Carter Hart Trade speculation thread - Where does he land?

phlfly

Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?

• Edmonton
    • Buffalo
    • Montreal
    • Anaheim
    • San Jose
    • Other
    • He does NOT get traded

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Surely you jest 😜

Mostly, but only because it would be hard to stomach playing the Penguins with him in net for the next 7-10 years.

On the otherhand, maybe he holds out on his RFA and they have to move him because he tells them, "yinz french fries, poorly-seasoned pastrami and slaw on mushyass bread are disgusting.  Cheese steaks and poutine are so much better!"     Even better if he says it live on 105.9 The X.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

I would trade him to Pittsburgh if they gave us enough, because I think they are going to be bad in a year or two and those could be high picks.

This is actually why I was looking at it.  They're either going to lose the Holy Triumvirate or they're going to decline enough that it really doesn't matter that they're there.  And outside of them they're not all that strong.  I'd try to include their FRP this year, for sure, but I'd want something in the  top 3 rounds for 2025.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

If I was Briere I would’ve taken his name off the table so that any reporting about potential Flyers’ trades excludes him. 

I think being up front and honest about the situation is better than effectively being exposed as lying to the player if a trade does happen.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, radoran said:

I think being up front and honest about the situation is better than effectively lying to the player if a trade does happen.

Which is reportedly the kind of crap Holmgren repeatedly did.

Clarke:  "It's not my fault he's an idiot."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Plausible, but I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.    He really isn't any more connected than anyone here.

Yeah he is just parroting what Elliott Friedman eluded too.

13 hours ago, radoran said:

I think being up front and honest about the situation is better than effectively being exposed as lying to the player if a trade does happen.

oh please it wouldn't be "lying to the player" - everybody's a pro everyone knows if a "too good to refuse" offer comes in you take it - for anyone - and Hart knows that as well as Briere.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'd be open to even trading him to get even younger if possible depending on the offer of course he will be 25 this season...

...with the abundance of RW someone is getting moved from this position before the roster is set for next year i promise.

It is when as the only question...i expect this maybe to be an active draft.

However with the investigation in the team Canada scandal with Hart name in it will prevent him from being moved i think till that is cleared.

But everyone else is on the block...

I like Tippetts size and great shot, I think Konecny is the best asset to move. He is gonna be an UFA in a few years and looking for a big contract,  he had his best season. He would bring back the best return. Then we would have Tippett,Foerster,Brink and Allison on the right side. If we were not stuck with Coots, his bad back and his 7 year, $8 million contract , we could possibly re-sign Konecny but we are better off long term to trade him now. 

44 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

we could possibly re-sign Konecny but we are better off long term to trade him now. 

I understand why trading TK is appealing - he'd certainly bring back a nice return. I'd only caution Flyers' fans - and Briere if I could - to realize that Konecny is not easily replaceable, especially now that he's matured into a consistently effective player. What he brings - the way he plays - is how you want your entire roster to play. He and Hart are guys you can build around.

I'm not saying the Flyers can't build a good team w/out him or w/out Hart but it will be easier with them.

• Like 2

I'm still baffled by the obsession with age. It's almost like the end all, be all. A player gets drafted at 18, takes two years to develop, enters the league at 20 and is too old and should be traded at 25? Your damn amygdala doesn't fully develop until 25. And of course you then have to mix in that no Flyer player is worth a long term contract, even if they happen to play well in that 3 year window. SMH.

Silly me, I always thought talent and ability were the important factors

6 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

what is this guy talking about, “…until his name is cleared.”? What does that mean?

i was wondering the same thing

?????

Edited by CoachX

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

There was an incident with the junior team involving a girl and many players...none of the names are known but Hart was on that team.

Well schidt. That's proof enough for me. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I'm still baffled by the obsession with age. It's almost like the end all, be all. A player gets drafted at 18, takes two years to develop, enters the league at 20 and is too old and should be traded at 25? Your damn amygdala doesn't fully develop until 25. And of course you then have to mix in that no Flyer player is worth a long term contract, even if they happen to play well in that 3 year window. SMH.

Silly me, I always thought talent and ability were the important factors

All of your points are a factor but, the moves you make or don't make are also based on the overall talent and position of your team and the salary cap. Since we suck and have sucked for several years management finally admitted we need a rebuild. Think of all the  time,cap space, money and draft picks we wasted while Shmuck was in denial . We now have a big cap problem with Coots being over 30 and his bad back, as well as Sanheims ridiculous contract, we still have to dump Hayes,Risto ,Atkinson, DA only has one year left, but at least Sanheims healthy and young even if his contract is bad. So as we rebuild for the next five years , we might get two good seasons out of Coots or we may not get any. Other than Jagr and Barry Bonds most players begin to diminish at the age of 30 and when you have cap implications you have to move guys out. In the old days we didn't have to worry so you could keep everybody.

Konecny will be 28 and an UFA in two years, does.it make sense to re-sign him during a rebuild if we werent stuck with a diminishing Coots, maybe. Since we are five years away from being competitive we can't be giving out any more big contracts to guys who are 26 or older. Hart and Konecny are both very good players but when you think of four or five assets coming back you can rebuild much quicker. Hart is good but if the offer is too good to pass up he's gotta go, especially if Ersson proves to be a solid goalie.

We need to take a page out of the Bill Belechek playback. He kept unloading guys who were getting up in age and looking for big paydays and with good cap management,  good trades , signings and good drafting he stayed a top contender for 20 years.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I understand why trading TK is appealing - he'd certainly bring back a nice return. I'd only caution Flyers' fans - and Briere if I could - to realize that Konecny is not easily replaceable, especially now that he's matured into a consistently effective player. What he brings - the way he plays - is how you want your entire roster to play. He and Hart are guys you can build around.

I'm not saying the Flyers can't build a good team w/out him or w/out Hart but it will be easier with them.

If Ersson proves to be close to Hart in talent then you can do the rebuild quicker by unloading Hart for two or more assets. The coaching staff will have to determine that.  Hart is a good goalie but so far he is no Bernie Parent

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

I'm still baffled by the obsession with age. It's almost like the end all, be all.

Myself it isn't an obsession with so much now as to more of what their age will be when they are ready to push for a deep playoff run is well 3 years away at least.

So you consider what their age will be then and where they will in their current contract or contract expectations...like some of us said should have traded Wayne, Jake and Coots instead of resigning them to their contracts they ended up on.

If you're blowing it up sure try move as many 25 and 26 years old's you can for picks and younger kids. What i'm doing if i am blowing it up.

Hart is right at the thresh hold of keeping and moving so that is why i am good if they don't trade him now. And he has a chance of improving his stock.

But TK and/or Tippett yes i am listing to offers for as well as your favorite Laughton who is already 30.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

oh please it wouldn't be "lying to the player" - everybody's a pro everyone knows if a "too good to refuse" offer comes in you take it - for anyone - and Hart knows that as well as Briere.

When you tell a player he's not going to be dealt and then deal him, that's exactly what it is.

But to your point, Hart knows exactly what the situation is because Briere laid it out for him - he's the goalie of the future unless a blow your doors off deal comes along.

Which is exactly the situation you say they are in.

I don't see the harm at all in acknowledging that.

• Like 2