Official: Hayes traded to Blues for 2024 6th RD

jammer2

11 minutes ago, radoran said:

He's the worst defenseman on the team and they have Ristolainen.

He'll be scratched more than he plays if he's here.

Not worth trying to get a 3rd.

I dont know, it's not like we are loaded with defensemen who can move the puck. Don't get me wrong, I wanna clean house but if keeping him for half season gets us something better than a career minor leaguer, then keep him, even if he is scratched alot. Injuries always come along and you can get a pick somewhere. If the Flyers are eating half the salary they can't get a third rounder from Carolina, even if it's two years down the road? 

59 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Considering how bad our defense is gonna be without Soyheim and Provy, keeping TDA around until Jan or Feb in order to get a better return at the deadline is better than getting a useless prospect now. He can actually help us give up more goals for a better draft position too.

TDA helps our "defence"  zero. He has no clue how to play defence. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yeah, which is why keeping him for next year might help the 2024 draft pick.

But I'm happier moving him

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, which is why keeping him for next year might help the 2024 draft pick.

Assuming Tortellini actually plays him.

That relationship is fractured and the coach doesn't care.

I'd like them to get "more" for TDA but we don't yet know what "less" is.

The sooner Briere removes the dead weight the sooner the reconstruction can begin in earnest.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I believe the idea, from what I have been able to find out …. Is that the intention is to then flip him to another team.  I heard/read Florida as a possibility.

I already hate this dude.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Exactly, that's my point, he can help us lose and get a better pick. The defense is gonna be an atrocity, so keeping him for a half season won't change things .

2 hours ago, radoran said:

He's the worst defenseman on the team and they have Ristolainen.

He'll be scratched more than he plays if he's here.

Not worth trying to get a 3rd.

Agreed. Getting that horrible player and toxic personality off the team is critical to the rebuild. It's true about one bad apple and the damage it can do. DeAngelo can only be neutral when he's in an environment in which strong leadership personalities can keep him in line. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Exactly, that's my point, he can help us lose and get a better pick. The defense is gonna be an atrocity, so keeping him for a half season won't change things .

You can play someone else who sucks and isn't an asshole of a human.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Agreed. Getting that horrible player and toxic personality off the team is critical to the rebuild. It's true about one bad apple and the damage it can do. DeAngelo can only be neutral when he's in an environment in which strong leadership personalities can keep him in line. 

Since Krug doesn't want to go and it seems they need to clear around 6 mill to get this done i wonder if it would work to take Scandella (3.2 mill) and Kapanen back (3.2mill) back instead???

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

You can play someone else who sucks and isn't an asshole of a human.

We don't know for sure that's he's that bad person, in today's day and age just wearing the wrong hat or t shirt makes you bad. Carolina is a good team with a great management and they are gonna take him back.  I don't trust one thing the media says especially thr liars in NY. 

22 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

We don't know for sure that's he's that bad person, in today's day and age just wearing the wrong hat or t shirt makes you bad. Carolina is a good team with a great management and they are gonna take him back.  I don't trust one thing the media says especially thr liars in NY. 

He's been "not wanted" on every team he's played for...except maybe the Canes. Going back to his junior days

So it sounds like the guy the Canes want to send to Philly is Vasily Ponomarev.

A 2nd round pick in 2020...a Russian no doubt and they have inked him yet to an entry level contract he has 2 more years on it. It is a win to me get that dude out of Philly.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/448947/vasili-ponomaryov

Eff it i will take it and run.

64 games with the Wolves he put up 24 goals 22 assists 46 points.

• Like 3

I think Danny prefers Domenick Fensore instead...a LHD 2 years left on his entry level contract.

Spent 4 years at BU his senior season he was their Captain. Maybe this move is best.

Whatever i take either one to get rid of TDA. Danny do your best.

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So it sounds like the guy the Canes want to send to Philly is Vasily Ponomarev.

A 2nd round pick in 2020...a Russian no doubt and they have inked him yet to an entry level contract he has 2 more years on it. It is a win to me get that dude out of Philly.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/448947/vasili-ponomaryov

Eff it i will take it and run.

64 games with the Wolves he put up 24 goals 22 assists 46 points.

Maybe that's part of the snag. Perhaps the Flyers OG higher ups, don't want the Russian.

• Like 1

Pierre LeBrun says on his Twitter feed.. 

"My understanding at the moment is that Torrey Krug won't waive his NTC for a trade to Philadelphia". "I suppose he could always change his mind, but that's where it is as of now".

Clearly, Krug doesn't want to be on a team that possibly.. if not probably, won't make the playoffs for two more seasons.

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

"My understanding at the moment is that Torrey Krug won't waive his NTC for a trade to Philadelphia". "I suppose he could always change his mind, but that's where it is as of now".

Clearly, Krug doesn't want to be on a team that possibly.. if not probably, won't make the playoffs for two more seasons.

Good fug him he sucks he is worse than Sanheim in his own end - let the Blues figure out a way to trade him and his sh it contract...good luck!!!

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

He's been "not wanted" on every team he's played for...except maybe the Canes. Going back to his junior days

He’s just misunderstood, yeah that’s it. I don’t want him but we gotta get something worthwhile.

15 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

RE: trade with Blues.

Flyers COULD possibly dodge a bullet in not being able to get Krug, if he indeed was the guy who put a monkey wrench in these works.
Why?
While Krug is a very good defenseman, that is only true when he is healthy, which he has had trouble doing on and off the last couple seasons.
Furthermore, at 32, and at almost the same cap hit as Hayes for the next three years, he will only continue to deteriorate, faster or slower, who knows, and likely won't be a better defender for the Flyers than what he was for the Bruins, and the Blues now.

I get fans want Hayes gone, but at least, Hayes is on the ice to actually play, and can still do many things as a centerman that Krug as a defenseman cannot.
Flyers should be going for players with upside on the blueline....that Sean Durzi that went from LA to Arizona for instance....and it cost the Yotes a second round pick....didn't the Flyers have that to give up?
Maybe Arizona takes Hayes in order to reach the cap floor? All speculation, I know, but still.

I don't see anything good from the Flyers trying to go after yet another defenseman, like Krug, who may turn out to be Ryan Ellis 2.0

Hope your Flyers aren't to Krug's liking after all and he stays away.
Philly can do better with trying to unload Hayes.

Hey, hey, HEY, ease up....The Flyers obviously know what they're doing :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

🫣 

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

I think Krug or whatever his name is is afraid of the Flyers training/medical staff. The little twerp bruises easily.