(Current rostered players on) Tort's must go list?

Samifan

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure why you jump to that conclusion.

Slow your roll. Let it play out...

The reason I say that is because we are rebuilding so there is no point in signing any UFAs most are too old and want too much $. I think Pastranuk and Meier are still young but the $$:they will want is out of our reach especially with all the LTIR cap $ we need to worry about, Atkinson,Ellis,etc plus the Hayes situation. The other thing is Philly is not a preferred destination these days. There are a bunch of good young RFAs you can offer sheet but then the compensation is steep and then the other GMs don’t wanna do business with you. That’s the big reason Holmgren stepped down after his huge offersheet to Shea Webber, he was blackballed by the other GMs. To me you sign a big time UFA when your team is 80% or more  complete and that’s the missing piece , our team is about 40% complete. Although signing Pastranuk would sell tickets and add excitement.

• Like 2

All of the contract/cap points are well made. Some will probably come to fruition. I think we are overlooking the plan dynamic, whatever that actually is.

My point is, Torts is going to be on board with wasting time on players who aren't part of the future. He's going to want a guy like TDA gone. His focus will be what's on the ice, the world he controls. Sure a team will suck during a rebuild. Thats mainly because you are developing young talent. Not because you are waiting for old washed up talent to reach end term.

I suspect a firesale is coming, and DB, or whomever else they find to fill the job, will make it priority one to cut the dead weight 

THE PURGE IS COMING!

:PostAward4:

59 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:
4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

The reason I say that is because we are rebuilding so there is no point in signing any UFAs most are too old and want too much $.

Not every acquisition had to fit that bill. Just give them time to let the plan unfold. I expect Danny to do his due diligence.

I hope they don't jump the gun and do anything crazy but if it is a young forward or defenseman around 23-25 i would open to listen to any offer.

There is no one way to skin a cat. But if Danny goes down the road Chuck went well he won't be here long i think.  

FtXG_1HWAAIlZrn.thumb.jpg.f0566b15882c1f59de9e674358dffc1f.jpg

FtXG_1HWAAQxHB3.thumb.jpg.eb7c36b2b4bdbfc1d475b1205812dc80.jpg

Very interesting.

I think they need to go with a 2-3 year deal than an 8 year deal.

No need to award him yet. He still has a ways to go.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, CoachX said:

I dont see Torts leaving anytime soon. What would be the justification, that he didn't accomplish what he was hired for? 

With this group, making it through a game without having a stroke is accomplishment enough

I'm surprised he doesn't quit

I'm with you, but Flyers don't exactly have a history of patience or sticking with a plan. Hopefully this time it's different. 

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

Right, Danny was always a very patient, unemotional player.

Well not everyone will GM like they played.

I am going to wait and judge him on his moves or the ones he doesn’t make.

A lot or work to do here.

3 year away from being 3 years away.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No need to award him yet. He still has a ways to go.

Agreed. You want to make sure Frost never reaches his potential? Sign him to an 8-year contract this summer.

For once Flyers do it right. They can reward him for his progress without handcuffing the team to a long-term contract. 

• Like 1

There are still areas that Frost can improve on but the team is very happy with him overall.

Such a shame, I thought he had potential...

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Like @GratefulFlyers said, you want to ruin Frost, give him an eight year deal.

If this team signs anybody to an eight year deal this off season, they're nuts. If they let someone with an "interim" title do it, doubly so.

Frost is the poster child for "prove it bridge deal."

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am going to wait and judge him on his moves or the ones he doesn’t make

where's the fun in that? its not the Flyer way. Im judging him right now and I say he is gonna fail miserably and we're doomed :lookssad:

• Good Post 1

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not every acquisition had to fit that bill. Just give them time to let the plan unfold. I expect Danny to do his due diligence.

I hope they don't jump the gun and do anything crazy but if it is a young forward or defenseman around 23-25 i would open to listen to any offer.

There is no one way to skin a cat. But if Danny goes down the road Chuck went well he won't be here long i think.  

I agree on that, I still think we need a legit top pair dman more than anything. I think it will be a huge help to solidify our overall team defense. We have made deals like this throughout the teams history and it always made a huge difference in the teams performance.  We acquired Mark Howe, Desjardins, Timmo and Pronger and every one of those deals turned the team around. I just think that to get a high end dman it's gonna cost us Konecny.  The other thing is which team has a surplus of defensmen and needs a guy like Konecny. 

15 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

We acquired Mark Howe, Desjardins, Timmo and Pronger and every one of those deals turned the team around.

Apparently a (protected) 1st and 2 2nds would have gotten Chychrun, but the Flyers were too busy using a 1st, 3 2nds, a 3rd, and a 4th to turn Ghost and Hagg into Ristolainen and Deangelo.

#winnow

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Apparently a (protected) 1st and 2 2nds would have gotten Chychrun, but the Flyers were too busy using a 1st, 3 2nds, a 3rd, and a 4th to turn Ghost and Hagg into Ristolainen and Deangelo.

#winnow

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

It's unbelievable.  Maybe LA would take Provy or Sanheim and Konecny  and give us Clarke and something else back. I know LA was rumored to want Konecny a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

I agree on that, I still think we need a legit top pair dman more than anything.

Brant Clark call the Kings offer them the moon and the sun just secure the kid.

Flyers could pair Clark Andrea and have the top pair for the next decade.

These two could move the puck quickly.

Edited by OccamsRazor

40 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I just think that to get a high end dman it's gonna cost us Konecny. 

If it's Brant Clarke do it.

Flyers are deep as hell at RW.

Tippett

Foerster

Brink

Atkinson

Allison

Tuomaala 

Kaplan

Gendron 

Just off the top of my head.

So you deal from your strength to shore up a weakness.

Clark is the kind of D man they need to build around.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

i wonder if Danny has the balls to move a guy with so many years left on his deal.

I disagree with DiGrazio far more often than I agree with him.   Simply dumb tweets on their face.    At least we know who tucson83 is.

• Like 1