(Current rostered players on) Tort's must go list?

Samifan

So Torts has been building his relationship with Briere and they have spent the last week or so watching the games together from the Popcorn Lounge. 

Other than Hayes, who else do you think is on Torts’, “this guy has to get the **** off this team” list?

TDA?

Risto?

Farabee?

Always Hurt Allison?

Edited by pilldoc
clarified the title
  • Like 1

• Samifan changed the title to Torts must go list?
7 minutes ago, Samifan said:

So Torts has been building his relationship with Briere and they have spent the last week or so watching the games together from the Popcorn Lounge. 

Other than Hayes, who else do you think is on Torts’, “this guy has to get the **** off this team” list?

TDA?

Risto?

Farabee?

Always Hurt Allison?

I would hope the first two. The Joel Farabee that the Flyers drafted should be exactly what Tortorella wants in a player. I don't think Allison holds a whole lot of value at this point, so you may as well hold on to him and hope for the best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samifan said:

TDA?

I will be happy with this paired with no more Braun and JVR.

74 Owen Tippett - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
86 Joel Farabee - 48 Morgan Frost - 71 Tyson Foerster
21 Scott Laughton - 49 Noah Cates - 89 Cam Atkinson
44 Nicolas Deslauriers 58 Tanner Laczynski - 57 Wade Allison

23 Bobby Brink

I'd like to find a taker for Cam so Brink can get in the line up.

9 Ivan Provorov - 45 Cam York
6 Travis Sanheim - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
3 Eygor Zamula - 47 Ronnie Attard
24 Nick Seeler

Seeler goes by the deadline to make room for Emil in 2024. Ivan could be moved at the end of next season too.

79 Carter Hart
32 Felix Sandström

I feel this is a top 10 draft pick team come 2024....till otherwise modified by Danny.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

I suspect there are multiple lists. 

The first would be the get them out of here doesn't matter what we get back list. 

The second would be the I don't really want or care about them so if you can get something half decent move them list.

The last would be the move them if you get a decent return list. 

Who is on them I have no idea. The one thing you can count on is with a new GM he isn't tied to any of them as he didn't bring them in. As such Ristos and DeAngelos and Hayes's and anyone else could be moved. 

I honestly don't know how Briere can do it though and I suspect when he fails to find a way to move certain people they will spin a yarn that they never tried to move them and they consider them valuable members of the team (even if inside they know they are lying about it) and in some cases we will just have to marginalize them and wait for their contracts to run out. 

• Good Post 2

I think Hayes, TDA, Lasczynski, JVR, Braun, Bellows and Lemieux are on the GTFO list 

I think there are guys he would prefer to keep but he would be alright if they were moved for picks and blue chips. TK, Provorov ( I think he [Torts] respects Provy's durability) put Sanhiem in here too. I think Torts knows he's stuck with Sanhiem but would be secretly ecstatic should he be moved.

I know he likes Atkinson, I know he admires Couturier...

There's a lot more questions than answers on the roster

• Like 1

• pilldoc changed the title to (Current rostered players on) Tort's must go list?
2 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

I thought this was going to be a list of posters who think that Torts must go.  False advertising in the thread title.

So who do you want taking Tort's place?? Shirley you have a replacement in mind right? Let's hear it?

This season could arguably be Provorov’s worst yet. He seems to be mentally checked out and makes ghastly turnovers on an almost nightly basis now. You can clearly see the focus and desire to keep playing is not there.

The author is referring to last year although he doesn’t seem to know it. Or else he’s referring to the last couple games when Provorov has indeed reverted to last year’s form. He’s hardly been mistake-free this year, far from it, but he’s miles better than he was last season. 

I’m not saying keep him I’m not saying trade him all I’m saying is this evaluation is wrong. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 8:55 PM, OccamsRazor said:

I will be happy with this paired with no more Braun and JVR.

74 Owen Tippett - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
86 Joel Farabee - 48 Morgan Frost - 71 Tyson Foerster
21 Scott Laughton - 49 Noah Cates - 89 Cam Atkinson
44 Nicolas Deslauriers 58 Tanner Laczynski - 57 Wade Allison

23 Bobby Brink

I'd like to find a taker for Cam so Brink can get in the line up.

