Chuck, “We’re selling” proceeds to make zero trades.

Samifan

2 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Chuck was clearly exasperated and looking for a little sympathy when he said “I called all 17 teams.”

"Hi, this is Chuck..."

"New phone. Who dis?"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Chuck was clearly exasperated and looking for a little sympathy when he said “I called all 17 teams.”

How far they have fallen. Maybe all this is karma for giving up on two home grown kids just because they had an issue partying and a addiction to pills.

Shipped them out of town instead of helping them.

Man I miss how exciting this season was regardless of them winning it all.

It was good hockey - to me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

How far they have fallen. Maybe all this is karma for giving up on two home grown kids just because they had an issue partying and a addiction to pills.

Shipped them out of town instead of helping them.

It was good hockey - to me.

Yes I remembering travelling from Sudbury, Ontario to Philly for game 4 of the 2010 Stanley Cup finals against Chicago, the atmosphere in the building that night was unbelievable and unforgettable. It's sad what this organization has become.

• Good Post 1

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

The season was frustrating as hell. 

The playoffs were fun, though. I'll give you that.

I'll take any of it over this current abortion of a franchise.

• Like 1

To me, Brendan Lemieux was an exclamation point. I would actually be fine if Fletch didn't make *any* trades. I mean... I would be disappointed that the rebuilding team didn't try to acquire some picks, but at the end I would be OK.  But acquiring Brendan Lemieux, who is NOT going to play more than 2 minutes a game in Tortorella's system (or any reasonable coach's system for that matter) was an ultimate, final  **** you to the fans. There was zero sense in making this trade.  This trade was plain offensive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

The season was frustrating as hell. 

I enjoyed it besides the carousel in goal.

If Emery would have stayed healthy Flyers win the Cup that year i just know it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I enjoyed it besides the carousel in goal.

If Emery would have stayed healthy Flyers win the Cup that year i just know it.

I think people remember the goalie thing and the playoffs and tend to forget how excruciatingly frustrating and inconsistent the team itself was. The laissez faire "it's just one game" and "we'll turn a switch" attitude.  They got in winning a shootout they typically sucked at even back then.  They were infuriating.

1000 chances I'll take that over this team the last 5 years they time. Every. Single. Time.

The playoffs were fun. The regular season was excruciating. It really wasn't just the goalies (that didn't help).

That said. You have Carter Hart or even Corey Hart in goal (Corey's Canadian. You don't know!) we're going to a parade.

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I think people remember the goalie thing and the playoffs and tend to forget how excruciatingly frustrating and inconsistent the team itself was. The laissez faire "it's just one game" and "we'll turn a switch" attitude.  They got in winning a shootout they typically sucked at even back then.  They were infuriating.

1000 chances I'll take that over this team the last 5 years they time. Every. Single. Time.

The playoffs were fun. The regular season was excruciating. It really wasn't just the goalies (that didn't help).

That said. You have Carter Hart or even Corey Hart in goal (Corey's Canadian. You don't know!) we're going to a parade.

But a lot of that up and down play was the lacking of solid goaltending though I remembered a talented top 4 D and 3 solid lines and an effective 4th line that played like a 4th line was supposed to play.

Pronger leading the way with a 50+ point season and two 30 point seasons from Kimmo and Carle.

Being lead by 2 30 goal scoring centers.

And then G and JVR chipping in in their early 20s.

Boucher was not very good when he played except till the last game of the season and it took Leighton punching above his weight to shoulder the load that finally broke down in the Finals.

Sure that season wasn't the 1986 Edmonton Oilers but it was gritty grind it out hockey.

Loved it.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:51 PM, pilldoc said:

Oh my freaking gawd…. Are you that freaking dense. I’ve been open for a complete rebuild and tear down for months.   YOU are the one who lobbied for making trades because… according to your words… a .500 level team who  needed to trade for superstars to get this team over the hump. 

You completely flip flopped on your POV. Don’t deny it… I can pull your posts if you liked.

YOUR words stated… It is not the FO or management fault. I can pull that post also….

My post was pure sarcasm to your ridiculous statements…. 

What I wanted was for this FO to make moves in ridding this team of dead weight and clearing cap space all the while gaining and stockpiling draft picks…This idiotic FO did neither…..

Flip flopping positions proves you are talking out both sides of your mouth and that you really don’t have any credibility to your posts….

you know what your problem is, you are not happy about anything this fo does, all you want to do is complain about everything because it's not done your way, too bad. i swear if this team traded for mcdavid and matthews, you would still be miserble about that because we traded away picks which for some reason you just hate the fo doing.

you are not going to happy no matter what the fo does even if we did win the cup because it's not the done your way.

• Haha 2
  • Uggh... 1

17 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

You know what your problem is, this team is horrible, the GM is an idiot, the entire front office is just an old boys club who doesn't have a clue what they're doing,

and you do? all you talk about is picks, what you dont talk about is players, what players do you want in the draft then?

Edited by tucson83

1 minute ago, tucson83 said:

and you do? all you talk about is picks, what you dont talk about is players, what players do you want in the draft then?

I'm pretty confident my goldfish could run a team better than it's being run. They fired the guy who cleared cap, loaded up on draft capital, then replaced him with a guy who traded away picks, blew the cap and has the team in decline. How you don't think this is a bad thing I have no idea.

Clearly it matters where we pick. I mean I WANT Bedard. I'd be happy with Fantilli. But we'll probably end up picking 6-10. 

4 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

@flyercanuck

I'm clearly blocked. So use names like Manny Trillo, Ron Cey, Olga Korbut, and Bill Russell.   He won't know the difference.

Make sure to mention that for certain Olga Korbut is the next Matts Sundin but more multi-positional.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

all you talk about is picks

Not true. Sometimes FC talks about fishing for halibut on the open seas in his car-boat, whilst watching game 6 of the 1974 Stanley Cup finals on the 72' plasma TV strapped to the mast. Avast, mateys!

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Not true. Sometimes FC talks about fishing for halibut on the open seas in his car-boat, whilst watching game 6 of the 1974 Stanley Cup finals on the 72' plasma TV strapped to the mast. Avast, mateys!

Come on...I haven't talked about that in hours.

Tried of hearing Chuck say it’s really hard to move money. I just venmo’d my son $250 for college expenses and found it relatively easy. One click of a button actually. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Tried of hearing Chuck say it’s really hard to move money.

The Stars moved Khudobin - which was widely regarded as nigh impossible.

The idea that NO ONE was interested in an expiring half price contract on a 20-goal scorer seems... Unlikely.

More likely no one will deal with the Flyers on nothing significant.

Fletch has acquired two injured players and heavily overpaid for another.