Game 43: Flyers at Penguins; 4/15/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

We come into the game as heavy underdogs:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/philadelphia-flyers-vs-pittsburgh-penguins-prediction-4-15-2021-nhl-pick-tips-and-odds.html

Normally, I would say a Flyers-Pens Game defies odds.  But, we are playing far below expectations:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/flyers-gm-chuck-fletcher-uncomfortable-spot-because-he-was-too-comfortable

Can we avoid losing by five or more goals?

8 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

We come into the game as heavy underdogs:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/philadelphia-flyers-vs-pittsburgh-penguins-prediction-4-15-2021-nhl-pick-tips-and-odds.html

Normally, I would say a Flyers-Pens Game defies odds.  But, we are playing far below expectations:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/flyers-gm-chuck-fletcher-uncomfortable-spot-because-he-was-too-comfortable

Can we avoid losing by five or more goals?

As long as we lose, that's all that matters.  I want to get into the top 10 for the draft. 

• Like 1

Interesting:

Flyers have lost 7 games by 5 goals or more. 7 out of 42 games. So once in every 6 games they are losing by 5 goals or more. 17% of the games.

The Buffalo Sabres who had an 18 game losing streak, have lost 1 game in 42 by 5 goals or more.

I refuse to subject myself to this hot garbage anymore. I will just wait until tomorrow morning to review the box score to see how many points Crosby and Jeff Carter rack up. I will also see if Hart made it through the entire game without getting the hook. 

#IHATEJAKE 🤬™️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

I refuse to subject myself to this hot garbage anymore.

I flipped over from Jeopardy! the other day and it was 4-1.

Flipped back to watch Wheel.

I'll see you at the box score.

I also expect another day of phone calls from Flyers ticketing telling me about some exciting news they have to share with me about opportunities for next season.

eugene levy johnny rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I hate the Penguins more than I hate a inflamed case of the clap. I fcking hate them🤬!

I just honestly don't have that sort of level of intensity any more.

Except for the Cowboys. **** them. :thumbsu:

Edited by radoran
  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1

14 minutes ago, radoran said:

I also expect another day of phone calls from Flyers ticketing telling me about some exciting news they have to share with me about opportunities for next season.

Got the morning email right on schedule.

The best thing about getting season tickets for next season? It's even easier to transfer them to other people!

Reminds me of friends in Buffalo who would get season tickets and finance them by selling them off to Leafs and Habs fans.

#winning :thumbsu:

Yeah, the stench is too much to cover up.  Apparently, Keith Jones' remarks after the last game were hard to swallow for some of the corporate types, but earned kudos from outsiders.  

I suspect Fletcher can't admit publicly that it's rebuild time.  But everyone knows it:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/flyers-trade-deadline-draft-picks-news-analysis-scott-laughton-contract-michael-raffl-rebuild-chuck-fletcher/

Voracek, Giroux...it doesn't matter.  Say auf wiedersehen and get picks or cap space and move on.  

My new watch gig:  I sit through the first period.  If they aren't down by more than 2, I will continue.  If down by 2+, I exercise and tune in for the third.   Even that is too much to bear these days.  I guess Taryn makes it a bit easier.  

Meanwhile, next year become a real pivot before our eyes.  For the first time in ages, we may see a wholesale roster change ala 2008. Good.  This group ain't cutting the mustard.  

So no Myers again. Doghouse.

Projected lineups

FLYERS (Tuesday's starting lines, will be updated)

25 James van Riemsdyk- 14 Sean Couturier - 86 Joel Farabee
93 Jakub Voracek - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
21 Scott Laughton - 13 Kevin Hayes - 19 Nolan Patrick
23 Oskar Lindblom - 58 Tanner Laczynski - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim - 8 Robert Hägg
55 Samuel Morin - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere

79 Carter Hart
37 Brian Elliott

PP1: Giroux, Patrick, Farabee, Voracek, Provorov.
PP2: Hayes, Couturier, JVR, Konecny, Gostisbehere.

Scratches: 5 Phil Myers (healthy), 57 Wade Allison (Taxi Squad, could dress for this game).

