Carter Hart Trade speculation thread - Where does he land?

phlfly

Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?

• Edmonton
    • Buffalo
    • Montreal
    • Anaheim
    • San Jose
    • Other
    • He does NOT get traded

If Flyers are not looking any playoff in next 2 years they shoud trade Hart. It's better take few prospects even they might be not that good as Hart can get hurt too if to think this way. 

There are lots goalies now available some needs more experience some good enough. I'm just sicked and tired to watch AHL level players are trying to be NHL players, and /or Flyers office is trying to believe us that is they are good players winning 30 games a season of 82 ! 

I don't care who is goalie as this point as a whole team sucked since times we had Richard, Carter and Briere. Since they left that team was really bad. There are some moments and some players, but overall it's all AHL players. 

Look , Giroux played like 40 to 50 games at his best. Than name me another player that is making remarkable memories for you after Richard's Carter Briere team ? 

Provorov ? Well also 50/50 btw it was our best defenseman!!! 

F... sad !!! 

So trading goalie and try to bring NHL PLAYERS will be great !!!

Edited by phlfly
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

The Flyers traded Bernie Parent before he was "Bernie Parent."

Yes we did, but in this case we arent anywhere near a complete team or a few year away from the Cup.

Edited by RonJeremy

38 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Yes we did, but in this case we arent anywhere near a complete team or a few year away from the Cup.

They picked up a first and Rick MacLeish for Parent who they then got back as a FA two years later.

To your point, they can realize assets for Hart and Hart can still have a breakout season whether here or elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, radoran said:

They picked up a first and Rick MacLeish for Parent who they then got back as a FA two years later.

To your point, they can realize assets for Hart and Hart can still have a breakout season whether here or elsewhere.

Yes, I'd only move him for the right price and if they fully believe Ersson is gonna be a good goalie. His mechanics and agility seem very good, so only time will tell. 

15 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Yes, I'd only move him for the right price and if they fully believe Ersson is gonna be a good goalie. His mechanics and agility seem very good, so only time will tell. 

Right but that's the thing will Ersson be as good or better than Hart? Goalies are weird and imho when you find a good one - especially if you're the Philadelphia Flyers - you keep him. Unless...

... a truly amazing offer comes in. Then you trade him but that "amazing offer" should be something you can't get any other way, like a very high pick in this year's draft.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Right but that's the thing will Ersson be as good or better than Hart? Goalies are weird and imho when you find a good one - especially if you're the Philadelphia Flyers - you keep him. Unless...

... a truly amazing offer comes in. Then you trade him but that "amazing offer" should be something you can't get any other way, like a very high pick in this year's draft.

How about to Montreal for their # 5 pick, then we can pick a center and defenseman with #5 and #7 or if the Russian kid falls to 7, you take a shot  and then another forward with #22

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Other than Jagr and Barry Bonds most players begin to diminish at the age of 30

So what I'm hearing you say is, the Flyers med staff should implement a steroid regiment for all players over 25 and this will make long term contracts a better idea 🤔 😉 

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

How about to Montreal for their # 5 pick, then we can pick a center and defenseman with #5 and #7 or if the Russian kid falls to 7, you take a shot  and then another forward with #22

I would definitely do this. Not sure about Montreal though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Not sure about Montreal though

Montreal is not doing this deal unless another 1st Round pick is coming back.  Especially considering the quality of the top 7-10 players.  

1)Hart + #7 for #5 overall   (or)

2)Hart + #22 for #5 overall 

Montreal "might" be enticed for that .....  Obviously as a Flyer fan I would want the 2nd option if need be.  There is no way Montreal is trading #5 overall for Hart straight up.

If the situation was reversed would we want to do that deal ....... most would grumble.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Montreal is not doing this deal unless another 1st Round pick is coming back.  Especially considering the quality of the top 7-10 players.  

1)Hart + #7 for #5 overall   (or)

2)Hart + #22 for #5 overall 

Montreal "might" be enticed for that .....  Obviously as a Flyer fan I would want the 2nd option if need be.  There is no way Montreal is trading #5 overall for Hart straight up.

If the situation was reversed would we want to do that deal ....... most would grumble.

Montreal feels that they have a pretty good team and only weak goaltending is  holding them back. Maybe they will go for it. Montreal GMs have made some of the worst trades in history, so you never know. Hart and # 22 is a good deal for them.

Edited by RonJeremy

On 6/11/2023 at 1:27 PM, RonJeremy said:

Bernie played for the leafs for a year or 2 with Jaques Plante. That is where and when he became the complete player he was. Also, he played behind a dominate team, not just the goonie ism everyone talks about. He faced very few high calibre 2nd shots, and very few players had the cahonies to stand in front of him. The Flyer blueline was underrated, and very physical. 

As for Hart, every player who belongs to the Flyers is available for the right price. There are no top of the lineup players right now in the system, only a couple of possibles. The rebuild has to be exclusively an eye for top 6 talent.

Current Flyers who look okay in meaningless games in January would be pressed for that kind of success in May or June. If you can sweeten deals by adding a Frost or a Farabee then you have to listen to try and obtain top 6 talent. just MHO. 

15 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Montreal GMs have made some of the worst trades in history, so you never know. Hart and # 22 is a good deal for them.

Montreal GMs?!? 

We just went through FIVE years of losing every single trade we made.

20 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Montreal GMs?!? 

😆🤣,  true but they have been making bad trades for 30 years. McDonough for Gomez and Sergachev for Drouin are far worse than our bad trades .  They gave away some stalwart defenseman over the years, Desjardins,  Chelios, Sergachev and McDonough are all stars.

Edited by RonJeremy

24 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Briere is 1-0 , so far. 

I like the trade, but lets see what he does with the draft picks cause that's what matters.

He's already better than Fletcher, but so is a bag of rancid rotting carp. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I like the trade, but lets see what he does with the draft picks cause that's what matters.

He's already better than Fletcher, but so is a bag of rancid rotting carp. 

Or a festering bucket of mackrel

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Or a festering bucket of mackrel

Syphilis. Decapitation. Bamboo sticks under the fingernail. Bubonic plague. Bullet ant bites. 

All better than Chuck Fletcher running your team.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Montreal GMs?!? 

The chucktard didn't just lose every trade, he got totally fleeced. The GM's who fleeced him are still giggling about it. It's staggering how bad he was, and more staggering he was allowed to keep doing it for 5 freaking years. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

The chucktard didn't just lose every trade, he got totally fleeced. The GM's who fleeced him are still giggling about it. It's staggering how bad he was, and more staggering he was allowed to keep doing it for 5 freaking years. 

Chuck is Bill Belechek compared to the deals Montreal has made.

51 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Chuck is Bill Belechek compared to the deals Montreal has made.

Montreal blew it up and was tanking. Chuck was going for it. 7 points separated the two teams. 

Chuck is one of the worst GMs I've ever seen in any sport. 

• Like 3

I'm wondering if they're considering moving Hart because it looks like Fedotov is going to finish up his military duty in July and be released. He was seen this past weekend wearing Flyers orange pads and a jersey. If Briere can convince Fedotov to come over and if they can get Alexei Kolosov over (who the organization is very high on), then moving Hart makes sense, especially with Ersson waiting. I know there were reports that Fedotov was going to stay in Russia, but I think he's on the first flight out as soon as he's released from military duty.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Montreal blew it up and was tanking. Chuck was going for it. 7 points separated the two teams. 

Chuck is one of the worst GMs I've ever seen in any sport. 

His spot on the panel for CTV Sportsnet on draft night should be a riot. I'm getting he gets laughed off the panel.

• Like 2