9 Ivan Provorov - 45 Cam York
6 Travis Sanheim - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
3 Eygor Zamula - 47 Ronnie Attard
24 Nick Seeler

Seeler goes by the deadline to make room for Emil in 2024. Ivan could be moved at the end of next season too.

79 Carter Hart
32 Felix Sandström

I feel this is a top 10 draft pick team come 2024....till otherwise modified by Danny.

14,89,44,25,6,55,24....and 21 for powerball

These are my lottery numbers. If they go we win

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

21 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

That'll be next season when we go into our first losing streak. 

I dont see Torts leaving anytime soon. What would be the justification, that he didn't accomplish what he was hired for? 

With this group, making it through a game without having a stroke is accomplishment enough

I'm surprised he doesn't quit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

The author is referring to last year although he doesn’t seem to know it. Or else he’s referring to the last couple games when Provorov has indeed reverted to last year’s form. He’s hardly been mistake-free this year, far from it, but he’s miles better than he was last season. 

I’m not saying keep him I’m not saying trade him all I’m saying is this evaluation is wrong. 

So the author said "mentally checked out". What a tool. Provy was fortunate he didn't sustain a significant I jury to his elbow,  yet he returns to play in game where the Flyers, once again, allow history to be made on home ice by the opposition. The guy could've easily checked out, but he didn't. Whoever wrote that article can suck my sack

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Buying out DeAngelo this summer.

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/post/the-case-for-buying-out-tony-deangelo/

Per CapFriendly, buying out DeAngelo this offseason could save the Flyers $1,666,667 over a two-year span as opposed to keeping him on the roster altogether.

In fact, buying out DeAngelo would actually save them $3,333,333 in cap space next season. The caveat? They'd owe $1,666,667 in 2024-25 despite DeAngelo's contract ending next summer.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Per CapFriendly, buying out DeAngelo this offseason could save the Flyers $1,666,667 over a two-year span as opposed to keeping him on the roster altogether.

In fact, buying out DeAngelo would actually save them $3,333,333 in cap space next season. The caveat? They'd owe $1,666,667 in 2024-25 despite DeAngelo's contract ending next summer.

We don't really need much extra cap space since we aren't signing any FAs. If they want TDA gone,then they should  just eat 2 million this year and trade him if it's possible another team may need a PP dman at 3 million with one year left. We will gain some space since JVR is gone and Hayes is def not coming back.

The thing is ,it all depends on which defensemen are traded . Provorov is our best dman, has the most value and only a two year contract, so he is your best asset for a trade. Sanheim is our second best guy, but his contract is not good at all. Risto is mediocre has four years at 5 million and TDA is horrible defensively and has one year at 5 million . I'm thinking if they trade let's say Provy and TDA, then you gotta keep a couple of veterans on the defense so that would be Risto and Sanheim.  We have four young guys,  York, Attard ,Zamula and Andre but they don't have enough experience to play the big minutes. So I don't see the team going with fournreal young dmen and Risto and Sanheim are not top pair guys. So we need a top pair young dman,.that's why we will trade Konecny. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I can't stand Deangelo. I don't like the way he "plays' defence and I don't like him as a human. I hated the moment Fletcher acquired him, but I can say that about pretty well every move he made.

That said, I see no reason to buy him out. We really don't need the cap space next season. And he is good offensively. Let him play when the draws are in the offensive zone, give him some pp time, and hope some sucker wants to trade you something...anything of value for him.

That's the play: load him with PP time, pump and dump at the deadline. If nobody wants him, his contract expires anyway.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't see any upside in buying out Tony DeAnglo.    He only has one year left.  Try to get him to perform as well as he can on the offensive side and sell him as a rental at the deadline.  And I disagree with Ryan Quigley that he's not moveable this offseason.   I don't think Quigley makes a valid argument for a buyout.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I don't see any upside in buying out Tony DeAnglo.    He only has one year left.  Try to get him to perform as well as he can on the offensive side and sell him as a rental at the deadline.  And I disagree with Ryan Quigley that he's not moveable this offseason.   I don't think Quigley makes a valid argument for a buyout.

Hard to say without knowing their plan.

I can see both sides of it. Not going to lose sleep on any of it.

• Like 1

The telling point to me regarding TDA is that he has been scratched 3 straight games but Tortorella hasn’t spoken to him about it? A head coach not communicating with a player and tell them why they aren’t in the lineup?

I guess they are tired of telling TDA his effort and performance has sucked. 

• Like 1