Parise

Fargocase

Are these boards still alive?   When I flushed it because it was full of HATE HATE HATE conspiracy theory garbage it seemed like a handful of obnoxious posters had killed it.  Hopefully they are gone.

As a Wild fan and an NHL fan, scratching Parise was over the top crazy stupid.   Evanson was a dud grinder in his playing career, that seems to be about his level as a coach by scratching Parise.  

• Like 1

Or it could be message sending that no one is unscratchable. 
maybe the regular season message wasn’t heard. 
maybe the rest of the team needed to see it as well. 
and yes I think bg wants to send a message 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

It looks like message was received, even if the timing was less than ideal. Parise did step it up a notch when he was on the ice, and that double five hole goal was a thing of beauty: even an NFL long snapper would've been proud/jealous of that hike. There is one other player in serious need of the same message, and I think we all know who that is.

As far as hate and conspiracy theories go, you still won't see a whole lot of love for Parise or Suter - particularly the latter - on these boards. But there's a helluva lot more optimism going on these days: a massive thanks to #97 for that. And seeing the strides made by guys like EEk and Fiala this year doesn't hurt the positivity factor either. Heck, if BG can find a way to unload one or both of the boat anchors early and use the cap space to build around Kaprisov, optimism will turn into downright giddiness (not to mention a seriously legit Cup contender)

And speaking of Kaps, if he doesn't take home the Calder this year, then we know the fix is in. 😉

On 5/28/2021 at 9:04 PM, Fargocase said:

Are these boards still alive?   When I flushed it because it was full of HATE HATE HATE conspiracy theory garbage it seemed like a handful of obnoxious posters had killed it.  Hopefully they are gone.

As a Wild fan and an NHL fan, scratching Parise was over the top crazy stupid.   Evanson was a dud grinder in his playing career, that seems to be about his level as a coach by scratching Parise.  

Board IS alive.  Your comment:  'Over the top crazy stupid.'  Sounds like you need a 'cry towel,' and 'an education about what happens when you don't produce a goal since April 17' making the most money on the team at LW - you sit until both your production and attitude change.  Message was delivered and received, and improvement was secured. 

Evason made quite a few smart moves this year to move this team forward, and this was surely one of them.  Quit 'living in the past' with your ManLove for Suter and Parise; the game has passed them by as (pseudo) stars that have coast through the majority of their contract years with NO ACCOUNTABILITY.  Now, go back to hiding in your safe space for another year (or treat solid opinion'ed posters with more respect).  Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

754494653_toothysmile.jpg.d50f0a6adba9f6e80cbd9b0cebcf6913.jpg

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

On 5/31/2021 at 8:46 AM, Tomdog said:

This is the most promising year for the wild in a long time. 
when you realize that BG’s worst move was Bugstad as a rental, sends a lot of confidence in our GM. 

It was the most promising year with lots of interest for the fans. Sadly, Parise did not show much during the regular season. From the recent Russo news, Parise is looking forward in starting new next year. According to Russo, he still has 4 years contract left. Maybe he is going to play like he did during playoffs? No-one knows. 

I am still thinking that we need to look for the most consistent goalie to improve our results. We had 7 games playoffs rounds same as Montreal team scenario. And they won it because Price was better than Campbell for Toronto which is more loaded with talents team. In our case, no questions, Fleury was better than our Talbot. Unfortunately, Kahkonen did not play at least one game, like Vegas gave to rest Fleury and used for the 1st game during a 2nd round Lehner.

Parise is getting old and he's never been fast. That's no good in the regular season. He'll be a bit better come playoffs time, because the refs then allow the slowing down of the game. They won't be calling interference and hooking nearly as much as in the regular season. A slow, grinding game fits Parise's skill set and style. I'd still like to see him play somewhere else.

The wild’s hands are tied with this contract, however just because he plans on being here and playing, doesn’t mean he will. 
It’s clear that BG and Evanson are running this team now. 
Zach may not want to admit it, but the healthy scratches were probably very good for him. 
The Wild need to scratch their regulars more often to find their depth. 

19 minutes ago, Confrontational said:

"I haven't been told otherwise" - thought that was a bit strange for him to say that part...

Yes it is. Possibly he's given his permission to Guerin to start shopping him. Who else could tell him, that he's not coming to the training camp?

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Yes it is. Possibly he's given his permission to Guerin to start shopping him. Who else could tell him, that he's not coming to the training camp?

