Chuck, “We’re selling” proceeds to make zero trades.

Samifan

So let me get this straight .....A team that "needs" to sell has yet to make a move .....and there is 3 hours to go.

What the hell is Fletch waiting for .... personal invitation and special permission to make a trade. 

This FO is so screwed it will take years to fix this team .........

3 hours ago, sarsippius said:

Well I thought maybe since I've been out of the loop I must have just missed hearing about all these future-changing trades that are going to be the pivot point for the organizational turnaround.....

All those years we (rightly) complained about wasting the future to rent an expiring contract at the deadline, at least you could see the organization was trying to win.

Hextall's rebuild with ripping down the salary cap prison he inherited and stocking up picks and trying to build from the farm up, at least you could see the organization was trying to build a competitive team. Then Chuck parachutes in....

Now? We got nothing. We have coach that I couldn't stand for 15 years before he got here. We have Chuck. And have Comcast who, like it or not, pretty much stayed out of hockey while Mr Snider was alive. There is no desire from ownership to win, aside from the affect it has on the bottom line. And this is what we get, purgatory. A building filled to the brim with stinkin' Rags fans. The Detroit Lions of hockey is where we're headed.

STH for 30 years, former STH that is, I see no reason to go back, I already pay the cable company too much money for a subpar product.

Great to see you back .... we have missed you around these parts ......

And yes your post is spot on ........

• Like 1

image.png.66e5a2abbaceeceaceb5ada176f70e79.png

From FC ....this says it all....for a very deep draft in years and this all this FO has to show for it.  I HATE this FO. 

Come on @tucson83 where are these great trades you keep talking about?  Who are you trading to get all these star studded players to build around?  What draft picks are you willing to give up to get these players.  Better yet what players are you willing to drop to create cap space for these start studded players?

You talk a good game but you have proven nothing ....absolutely nothing.  Your posts are as empty as air-pumps drained of air full of words with no meaning.

The fact of the matter is this .....

In short, it boils down to the fact that the Flyers don’t have the kind of assets that other teams believe deserve to be prioritized. They’re either fallback rentals, or veterans that would require the kind of complex negotiations that don’t usually go down at the deadline.

It would be a failure of epic proportions on the part of the Flyers front office for JvR — who is very much not in the organization’s future plans — to still be in Philadelphia come the weekend.

Fletcher is incompetent. His results as a GM speak for themselves. He was brought in to get the Flyers to the next level, a level above where Hexy had led them too. How’s that going ? Now we hear a pivot to “chipping”away at all the mistakes this idiot has made. I’m not sure who’s more inept the guy who’s running the show or the guy who hired him. This team sucks, but for some reason Fletcher basically wants to run it back. The Flyers are in store for more nights like Wednesday when the other teams fans can come in and take over the building. This once proud organization is a effing  joke and as Torts alluded too are no longer a respected team….great job by the morons in charge….truly embarrassing.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

So Chuck sends out McKewen and picks up yet another douchebag in Brendan Lemieux plus a 5th rounder plus another $400,000 on the cap. Lemieux will also be adding his 0 goals and 3 assists to the juggernaut Flyer offence.

image.jpeg.13cd646a13b426f7ebdd2b40781a01b0.jpeg

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

So Chuck sends our McKewen and picks up yet another douchebag in Brendan Lemieux plus a 5th rounder plus an another $400,000 on the cap. 

Brendan Lemieux ..... LOL 

The bottom line is this: other GMs across the league don’t respect Fletcher as a deal maker. Look at the movement of Ghost, DeAngelo, and Risto and you see a guy who overpays and undersells because he never demonstrated the basic competency at player evaluation.

Teams know they can get players from Fletcher for next to nothing because he’ll be trading out of desperation. My guess is the higher-ups can see the seething indifference from the fan base and Fletcher will not be making any moves for the Flyers when the season is done. He’s already done enough damage to the franchise, hence the lack of moves we are seeing at the trade deadline ......

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

So Chuck sends out McKewen and picks up yet another douchebag in Brendan Lemieux plus a 5th rounder plus another $400,000 on the cap. Lemieux will also be adding his 0 goals and 3 assists to the juggernaut Flyer offence.

Took on more than 500K in extra cap space and for that best he could do was get a 5th for a UFA.

SMFH.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

A good GM would trade Laughton. Lesser players are garnering 1st rounders. It's not like he's going to help this pathetic joke of a festering dumpster fire pile of fecal matter of a franchise.

He'll be the next #legendary captain.

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

So the Kings are in "go for it" mode and gave up a draft pick to get rid of a guy.

And Chuck bought.

And helped them out cap wise.

Someone wake me from this nightmare!

Just now, Mad Dog said:

Brendan Lemieux????

Are you friggin' kidding me?

The mouth breathers on Facebook (no offense to people from the second largest city in Arizona) are all "poor Brendan" and "and a 5th!?"

Most of them have apparently had a couple fifths.

I wish this were a joke.

Hieroglyphic for joke:

Flyers-Emblem.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Math said:

Good Lord, this is awful...

Someone has to do something, no franchise and no fanbase deserve that. :confused[1]:

I always knew I liked you.

I'd cheer for your Stars out of respect, but everyone here will tell you that won't turn out well for them.

Before i became a Flyers fan I was a huge fan of Enron.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I always knew I liked you.

I'd cheer for your Stars out of respect, but everyone here will tell you that won't turn out well for them.

Before i became a Flyers fan I was a huge fan of Enron.

Ken Lay and Enron would have been a better team owner, than Comcast and Dave Scott. #fact :bigteeth:

• Like 2