AV fired!

Samifan

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

Lots of real hard feelings in here today. Rightfully so. Probably ly the first time I have agreed with every post. Maybe Pods will brave in and break the streak :hyper:

I sincerely hope this is the first domino

Until the players are held accountable, there's going to be a lot of justifiable hard feelings. Many of us, myself included, feel like nothing is going to change until the player core is broken up and shipped out. The core is grossly overpaid and rotten. Thanks to *ComcastScott Inc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Lots of real hard feelings in here today. Rightfully so. Probably ly the first time I have agreed with every post. Maybe Pods will brave in and break the streak :hyper:

I sincerely hope this is the first domino

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

Solid present till i realize Yeo is running the show...yikes.

Finally made 50....now i am officially old right???

This club is such a dumpster fire....spray some more accelerant on it...

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

Happy Birthday, friend!

I'm with you on the accelerant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

So, them firing AV today, is your fault!!

LOL.  Happy Birthday, OR!

• Haha 1

Just now, FD19372 said:

is your fault!!

Hey i needed so excitement on this momentous day and well they provided the fireworks right in time.

I wrote them last week and asked for them to hold off on this big day and well here we are...

...now i'm half a century old...

:beer: 

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

4 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

av haters will bring out the champagne, i will bring this out it when it does nothing:

il_794xN.3138020809_ralh.jpg

I feel like this is taking a bad situation and stepping further backwards.   I'd like to have seen what he could have done with a full squad and with better assistants.   We don't win a cup that way or anything -- the imbecile in the GM chair needs to do a better job for that to happen -- but we're probably stumbling along in a playoff position.   Not that that matters.   I guess the point to this ramble is I think we had the right HC and the wrong staff and GM.

And not to mention the pathetic little man behind the curtain mumbling "but...my Hartnell/Timonen trade was gud!"

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

HAPPY BDAY 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 🎁 

Welcome to the 50s, a place where I've done my best work

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I feel like this is taking a bad situation and stepping further backwards.   I'd like to have seen what he could have done with a full squad and with better assistants.   We don't win a cup that way or anything -- the imbecile in the GM chair needs to do a better job for that to happen -- but we're probably stumbling along in a playoff position.   Not that that matters.   I guess the point to this ramble is I think we had the right HC and the wrong staff and GM.

And not to mention the pathetic little man behind the curtain mumbling "but...my Hartnell/Timonen trade was gud!"

i mean like seriously what is going to take for av haters to understand that it's the players? like does this team have to go to buffalo territory for anyone to wake up?

• Like 3

So effing tired of this BS. Year after year it's exact same crap.  People in charge change, their roles change, players change, but nothing really changes with this organization.  There is no logic, no plan, no system, no nothing with them.....  I really think they would be better of selling the team and moving it someplace else.  We will feel crummy for a while, but will get over it considering the eternal frustration we will lose along with the Flyers.

The Flyers, as a franchise, are completely inept and incompetent.

• Good Post 2

Never have been a fan of AV so I'm not sad to see him gone. Not sure how Yeo survived but I hope the term interim is just that. 

Fletcher has to go next and bring in a GM that gets the new NHL and let him hire his own HC, then let the work on a rebuild begin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

So effing tired of this BS. Year after year it's exact same crap.  People in charge change, their roles change, players change, but nothing really changes with this organization.  There is no logic, no plan, no system, no nothing with them.....  I really think they would be better of selling the team and moving it someplace else.  We will feel crummy for a while, but will get over it considering the eternal frustration we will lose along with the Flyers.

This kind of stuff happen when you hire purely based on the basis of nepotism and cronyism crap. They have no real plan, other than to hire friends and family. Our fanbase needs to catch on. I mean, even though things didn't work out, in a way it was a miracle that their narrow minded *organizational a*ses went outside of it, to hire AV. That was a miracle in itself. Meanwhile, there are still the gullable fanbase eating it up and buying tickets, for this turd show.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Sadly (very sadly) this is spot on (very spot on).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Meanwhile, there are still the gullable fanbase eating it up and buying tickets, for this turd show.

Fewer and fewer.

You can get lower bowl on secondary market for less than face. They're selling 90% and have fewer than that attending...

They have managed to poison Philadelphia as a hockey market.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Sadly (very sadly) this is spot on (very spot on).

hate to say it but i hope they tank this year and maybe dave will get his out of his butt and actually accept this team needs a rebuild because that's where it's heading right now. probably the only chance of us winning a cup in 18 after blowing that, it's pretty much over after that.

Edited by tucson83

50 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I think this is desperation.  The talent isn't there, even upon return of the walking wounded.  This is grim. I feel badly for AV.  Yes, he will get salary and a likely rehire at some point.  But I think he was committed to bringing a Cup.  I don't think he had the horses to get there, and neither will his successor.  

Perversely, I hope the team continues to implode.  Maybe we pray and get a gamechanger in the draft.  Along those lines--time to go the Buffalo route and try to get picks and avoid the temptation to keep Risto aboard.

So....we fix goaltending for the first time in ages...to what end.  Really strange.

Best to all,

Howie

Clean house  and start tanking..G and Risto are UFA,  so the cap hit is not that big for the rest of the season, so it shouldn'tbe a problem to dump them. Coots is still on the last year of his $4 million contract,  so some teams can fit him in their cap, especially if they lose guys to injury . As far as Hayes and JVR, we are stuck with them.  We should get 3-4 assets for G and Coots.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Until the players are held accountable, there's going to be a lot of justifiable hard feelings. Many of us, myself included, feel like nothing is going to change until the player core is broken up and shipped out. The core is grossly overpaid and rotten. Thanks to *ComcastScott Inc.

This ^^^^^ x100

I have been saying this for years.  As I said before .. I'm done.  Will I watch games .....sure, but I no longer have any emotional attachment to this team. 

Just for giggles sake ...in case anyone GAF.  Our illustrious new coach's record...

image.png.e055459f568cb9dccbb28db7a9943f69.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

i mean like seriously what is going to take for av haters to understand that it's the players? 

When they continue to suck with whatever guy they hire next. I dont know why any respectable candidate would take the job

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Coots is still on the last year of his $4 million contract,  so some teams can fit him in their cap, especially if they lose guys to injury .

And about to start his $7+M extension...

• Uggh... 1