Fletcher’s presser this Wednesday

Samifan

4 hours ago, radoran said:

"Lawn" - lol - wait'll you see South Philadelphia...

You think if we barrelled a ceremonial cask of bourbon now to drink when they win the Cup again it would be younger or older than Pappy van Winkle Family Reserve when finally tapped?

2 years away from being two years older

:zorro:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Podein25 said:

The Jones EDM thing is just a rumour. Elliotte Friedman just mentioned Jones as a possible fix in net for the Oilers.

He could have just as easily mentioned Rux as a possible fix. I mean, could it hurt? "Now in net for the Oilers, "Nasty Bear" 

I'm younger than Smith and can probably stay healthy longer than him (I think I could make it to 45 minutes).

I have absolutely no faith this management can turn this around in any amount of time.

I wish I could just quit cheering for them.....but I can't.

Fletcher has no business being a GM.

Clarke and Holmgren have no business being management.

I came home and watched the presser on YouTube.  I also watched the Top Shelf Hockey episode which covered it.  I agree with the presenter (don't know his name) that it appeared that only four players--Coots, Farabee, Ellis, and I believe Frost, were mentioned as a core.  He was surprised that Provorov and Hart, among others, were not in the mix.  His observation has merit.  I guess all options might mean more than we give credit for.

On another front, Scott recognized that the product is impacting attendance but hinted that the city's COVID restrictions also hurt.  Well, one piece online said that was unlikely.  The Sixers are number 2 in the league in attendance at 20,000 plus.  Same city, same venue.  It is the product, unless you assume Sixer and Flyer fans have different views of the restrictions or group congregation (which might be the case).  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What Chuckie means here  is, just when you Flyer fans think you're going to get a top 5 pick I'm going to trade our 1st rounder for a 30 something player that will get us juuuuusssst out of playoff contention. But you'll get 7 years of hating that contract I'm going to sign him to. 

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Uggh... 1

5 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I came home and watched the presser on YouTube.  I also watched the Top Shelf Hockey episode which covered it.  I agree with the presenter (don't know his name) that it appeared that only four players--Coots, Farabee, Ellis, and I believe Frost, were mentioned as a core.  He was surprised that Provorov and Hart, among others, were not in the mix.  His observation has merit.  I guess all options might mean more than we give credit for.

On another front, Scott recognized that the product is impacting attendance but hinted that the city's COVID restrictions also hurt.  Well, one piece online said that was unlikely.  The Sixers are number 2 in the league in attendance at 20,000 plus.  Same city, same venue.  It is the product, unless you assume Sixer and Flyer fans have different views of the restrictions or group congregation (which might be the case).  

So Ellis, he of the FOUR game Flyer career, is core, but the goalie we've been waiting for FOUR F***ing DECADES for isn't? 

Of course he's not. 

So the guy he gave the 7 year $7 million to isn't his core (thank God).

So the guy he traded Ghost, a 1st, 2-2nds a 7th and Hagg for isn't his core (thank God). 

And this ^^^ is the GM you're going with?!?

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

Dave Scott is a passionless, soulless suit concerned with nothing more than financial spreadsheets and his own job.  He doesn’t have a deep-rooted, innate desire to see this team win other than to improve his metrics and preserve his job.  He does not inspire.  This is a business, not a passion, for him.  He’s not a hockey guy.  The players know this.  They don’t respect him or the organization.  It wouldn’t surprise me that the players don’t respect anyone in management either, including Fletcher, Clarke and Holmgren.  Don blame them, really.  

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

8 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Excellent post Howie. Good points

8 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Fantastic post.  He said Ellis?  That's disturbing.   Also disturbing is the noticeable omission of Provy and Hart.   Management has completely lost their minds.  

• Like 1

Just now, ruxpin said:

Fantastic post.  He said Ellis?  That's disturbing.   Also disturbing is the noticeable omission of Provy and Hart.   Management has completely lost their minds.  

This year's trade deadline and offseason is going to be the most entertaining in years because people are just waiting to see how bad Schmuck shits the bed with regards to his "retool". This is going to be an unmitigated disaster. Enjoy the show because it's going to be a spectacular crash.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1
  • Sad 1