Flyers: State of the organization...

Digityman

On 1/14/2022 at 1:06 PM, flyercanuck said:

We all know if Philly drafted Bedard he'd get decapitated on a Greyhound bus by a mentally unstable guy less than a year into his NHL career.

Or he'd simply be Nolan Patrick 2.0.

Steve Coates was all but calling out Yandle last night.  He stopped himself short of saying he out-right sucked and has.   As much as I want to blame the players - and they aren't faultless - but it's on Yeo and Chuck as pointed out countless times.  

Do you think it's possible that when Chuck signed Yandle there was a "gentlemen's handshake" that he must remain in the lineup until he breaks the record regardless of his play?   That seems like the only reason that he is still on the ice.   I mean, he's worse than AMac ever was.

17 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

You'll be back.

It’s so bad, I’d almost rather watch Squid Games on a continous loop, than this Comcast Crap.  I won’t be committed to this team again, until Comcast either cleans house of Scott, Holmgren and others.. or sells the team to competent ownership that has a clue and desire to be truly competitive.

14 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Poor Al Morganti and Taryn Hatcher. They looked drunk and like thry’d rather be just about be anywhere else, after last night’s game.

She can come to my house anytime.   Al would have to wait for an invite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

Do you think it's possible that when Chuck signed Yandle there was a "gentlemen's handshake" that he must remain in the lineup until he breaks the record regardless of his play? 

I guess nothing had to be said because Yandle was brought in to help the PP, basically guaranteed him a roster spot. But I wonder how long Yeo plays him after he breaks the record. What is it 4 more games? Something like that.

edit: man you are so right he is like...unbelievably bad. Last night 2 turnovers with Jones pulled, 2 on the same shift. He may not be the Flyers biggest problem but he's certainly one of them.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

Ha.  That's true but they aren't going to get high enough to get a player that will make a difference in the next 2-3 years.   Prospects are a nice distraction though.

The only thing that sucks the most is they are about to finish very low in the standing maybe for the next two years and don't have a 2nd round pick in either draft coming up this year or next.

So yeah that should get the natives and little angry....that in my mind is what sucks they are terrible and another team is going to reap the benefits on two of those picks ah the travesty of it all.

And i applaud all the the fans who actually get in front of the TV to watch this slop...carry on.

:BrownBag:

Do you think it's possible that when Chuck signed Yandle there was a "gentlemen's handshake" that he must remain in the lineup until he breaks the record regardless of his play?   

Possible? It's the only reason there could possibly be. Well that and the team is run by morons.

Apologies to all the good morons.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Hayes leads the league in exD/60 (Expected Donuts Per 60 Minutes).

But let's wait a couple more years before deciding whether it was a good or bad contract.

They call that the Kessel Award.

23 hours ago, Digityman said:

Ha.  That's true but they aren't going to get high enough to get a player that will make a difference in the next 2-3 years.   Prospects are a nice distraction though.

Thats all there is to look forward to. Dreaming of a rebuild. BITFU.

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

He's amodern day Captain Tuttle.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Except his wages go to burritos and pre-game ether instead of an orphanage

image.jpeg.33dc09d0afe52fd5b0c90d1cfb95303b.jpeg

(LOL ... one  of my favorite episodes! ...LOL)

Edited by pilldoc

I accidentally took my game thread down for last night and didn't realize it until this morning.  Nobody put one up in its place.  That's an interesting comment on where we stand with the organization.

BTW, I was driving home from work when we were up 3-2.  My first thought turning on Sirius was that we'd find a way to lose. Sure enough, two minutes after turning on the radio...it's tied.  I knew we would lose once it went to the SO.  

Coates is a bit bombastic but knows his stuff.  He was calling out the defensive lineups late in the game, saying that he would double shift the top pairing. He was pissed our 2nd and 3rd were out against the Isles' top line.