Zamboni Lawsuit from McCrossin and Raffa

Howie58

Greetings:

I posted this is my Game 77 thread, but it is a sad and strange angle to a disastrous season:

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2022/04/flyers-trainers-sue-comcast-others-after-cancer-diagnoses-allegedly-resulting-from-zamboni-chemicals-in-voorhees-practice-facility.html

Obviously, we can't speak to the merits of the case.  That said, it is a bummer for the individuals involved

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I feel sadness for Raffa and McCrossin . Those blood cancers sound scary and the word terminal heightens that emotion. 

I feel especially sad for the Raffa and McCrossin families.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samifan said:

Thanks Howie, I was just going to post this. Just when we thought the organization couldn’t be embarrassed any further, this shoe drops.

What a mess. 

Could be the event that proceeds a mass firing and organizational rebuild. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 3

Well this just sucks. I can easily imagine the allegations against Comcast are all true…of course there’s always the “on the other hand” side. 

One thing did strike me a bit odd as I read the story and that is that the arena is still using gas-powered Zambonis. I’ve only seen 1 up close and it was years ago and it ran on propane. It never occurred to me there were gasoline engines in those things. Anyway, no big point, just made me wonder. 

Truly, if the training staff brought the "smell" or "potential for contamination" up  via official corporate channels, (read:email or written) and it was ignored...By multiple versions of the front office staff ?

Could really be an ugly chapter in the history of the team. 

It could be used as an excuse to fire all the things

download.jpg

as it is all of us are This Is Fine GIF

Edited by mojo1917
  • Good Post 1

With a gasoline engine idling in the next room, who knows for how long, I can’t believe no one brought up the subject of exhaust fumes. Unless the walls are concrete I’m sure the smell of exhaust fumes were everywhere. And even concrete is permeable it can’t keep out gases for very long. 

Ugh what a fkdup thing to happen to those poor guys. 

This made it to the last "Top Shelf Hockey" episode on YouTube.  In the old days, the franchise had one of the best reputations in the league.  Between our on-ice product and this episode (not sure what to call it), you have to wonder about our standing.  

• Like 2

Genuine question- why aren't the zambonis all electric by now? I simply assumed they would already be in operation by now. Electric forklifts have been around for a long time so it's not like the technology to make that sort of weight vehicle electric is a problem. 

• Like 1

OMG....did Bobby Clarke really say "It's not my fault he got cancer" on a live mic when covering the Nielsen issue??!!...... Oh My.

What a freaking idiot.

I was -6 years old when they won those cups. Bob Clarke means NOTHING to me....I remember him most for what he did with the most PROLIFIC Flyer player EVER to lace up. #88.

#88 (and #10 and #19. and...) is why I'm a Flyers Fan! NOT because bobby clarke hacked and slashed his way to two cups! And he was a D*ck head then.... and appears to be a d*ckhead now!

WHat do we say around here??

#Lather, rinse, repeat.....

STOP LIVING IN THE 70's!!!!!

CLEAN HOUSE OF ALL THINGS RIGHT NOW!!!!

time to move on. Just like we did from G.

Edited by MaineFlyFan
  • Like 4
  • Uggh... 1

37 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

OMG....did Bobby Clarke really say "It's not my fault he got cancer" on a live mic when covering the Nielsen issue??!!...... Oh My.

He did indeed utter those words. It was his response to a question asked of him during an interview or team press conference. 😩

• Uggh... 1

2 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

What a freaking idiot.

I was -6 years old when they won those cups. Bob Clarke means NOTHING to me....I remember him most for what he did with the most PROLIFIC Flyer player EVER to lace up. #88.

#88 (and #10 and #19. and...) is why I'm a Flyers Fan! NOT because bobby clarke hacked and slashed his way to two cups! And he was a D*ck head then.... and appears to be a d*ckhead now!

WHat do we say around here??

#Lather, rinse, repeat.....

STOP LIVING IN THE 70's!!!!!

CLEAN HOUSE OF ALL THINGS RIGHT NOW!!!!

time to move on. Just like we did from G.

He did say that about Nielson. 

But he didn't just hack and slash his way...he was very skilled and played with as much passion as anyone I've ever seen. Best faceoff man the Flyers ever had. Invented "Gretzkys office" behind the net. If the Flyers needed a goal, he was out there. Shorthanded? Best player in the league, bar none. 

I'm not knocking Lindros, but if Clarke had his size, or he had Clarkes hockey IQ, the Flyers may well have had the greatest player ever. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

7 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Most being built today are alternative fuel models.  But, the simple answer is cost.  As, electric zambonis can be $50k or more than the price of gas powered models.

Considering the sort of money involved in pro hockey this seems like unnecessary penny pinching. If this lawsuit has any merit it would likely result in an "electric only by <date>" mandate from the league

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

On 4/24/2022 at 12:11 PM, FireDillabaugh said:

You speak a lot about what you clearly have no idea about.  Just ridiculous comments.

Nice dog.....

Mojo's cat is WAY better.....wears a lei.

Welcome to the forum. I enjoy NOT reading your content. About 3,000 characters too long.

Carry on and feel free to ignore my content too! 👍

Edited by MaineFlyFan
  • Like 2