What happened to Flyers fans?

icehole

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

WTH ...... seriously???  Every player should have a dream of playing for the SCF.  By him wanting to stay her means to me he has no competitive spirit.  I don't want him .....I will drive him to his new destination .......

He'd rather coast have no pressure and continue to be a lower.

A rich loser of course.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Stupid phone!!!

5 hours ago, radoran said:

"Your way" already has them halfway to two decades of losing...

so staying in the lottery for 3 decades is the better way rather than clearing up cap space and try to bring in stars for these young players to get this team over the hump? really shows how much you care for these young players because you have hate and bitterness towards the fo. you want them to fail and you want the young players that want to win more than you to fail as well.

24 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

so staying in the lottery for 3 decades is the better way rather than clearing up cap space and try to bring in stars for these young players to get this team over the hump? really shows how much you care for these young players because you have hate and bitterness towards the fo. you want them to fail and you want the young players that want to win more than you to fail as well.

I'll speak from my perspective, although your post wasn't directed at me. I just wanted this team to tank for one bleeping year, and they flat out ruined it, by bringing in a good coach. I'm another guy who's bitter toward the front office, and not just this year, going back to the Lindros years. Their philosophies are almost consistently wrong, outdated and behind the times. Anyway IF they can SOMEHOW get Bedard, and they never have to tank again...like that Philly pro basketball team did, that's all I want. A superstar player. A superstar player, to build around again. (Maybe this time, Clarke won't p*ss off his star player's parents. LOL.) I don't want the Flyers to have to tank, year after year. JUST THIS ONE.

I know...what's basketball? :bigteeth:

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 2
  • Good Post 1

18 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

I'm sorry. This is factually ridiculous and completely detached from reality.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Good Post 2

34 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

so staying in the lottery for 3 decades

Did you really just type that?  No one and and I mean no one on here every advocated for 30 years of tanking.  Talk about over exaggerating.  Seriously ....just stop this nonsense now.

37 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

bring in stars for these young players to get this team over the hump?

Begin by answering these questions that you keep dodging .....

1) What players or shall I player has the makings of building a winning culture or who has has the capability of playing at a super star level?

2) From FC: What are you trading for "top end pieces"? Who's trading you "top end pieces"? Who are the "top end pieces"

Again from FC ...

Your genius managements idea of "top end pieces" is Hayes, Ristolainen, Deangelo, who they're now trying to dump cause they finally realize they suck. But they're overpaid so good luck, unless the Flyers eat some salary. And you think this is good management?  (Your own words said the FO was not at fault ...shall I direct you to your own post?)

51 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

clearing up cap space

explain all these ridiculous contracts ....no one was holding a gun to Fletch as he made these horrible deals.  Management and Ownership has everything to do with the debacle the Flyers are in.  Hexy got them out of Cap hell and Fletch and company got them right back into.

You do realize this current FO created this debacle ........

This team is NOT getting superstars or the appropriate supporting staff via trade or free agency ...just drop that fallacy you have ......

2 hours ago, tucson83 said:

so staying in the lottery for 3 decades is the better way rather than clearing up cap space and try to bring in stars for these young players to get this team over the hump?

Get this team over the hump?  Lol, you could bring the Legion of Doom back and they wouldn't win a playoff round.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Did you really just type that?  No one and and I mean no one on here every advocated for 30 years of tanking.  Talk about over exaggerating.  Seriously ....just stop this nonsense now.

Begin by answering these questions that you keep dodging .....

1) What players or shall I player has the makings of building a winning culture or who has has the capability of playing at a super star level?

2) From FC: What are you trading for "top end pieces"? Who's trading you "top end pieces"? Who are the "top end pieces"

Again from FC ...

Your genius managements idea of "top end pieces" is Hayes, Ristolainen, Deangelo, who they're now trying to dump cause they finally realize they suck. But they're overpaid so good luck, unless the Flyers eat some salary. And you think this is good management?  (Your own words said the FO was not at fault ...shall I direct you to your own post?)

explain all these ridiculous contracts ....no one was holding a gun to Fletch as he made these horrible deals.  Management and Ownership has everything to do with the debacle the Flyers are in.  Hexy got them out of Cap hell and Fletch and company got them right back into.

You do realize this current FO created this debacle ........

This team is NOT getting superstars or the appropriate supporting staff via trade or free agency ...just drop that fallacy you have ......

alright, what do you want fletch to do when he got here, just play the kids, how does that make sense when you have giroux and jake on this team you are not going to win anything that way, that's what he was trying to do. he couldnt get rid of them, no one wanted them.

your complaining of the moves, it wouldnt have happen, if hextall made the moves for ror and dougie and gave giroux a cup, how is that fletchers fault? again you dont hold hextall to any accountability because he's your hero and nothing else. how is it working out in pittsburgh? fans want him gone already.

yeah it is on hextall because he drafted these players and didnt make the moves to get them over the top. stop defending him.

Edited by tucson83

11 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

alright, what do you want fletch to do when he got here, just play the kids, how does that make sense when you have giroux and jake on this team you are not going to win anything that way, that's what he was trying to do. he couldnt get rid of them, no one wanted them.

your complaining of the moves, it wouldnt have happen, if hextall made the moves for ror and dougie and gave giroux a cup, how is that fletchers fault? again you dont hold hextall to any accountability because he's your hero and nothing else. how is it working out in pittsburgh? fans want him gone already.

yeah it is on hextall because he drafted these players and didnt make the moves to get them over the top. stop defending him.

You keep dodging the questions….

I’m done with you…..

• Like 3

The Rangers have seven guys over 30. One is their backup goalie. None of them are defenders.

Two of them they just acquired.

They are long term committed to three of them.

