Carter Hart Trade speculation thread - Where does he land?

phlfly

Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Carter Hart eventually get traded to?

• Edmonton
    • Buffalo
    • Montreal
    • Anaheim
    • San Jose
    • Other
    • He does NOT get traded

On 8/9/2023 at 9:10 PM, OccamsRazor said:

rather let him get a good year under his belt in the KHL after being out the game and then bring him over and see how it goes.

Definitely. And frankly I’ll be surprised if he ever makes it out of Russia, either from his own choice or because of something else. From what I’ve seen, read etc he’s like the opposite of Michkov as far as his intentions to play pro hockey in North America.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Definitely. And frankly I’ll be surprised if he ever makes it out of Russia, either from his own choice or because of something else. From what I’ve seen, read etc he’s like the opposite of Michkov as far as his intentions to play pro hockey in North America.

Seems as though CKSA is unfazed by the ruling. There statement on the ruling basically says they disagree and Feds will be with them this year. The IIHF needs some bite behind their rulings. Its way to easy to simply ignore it and continue on like nothing happened. I put the odds of him coming over at about 10%. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Well, if the IIHF says the KHL has to honor the NHL's contract, then the same would be true with the Flyer's honoring Michkov's three year contract.

Money talks, guarantee the Flyers can buy off the Russians to release Michkov early. No way are the Flyers leaving their best prospect in ages to play in Russia for three more years. 

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Money talks, guarantee the Flyers can buy off the Russians to release Michkov early. No way are the Flyers leaving their best prospect in ages to play in Russia for three more years. 

Google CKSA ownership and then tell me money talks. They are worth BILLIONS. 

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Rich people are greedy, they can never have enough money. 

40 billion in the first quarter...they run Russian gas. Whatever millions Comcast is willing to shell out will be laughed at. 

29 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

40 billion in the first quarter...they run Russian gas. Whatever millions Comcast is willing to shell out will be laughed at. 

I still don't see him playing in Russia for 3 years. We can promise to cut off funding to the Ukraine, that should do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

He was probably told to say that or be banished to Siberia or the Gulag

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I remember when Nolan Patrick pulled back from social media, I don't think he played another game for the Flyers. 

That was due to his migraines and then he turned into Ryan Ellis' contract. 

It could be in anticipation of a coming media frenzy around the '18 Hockey Canada investigation finally getting released. The Tronno writer alludes to this. If he's a named player...that would be a stunning turn of events. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Thoughts? Or no big deal.

It seems this is how kids expressive themselves these days.

:joe:

"In addition to Hart, several other players on the 2018 Hockey Canada World Junior team have also gone dark on their Instagram accounts. Twitter users noticed that Brett Howden of the Vegas Golden Knights, Dillon Dube of the Calgary Flames, Jonah Gadjovich of the San Jose Sharks have also done the same, although some have claimed that Dube and Gadjovich were private already."

got that from an online story.....Id guess it had more to do with the investigation being wrapped up, then Hart getting moved

• Like 1

Seems like a strange development to me, Hart suddenly “going dark” as they say, although i know almost nothing about the social media world. 

I guess it’s never good when your name and the word “scandal” come up together on a google search.

19 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What makes you say this?? A guess? Something you heard??

edit: Looking at the Flyers’ goalie pool, including prospects in Russia right now, if I was Hart I wouldn’t make any long-term commitments in Philly. Personally I’ll be sad to see him go I think he’s the best Flyers’ goalie since Bobrovsky, with plenty of untapped potential. But it looks like Briere and Co. don’t agree.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

Well that's strange, but it's also still summer so I don't give it any weight - yet. 

Accounts don't usually go dark over trade issues though. For one thing, players are usually the last to know. More likely (guessing here) it's lawyers advice related to 2018. That smoldering fire is still getting ready to blow up.