earlier in his career they might be able to get back (he got slotted behind Oh My Dahlin).

Hard to really know given the **** storm in Buffalo.

Specifically speaking, they should absolutely do whatever they have to, to sign Seth Jones as a free agent, if Columbus makes him available. I would also try to get Gaudreau, if the Flames make him available. Then sign a physical forward, that doesn't shy away from contact. Not quite sure who would be available, that fits that category. Maybe Blake Coleman, if the Lightning don't re-sign him.

Edited by FD19372

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

sign Seth Jones as a free agent, if Columbus makes him available.

IMO, dealing Savard was an indication that they're keeping Jones. Werenski c/should be back, they have 3 1sts next draft, and their oldest guys are Atkinson and Nyquist (31) - the latter of whom I'd expect they expose to the Kraken.

But, yes, if Jones is available... :56ce4e56dc2e8_HighFiveSmileys:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, radoran said:

IMO, dealing Savard was an indication that they're keeping Jones.

Well you can't if he doesn't want to resign.

And that was the report is that Jones will not reup in Columbus.

So we'll see I guess.

:BrownBag:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well you can't if he doesn't want to resign.

And that was the report is that Jones will not reup in Columbus.

I thought I heard this too, but I don't remember where.

It could be I heard it from you so we're over here in the echo chamber trying to conjure a player.

Or it could be something we both read....One of the great benefits of the quarantine has been the total lack of stimulation...I can feel my brain cells saying, oh, nothing going on at the job, we're at the end of Netflix, the hockey team sucks...we're out!

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

I thought I heard this too, but I don't remember where.

It could be I heard it from you so we're over here in the echo chamber trying to conjure a player.

Or it could be something we both read....One of the great benefits of the quarantine has been the total lack of stimulation...I can feel my brain cells saying, oh, nothing going on at the job, we're at the end of Netflix, the hockey team sucks...we're out!

It came from Bill Meltzer and he didn't divulge his source.

Certainly have to look into it.

Jones is the guy you part with the pieces to land.

It will not be cheap.

But it could be worth it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It came from Bill Meltzer and he didn't divulge his source.

Certainly have to look into it.

Jones is the guy you part with the pieces to land.

It will not be cheap.

But it could be worth it.

i mean if you look at the teams that are winning now have great defense vegas, montreal,tampa, florida actually before the richards and carter got dealt, this team had great defense, heck we didnt have a great goalie, i mean imagine if we had an elite third pairing and emery stay healthy, we probably could have beaten chicago.

heck la won two cups and boston won 1 cup, they both had elite defenses and didnt have star forwards but good forwards.

Edited by tucson83
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

before the richards and carter got dealt

Winning those trades has gotten them where they are today.

I am hard pressed to come up with a Cup Finalist that was then driven so steadily and consistently into the ground...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, radoran said:

Winning those trades has gotten them where they are today.

I am hard pressed to come up with a Cup Finalist that was then driven so steadily and consistently into the ground...

overpaying giroux and jake was the worst and caused the downfall of this team and i was hating that when i first heard about it, it made this team weaker.

Edited by tucson83

3 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

overpaying giroux and jake was the worst and caused the downfall of this team and i was hating that when i first heard about it, it made this team weaker.

IKR? The same guy who made the Richards/Crater deals did Giroux and oversaw Voracek.

Clearly learned nothing from the experience.

Again, I just feel it was part of the whole thing where they mortgaged the organization* to make "won the trades" happen.

But, hey, I'm sure they can fix it. :thumbsu:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, radoran said:

IKR? The same guy who made the Richards/Crater deals did Giroux and oversaw Voracek.

Clearly learned nothing from the experience.

Again, I just feel it was part of the whole thing where they mortgaged the organization* to make "won the trades" happen.

But, hey, I'm sure they can fix it. :thumbsu:

it's funny because the players that are playing like giroux and jake are making half the money heck the one that's scoring more goals than them is on a rookie deal aka fabby and that 64 million could have spent on the defense depth or stars where it was needed the most especially after the pronger and timms retirement.

5 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Players who are accountable to themselves, their teammates, the families who got them where they are, and the crest on the front of the sweater. So nobody over 25 on the current roster.

Can we just get a new GM?

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd still like a new gm.

Yeah, I'm serious about that.

I've said what I've said about core players, and I maintain that, but I was pretty vocal against Fletcher when they hired him, and I  maintain that, as well.

• Like 2