Injured reserve: 48 Morgan Frost (shoulder surgery).

COVID-19 protocol: None.

PENGUINS

59 Jake Guentzel - 89 Sidney Crosby - 17 Bryan Rust
16 Jason Zucker - 77 Jeff Carter - 19 Jared McCann
46 Zach Aston-Reese - 53 Teddy Blueger - 9 Evan Rodrigues
67 Radim Zohorna - 14 Mark Jankowski - 7 Colton Sceviour

8 Brian Dumoulin - 58 Kris Letang
28 Marcus Pettersson - 6 John Marino
5 Mike Matheson - 4 Cody Ceci

35 Tristan Jarry
[1 Casey DeSmith]

PP1: Rust, Crosby, McCann, Guentzel, Letang
PP2: Rodrigues, Zucker, Zohorna, Matheson, Marino

Scratches: 2 Chad Ruhwedel (healthy), 50 Juuso Riikola (healthy).

Injured Reserve: 11 Frederick Geaudreau (lower body), 13 Brandon Tanev (upper body), 42 Kasperi Kapanen (lower body), 52 Mark Friedman (upper body), 71 Evgeni Malkin (lower body).

COVID-19 protocol: None.

Penguins are licking their chops...

18 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

My new watch gig:  I sit through the first period.  If they aren't down by more than 2, I will continue.  If down by 2+, I exercise and tune in for the third

Good system. Mine is, umm, different.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I might watch just to see if Sam will beat up someone.

Then again, I might have anything else to do

Maybe Sam will throw a check! I mean, no one else is likely to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Good system. Mine is, umm, different.

I think your system consists of a form of hard liquor. You're not alone, Podes. My Glenlivet scotch makes this team slightly tolerable.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I won't him to try this time WITHOUT a penalty.

:hithead:

Hell with that...if he takes out Crosby, gets a penalty and scores a goal on his next shift, he'll get a five year extension, they'll strip the C from Giroux..and Morin will be named captain. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Hell with that...if he takes out Crosby, gets a penalty and scores a goal on his next shift, he'll get a five year extension, they'll strip the C from Giroux..and Morin will be named captain. :ph34r:

Well yeah if it's Crosby he'll get a key to the City. Beer for life.

:PopcornSmiley2:

44 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Wasnt it Hatcher who crosschecked Cindy in the mouth, his rookie season?

That's correct.

And guess which team Sidney has the most points vs for his career ?

If you said the Flyers you'd be right.

So ha ha, that old dude cross checked a 19 year old in the mouth and broke some teeth.

The 19 year old has torched that old dude's team for over a decade.

we win? 

Hate that guy all you want, he's been the best player in the league for most of his career and will moon walk into the HHOF. 

I hate he's used my favorite team to pad his stats. 

I hate that team and fan base so much it's irrational.

I'm not watching this ******** tonight because I don't want to see the boys taking their sticks for skates and getting lit up by 3rd liners.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

That's correct.

So ha ha, that old dude cross checked a 19 year old in the mouth and broke some teeth.

we win? 

Hate that guy all you want, he's been the best player in the league for most of his career and will moon walk into the HHOF. 

I'm not watching this ******** tonight because I don't want to see the boys taking their sticks for skates and getting lit up by 3rd liners.  

weird that during the time frame the Flyers have played their most pussified hockey, the biggest puss in the league has run roughshod over them

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

That's correct.

we win? 

Well damn Wade Allison is supposed to make his NHL debut tonight so now I have to watch.

Results be damned I want to see how the kid looks going vs the hated Pens.

5 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I guess Taryn makes it a bit easier.  

I try to start watching with about a minute left in the first, then after about 15 minutes go do something else.  Check back in about 45 minutes later at the end of the 2nd.  If the score at the start of the 3rd is decent I'll watch the rest.

5 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I guess Taryn makes it a bit easier.  

YES!

God Bless whomever chose that tv angle putting her up front and side-angled like that and Hartnell at the far end, they knew what they were doing.  She had on a long-sleeved tight white shirt and skirt a few games back....HUBBA HUBBA.

• Like 1