Ristolainen to Flyers

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

The only ace in the hole i see, is he wants out and walks. That would be nice, but we arent that lucky

Ristolainen deciding to walk away from this situation would be a serious indictment of the entire organization's standing in the league.

I'm not saying that's wrong - but it c/sh/would be a clear shot across the bow of the Senior Hockey Advisors running the place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

I have to admit, I don' think hes going to be moved. Given the organization's reluctance to rebuild, they are not going to have a fire sale and start over. Then add in the price paid for Risto, the can't just dump him after one season. Lastly, based off that recent presser, this management group is making all kinds of excuses while blaming no one. The only ace in the hole i see, is he wants out and walks. That would be nice, but we arent that lucky

On a good note, I heard Risto wants to test the open market, so we we will be forced to trade him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

On a good note, I heard Risto wants to test the open market, so we we will be forced to trade him.

A terrible defenceman that the Flyers gave up a ton of assets to acquire, isn't interested in committing to re-signing with the Flyers.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm confident Fletch can get a 3rd for Risto and a 2nd.

Let's keep in mind, according to Fletcher the reason he paid such a high price was that other teams were offering a similar package but we had the highest first round pick, so we got him. So there are other stupid GMs out there that may give up a first.  Risto is playing exactly how he played in Buffalo, its not like his play regressed. He went from bad to bad ,so if they wanted him then, they may still want him. Unless the Buffalo GM lied and nobody wanted him and Fletcher fell for it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Let's keep in mind, according to Fletcher the reason he paid such a high price was that other teams were offering a similar package but we had the highest first round pick, so we got him. So there are other stupid GMs out there that may give up a first.  Risto is playing exactly how he played in Buffalo, its not like his play regressed. He went from bad to bad ,so if they wanted him then, they may still want him. Unless the Buffalo GM lied and nobody wanted him and Fletcher fell for it.

The Buffalo GM lied? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Well if there is an offer on the table for a 2nd I jump all over that the more this guy plays and scouts watch the value of that pick is quickly sliding south...TRADE HIM ASAP.

So help me gawd if Chuckles comes back and says "well we looked around and there was nothing that worked for us that made us better" and he is still on the team after the trade deadline I am going to loose my sh it....

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Remember, we're talking Schmuck Felcher here, so don't be surprised if he gives Ass-to-Mouth Stinktolainen a 7 year contract in the 7 million per year range, because he's dumb enough to do that......

Oh he's proven he's dumb enough to do that.

• Like 1

I doubt Ristolainen gets moved at the TD but even if he does Chuck "The Wizard" Fletcher will outbid that team to reacquire him this summer. What the hell he's used to bidding against himself that's how he got Ristolainen in the first place.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

3 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

No, pretty sure that's right and not a lie. There was apparently a bit of a bidding war. A number of teams felt he could be rehabilitated so to speak or fix his bad Buffalo habits. The general feeling was he was misused as a top pairing guy and could be turned into a solid second pairing D man. 

Tampa was after him a couple years back but Buffalo decided to hang on to him at that point. Probably the best move Tampa never made. 

He should still get a decent return in picks or prospects at the deadline. Maybe a 2nd and a 3rd the next year or a 2nd and a prospect that team is slightly soured on. A first back is unlikely I think.  

58 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

No, pretty sure that's right and not a lie. There was apparently a bit of a bidding war. A number of teams felt he could be rehabilitated so to speak or fix his bad Buffalo habits. The general feeling was he was misused as a top pairing guy and could be turned into a solid second pairing D man. 

Tampa was after him a couple years back but Buffalo decided to hang on to him at that point. Probably the best move Tampa never made. 

He should still get a decent return in picks or prospects at the deadline. Maybe a 2nd and a 3rd the next year or a 2nd and a prospect that team is slightly soured on. A first back is unlikely I think.  

We should try to get a top 15 1st round pick, a [edit, credit FC] TWO 2nd round picks, a 7th round pick, an experienced but young offensive defenseman, and a young and dependable stay-home defenseman  who can hit.

Because that's what they gave up for this stupid ###.

When you realize THAT's the package Chuckdafuk gave up for this 6'4", 215 lb, pile of dog[censored] it's hard not to puke.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

We should try to get a top 15 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick, a 7th round pick, an experienced but young offensive defenseman, and a young and dependable stay-home defenseman  who can hit.

Because that's what they gave up for this stupid ###.

When you realize THAT's the package Chuckdafuk gave up for this 6'4", 215 lb, pile of dog[censored] it's hard not to puke.

You forgot another 2nd round pick.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

It's ridiculous to think other GMs were chomping at the bit to get Ristolainen and so we had to out bid them.

Agreed.  And if they were, let them have him. Don't trade away 4 picks and 2 defensemen for this regurgitated bat dung.

• Like 2