Is Fletcher close to being fired?

Fizz

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

God I wish they'd gut the front office before they do anything else 

The key thing for this franchise, I think we need to make sure that we’re drafting well, we’re developing well, and we’re continuing to add to our pipeline of young players,” Fletcher said. “There probably hasn’t been enough of a push from that angle over the last few years. And I think we have an opportunity here to add a few more assets. We’ve seen some kids this year, and I think we have a chance next year. And I think that’s the best way to build. That’s a tried-and-true method.”

Gee, who ever thought this was a good idea?

So the chucktard wants to get younger, he wants Couturier back, he wants to draft young guys after trading away a handful of picks and he wants to sign  UFA's. And he wants to keep everyone that has term. And that is tried and true. That about covers it. WTF are they teaching at Ivy league schools ? Is this what you get? This guy is dumb as a tree for someone who is supposed to be smart.

• Like 3

With the Chychryn to Ottawa trade there have now been 7,293 draft picks traded in the last 2 weeks and Chuck Fletcher, who's now building through the draft and going with youth after trading away lots of his draft picks has stockpiled "future considerations" from one team. 

And STILL has his job.

• Thanks 1

The title of this thread should be changed to is Fletcher Alive and breathing?

Flurry of trades already, most teams already addressed their needs, enter Schmuck. Day late and a dollar short!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Flurry of trades already, most teams already addressed their needs, enter Schmuck. Day late and a dollar short!!

I blame Hextall.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Yep I’ve thinking this all day….Paging the Flyers ’ GM what the hell are you waiting for?

I bet he’s holding out on JVR, maybe Hayes too. He can’t understand why all he’s getting are lowball offers. It’s a reality check for ol’ Fletch but unfortunately for Flyers’ fans it won’t register. Friday afternoon he’ll be mumbling about lack of trading partners offering proper “value.” 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I blame Flyer propaganda, low lazy goalie glove hands, incompetent coaching, and suite ticket sales! :ph34r: 

I blame their team vending machines.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

With the Chychryn to Ottawa trade there have now been 7,293 draft picks traded in the last 2 weeks and Chuck Fletcher, who's now building through the draft and going with youth after trading away lots of his draft picks has stockpiled "future considerations" from one team. 

And STILL has his job.

It's probably safe to say now anyone doing a deal with Chuckles IS dumpster diving for real.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I was thinking the same thing.

If Fletcher doesn't get fired by year end, I really have no idea where this franchise will end up!

I’m at the point where I hope the other 31 GMs don’t even trade with Chuck. I hope they openly laugh at his offers and flat out refuse him and he’s left to stew in this fetid mess he created with few ways out of it. I want him and the team to tout the ratcliffe “trade” as their marquee move of the TDL and then say “trading is hard” again. 

Edited by mkscrewy
  • Haha 1

Chuck has emerged from his bunker!! After not being sure he was alive until a few days ago, the artist formerly known as the Flyers have traded Joel Farabee to the Pittsburgh Penguins, for a 2nd round pick. (Hextall would be one of the GMs dumb enough to do a deal with Chuckles, of course.) Pop the champagne corks! Hearing rumors of JVR going to Vegas, but I'm not sure they're substantiated and factual.

47 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Chuck has emerged from his bunker!! After not being sure he was alive until a few days ago, the artist formerly known as the Flyers have traded Joel Farabee to the Pittsburgh Penguins, for and a 2nd round pick. For future considerations.

FIFY

• Like 2