Danny Briere: Flyers’ New GM Says ‘Rebuild,’ Welcomes the Challenge

On 6/24/2023 at 3:15 PM, FD19372 said:

Maybe you're right. It could be that I still a bit traumatized, and recovering, from the Chuck Fletcher years.

We all will be, for many years to come, for some, permanent damage has resulted LOL and/or UGH

• Uggh... 1

Maybe Briere still gets it done if he can find a 3rd team that Krug will accept. Barring that it sounds like it ain’t happening.

I’m glad Krug has no interest in signing with the Flyers; the last thing they need is a 32-year old with 3 (?) years left on his expensive contract.

4 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Kevin Hayes :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

He was coveted by Vigneault, and the Flyers brass threw their old coach, for lack of a better term today.. a bone. That...stop of me if you've heard this before..GROSS overpay of a 7 year contract worth $50 mil ..and a $15 mil signing bonus, was the problem. The organization's front office, has had a learning disability, for a while now. Now their stuck...stop me if you've heard this before, with a declining..getting more useless by the day..player.

2 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Why would you blame anyone for not wanting to play for the Flyers?  They're losers and will be for years.  What 32 year old wants that?

Because he wouldn't,  he'd get bought out, waived, or flipped he's an asshole, don't defend him 🙄 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Because he wouldn't,  he'd get bought out, waived, or flipped he's an asshole, don't defend him 🙄 

Yeah. Don't defend for those who cannot defend themselves.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

it seems they need to clear around 6 mill to get this done i wonder if it would work to take Scandella (3.2 mill) and Kapanen back (3.2mill) back instead???

Both one year deals left Hayes Laughton for the 25th and 2nd in 2024.

We clear 6.4 mill for them and eat 3 mill on Hayes.

Laughton gets to play for Berube again. It could be a good fit.

Blues clear up the cap i could send them Sanheim too.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I'm still going to be optimistic about these trades. We all got ahead of ourselves with the Ivan deal, and it turned out all right. I also think the bobblehead comish wants to be able to announce these trades on draft night and get his bobblehead air time. I still say 4 firsts on draft night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

I'm still going to be optimistic about these trades. We all got ahead of ourselves with the Ivan deal, and it turned out all right. I also think the bobblehead comish wants to be able to announce these trades on draft night and get his bobblehead air time. I still say 4 firsts on draft night.

flyer4firsts 

😏

15 hours ago, CoachX said:

Laughton? :ouch:

Maybe tonight as the draft too. 

But Danny i want one big move tonight at the draft at least...

I would prefer to turn the page than watch him another 8 years i think...

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe tonight as the draft too. 

But Danny i want one big move tonight at the draft at least...

I would prefer to turn the page than watch him another 8 years i think...

He would have to play better than he did last year for sure.

He's been mostly good, although he is not very physical and probably never will "improve" in that area.

I don't think he's a bad player, I also didn't think he needed that ginormous extention when he got it either though. 

Does he turn into a top pairing guy?

Not likely. 

The .aav isn't terrible,  but he didn't earn that $ last season.

If he can garner a 1st and a prospect,  so long tall Travis.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He's been mostly good, although he is not very physical and probably never will "improve" in that area.

Been given up on that. Right now i would like to see confident sound defensive plays in his own end...see some energy intensity of some type of life is his game.

Kid has all the tools but totally seems to lack desire and that is when i think a change of scenery does these young players some good.

Someone offers me a 1st i really really think i take it.

I would want more but then again i don't want to have to wait too. 

And yes we would be selling low i know but can Torts get anything intelligent to appear in his game??

I am not going to be shocked if Sanheim or Laughton is moved tonight for more picks. 

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am not going to be shocked if Sanheim or Laughton is moved tonight for more picks. 

I'd trade them both for a 10th rounder

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Starting to look like Briere is thinking long term, which is all I can really ask for (or at least 3 years down the road instead of 3 months).

Honestly, Michkov not coming for 3 years is likely the time you'd hope any other pick made the team at #7. 

• Like 3