Flyers Goal Crease

Samifan

well there's one guy who doesn't dig it, but he's up in the stands the past few games. some of the others seem to say "oh the crease? by all means, sir... wack our goalie 5 seconds after the whistle? well i may skate next to you, but nothing's really going to happen."

• Like 1

2 goals last night 2 different Flyers actually moved away from the Ranger attacking the net with the puck. WTF?

First Gost then awhile later Myers...they just backed off and let the guy score unmolested. No mystery why the Flyers are last (or 2nd to last) in the NHL in Goals-Against and PK%.

But the Flyers are top 5 in FO%. ... for all the good it does them...

7 hours ago, CoachX said:

But the Flyers are top 5 in FO%. ... for all the good it does them

CoachX:

This has been a trademark of the squad for the last decade.  We have good face-off percentages...lousy PP, PK.  The other contrast is with lousy SO percentage.  That may speak to the type of players we draft and trade for.  They have "High Hockey IQ" and "Good 200 Feet Play."  Right, but they can't shoot worth poop or clear our porch or yes, control the neutral zone.  I guess they win faceoffs but their teammates can't do anything from there.  It is a troubling stat.  I hope CF and the gang take note.  It may be even worse than our tendency to outshoot but frequently underscore the opposition.  

• Like 1

Actually it is nice to have a couple great FO guys...Giroux, Couturier are always near the top of the league I believe. And some of the credit goes partly to the rest of the skaters.

The PP IIRC has been pretty good over the years, something like 20% on average. The PK is another story. I don't recall the Flyers ever having a reliable PK. I'm guessing it's been below middle-of-the-pack for many years.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

The Flyers' goal crease, brought to you by Motel 6;  we'll keep the [goal] light on for you.

Yeah it is more like those extend a stay places where you might be there awhile.

:BrownBag:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Howie58 said:

They have "High Hockey IQ" and "Good 200 Feet Play

Exactly Howie!  This quote right here drives me crazy... just once, I'd love for them to draft a player and say "this guy is a pure goal scorer"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flyers97 said:

Exactly Howie!  This quote right here drives me crazy... just once, I'd love for them to draft a player and say "this guy is a pure goal scorer"

What's Foerster? 

I mean he's not Ovechkin...but his forte' is goal scoring.

• Like 1

Last night on the 2 good shifts at the end I saw Myers battling in the crease, shoving Devils out of the way, holding his ground...and I thought "WTF is he doing? He knows he's not allowed to do that."

It really was remarkable watching him play good D there for a minute.

4 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Last night on the 2 good shifts at the end I saw Myers battling in the crease, shoving Devils out of the way, holding his ground...and I thought "WTF is he doing? He knows he's not allowed to do that."

It really was remarkable watching him play good D there for a minute.

Well if they value Hart then fixing his blueline is paramount.

Is this a move towards looking into this?? Who sits??? Myers again?? Or Big Sam??

AV confirms that Egor Zamula will make his NHL debut, alongside Travis Sanheim.