He did it last summer so why not again? 
At that time, He knew Kaprisov was coming here and obviously didn't know how he'd play but is that enough to make Parise want to stay here now?
Then the question is if we do somehow make a trade, How much of his salary do we still have to pay?

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

He did it last summer so why not again? 
At that time, He knew Kaprisov was coming here and obviously didn't know how he'd play but is that enough to make Parise want to stay here now?
Then the question is if we do somehow make a trade, How much of his salary do we still have to pay?

Probably, a lot. I am still thinking that he will stay with his team to finish his career, of course, if he stays healthy and to retire in his native state. He understood, that our club has much more chances to improve our results , especially, in playoffs, because of having more talents now in Kaprizov; Fiala; Zuccarello; EEK; Foligno. In my opinion, with arriving Kaprizov it changed the style of the team's play(team first mentality in all 4 lines) this season and we have seen that even during the playoffs. We were able to play 7 playoffs games this season, which happened the 4th time in 20 years. For the 1st time in many years, our team practically, did not show any boring games. Just maybe few periods. Parise from the beginning of the season gradually moved from the 1st line to the 2nd; then to the 3rd; then to the 4th and finally at the end of the season he was moved then to the bench. Maybe that situation it did create some angriness for him and that affected his better play in playoffs. Definitely, he was good and helpful at playoffs. His 2 playoffs goals were unique in his performance. Hopefully, he will stay this way next season too and will be consistently practicing during the offseason also just to keep his physical status to the level of younger or faster players. 

• 1 month later...

I know I've said this before, but Parise either must accept a reduced role or be willing to be shopped.  No doubt it hurts his pride, but it is a honest appraisal of where his game is at in his career.  Both Guerin and Evason sent a message with the healthy scratches both during the regular season and the playoffs.  

I think Parise himself might now see his contract kind of the same way Roberto Luongo did when he signed his long-term deal with the Canucks.  Where he regrets how it now makes him very difficult to trade when he desperately wants a change of scenery and hoping for more opportunity.  

@Fargocase , the boards never disappeared, you only did.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Are you writing for that site?  They're just parroting another place.  Meh, buying him out isn't a great option at all.  Getting another team to buy him out is a lot better.  

No, I do not. Just trying to share with available info , which gives us some thoughts to think about during off-season. Agree, but I do not think another team will be interested to buy him out. Probably,  he still wants to be a part of the Wild team and to be retired with that team too. 

17 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Are you writing for that site?  They're just parroting another place.  Meh, buying him out isn't a great option at all.  Getting another team to buy him out is a lot better.  

You might have some luck if you pick up 2 mill of his salary to help work out a trade over buying him out.

Might be better than having to send a high draft pick for another team to buy him out.

• Like 2

I don't feel bad for Parise at all.  He signed a 13-year deal.  His game was going to start to fade at some point and he has to be in denial if he thinks it hasn't last season.  Honestly, there was so many moments where he seemed at least 2-3 steps slower than everyone else.  Whether that's just age or an injury...I don't really care.  The main point is he wasn't effective.  

I don't think it was the least bit crazy to scratch him.  It was important for the team to see that anyone would be held accountable.  We watched too much of that differentiated accountability for so long here and it eroded the credibility of coaches and management.  Bill Guerin and Evason took active steps to make that clear that is no longer the case.  IMO, its something that should be applauded, not jeered.  

When Parise was scratched during the regular season, and came back he played a bit faster for a game or two but then was lagging far behind the play most shifts.  IMO, its probably more a sign of age than anything else.  He needs to understand he just can't do what he used to; not at the same pace.  So perhaps its a thing where you scratch him every few games.  His cap hit is still horrible considering his likely production now in a greatly reduced role.  Yet it might be best for both parties involved at this point barring any opportunity to move him.  

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You might have some luck if you pick up 2 mill of his salary to help work out a trade over buying him out.

Might be better than having to send a high draft pick for another team to buy him out.

I hate to do Arizona a favor, but this might be the ideal situation for them.  After losing out on their 1st due to their own cheating now they can get one back (which they clearly need) and have an easier time getting to the salary floor.  Parise then gets bought out and then can go somewhere else, probably for minimal money.  

I'm not a fan of retained salary, but it might be another way to get him moved.  I am certainly not in favor of the Wild buying him out.  The big penalties will still be at a place and time that would hurt the club to make it worthwhile.  

• Like 1