That's how you position yourself to acquire talent to bolster youth.

You don't build around players who are 28-32, you add those types of players to the foundation you built.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tucson83 said:

No one wanted them. And yet there they both are playing for other teams.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

No one wanted them. And yet there they both are playing for other teams.

Hextall also didn't trade for Voracek or dump everything and the kitchen sink on Giroux.

But if Hextall, Voracek, and Giroux were the problem, it's not seeming like Fletcher, Atkinson, and Couturier are the solution...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, radoran said:

Hextall also didn't trade for Voracek or dump everything and the kitchen sink on Giroux.

But if Hextall, Voracek, and Giroux were the problem, it's not seeming like Fletcher, Atkinson, and Couturier are the solution...

You people and your logic.

Anthony Gargano, the midday host of 97.5 The Fanatic, advocated for Comcast to sell the team today. 97.5 is the flagship station of the Philadelphia Flyers. “The Best Show Ever?” on the afternoon slot shut down any conversation about Comcast the other day. “I have got to start with the Flyers. What we saw last night, with the Rangers Fans taking over the building is one of the low points. When we think of the low points of this franchise, this is a low point. SELL THE TEAM, SELL IT! SELL THIS TEAM. TAKE IT OUT OF JAIL. TAKE IT OUT OF COMCAST JAIL! SELL IT! SELL THE MOTHER FATHER! They have systematically destroyed this team. Destroyed it. Chuck Fletcher is Kevorkian. Put it to bed, and revive it. It is embarrassing. On a night where Ranger fans take over the build… And don’t let anyone blame the fans. I don’t want to hear that at all. This is disgraceful what has happened to the Flyers. I mourn the death of the Flyers. I miss the Flyers. Over the last couple of days, I have been thinking a lot about them, and I miss them. This is a disgrace what is happening. And the only reason why it hasn’t been a louder cry is because of the obvious. The Phillies, the Eagles, and all the drama with the Sixers. That is the only reason why the Flyers haven’t had a larger bullseye from anyone who actually still cares about them. Choonis and I actually care about them. But I don’t know if anybody cares… That is what I mourn. I wonder if we give a damn anymore. If that ownership group has completely destroyed hockey in Philadelphia. It’s ridiculously continued maleficence. The only thing they got right was the coach. Unfortunately, the coach who tells you the truth really isn’t the right guy for this job. They need to have a little bit of a pulse for him to shock them into contention…But they don’t have the talent to do that. They can’t even get a rebuild right… I don’t blame the fans. If you are a Flyer fan, why would you pay money to go see that team? They stink, There is no future, and they blow. And then you have to hear the GM say that they are the 5th most improved team. What a crock of nonense.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He’s right. What’s happened to the Flyers since Fletcher but really since before Ed Snider passed away is disgraceful. Obviously Comcast doesn’t give a rat’s ass about the Flyers. If they did they would’ve shitcanned the entire front office long ago, when they proved themselves either incapable or unwilling to evaluate the team objectively. Instead they kept bullshitting the fans every year that they’re contenders, ready to go on a deep PO run. 

edit: hey at least the Philly media - some of it anyway - is catching on. 

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Anthony Gargano, the midday host of 97.5 The Fanatic, advocated for Comcast to sell the team today. 97.5 is the flagship station of the Philadelphia Flyers. “The Best Show Ever?” on the afternoon slot shut down any conversation about Comcast the other day. “I have got to start with the Flyers. What we saw last night, with the Rangers Fans taking over the building is one of the low points. When we think of the low points of this franchise, this is a low point. SELL THE TEAM, SELL IT! SELL THIS TEAM. TAKE IT OUT OF JAIL. TAKE IT OUT OF COMCAST JAIL! SELL IT! SELL THE MOTHER FATHER! They have systematically destroyed this team. Destroyed it. Chuck Fletcher is Kevorkian. Put it to bed, and revive it. It is embarrassing. On a night where Ranger fans take over the build… And don’t let anyone blame the fans. I don’t want to hear that at all. This is disgraceful what has happened to the Flyers. I mourn the death of the Flyers. I miss the Flyers. Over the last couple of days, I have been thinking a lot about them, and I miss them. This is a disgrace what is happening. And the only reason why it hasn’t been a louder cry is because of the obvious. The Phillies, the Eagles, and all the drama with the Sixers. That is the only reason why the Flyers haven’t had a larger bullseye from anyone who actually still cares about them. Choonis and I actually care about them. But I don’t know if anybody cares… That is what I mourn. I wonder if we give a damn anymore. If that ownership group has completely destroyed hockey in Philadelphia. It’s ridiculously continued maleficence. The only thing they got right was the coach. Unfortunately, the coach who tells you the truth really isn’t the right guy for this job. They need to have a little bit of a pulse for him to shock them into contention…But they don’t have the talent to do that. They can’t even get a rebuild right… I don’t blame the fans. If you are a Flyer fan, why would you pay money to go see that team? They stink, There is no future, and they blow. And then you have to hear the GM say that they are the 5th most improved team. What a crock of nonense.”

Sadly, these rants are what cause the country club hockey ops to dig in their ignorant, arrogant stubborn asses. They will do whatever it takes to protect and nurture their little old boys club. I am afraid only their earthly demise will ever cause a proper retooling of the Flyers hockey ops. I don't mean to be right or wrong here, but if it wasn't so, would they not have blown this up by now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

I am afraid only their earthly demise will ever cause a proper retooling of the Flyers hockey ops. I

The trouble is there’s more than one. Who is the most stubborn, the most “stuck on stupid” of the bunch, and if he goes would that be enough? I wish I knew.

I am seriously glad the sports radio guys in Philly are talking about it though…I could be wrong-  I don’t live there - but I think that’s a big change?