Official: Hayes traded to Blues for 2024 6th RD

jammer2

17 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

RE: trade with Blues.

Flyers COULD possibly dodge a bullet in not being able to get Krug, if he indeed was the guy who put a monkey wrench in these works.
Why?
While Krug is a very good defenseman, that is only true when he is healthy, which he has had trouble doing on and off the last couple seasons.
Furthermore, at 32, and at almost the same cap hit as Hayes for the next three years, he will only continue to deteriorate, faster or slower, who knows, and likely won't be a better defender for the Flyers than what he was for the Bruins, and the Blues now.

I get fans want Hayes gone, but at least, Hayes is on the ice to actually play, and can still do many things as a centerman that Krug as a defenseman cannot.
Flyers should be going for players with upside on the blueline....that Sean Durzi that went from LA to Arizona for instance....and it cost the Yotes a second round pick....didn't the Flyers have that to give up?
Maybe Arizona takes Hayes in order to reach the cap floor? All speculation, I know, but still.

I don't see anything good from the Flyers trying to go after yet another defenseman, like Krug, who may turn out to be Ryan Ellis 2.0

Hope your Flyers aren't to Krug's liking after all and he stays away.
Philly can do better with trying to unload Hayes.

I don't think this was about actually wanting Krug. His term is shorter than Hayes so the idea was the Flyers could get out from the cap hit several years earlier.

Aside from not wanting to go to the stink hole that currently is the Flyers, my guess is that Krug also knows he's not actually wanted and that upon his arrival both fans and front office will be counting the days until he leaves.

Best case, actually, would be if he were Ellis 2.0 because then we LITR him and don't worry about his cap.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So it sounds like the guy the Canes want to send to Philly is Vasily Ponomarev.

A 2nd round pick in 2020...a Russian no doubt and they have inked him yet to an entry level contract he has 2 more years on it. It is a win to me get that dude out of Philly.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/448947/vasili-ponomaryov

Eff it i will take it and run.

64 games with the Wolves he put up 24 goals 22 assists 46 points.

Sounds better than a 3rd anyways...yes plz!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

He’s just misunderstood, yeah that’s it. I don’t want him but we gotta get something worthwhile.

He's misunderstood cause most of us aren't assholes. 

It would be worthwhile just to get rid of him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Krug also knows he's not actually wanted and that upon his arrival both fans and front office will be counting the days until he leaves.

Absolutely just because Chuck was a dumbass doesn't mean everyone is.

• Like 1

This a-hole Krug actually believes he is a difference maker. He's too stupid to realize that the Blues don't want him.  His agent extorted a stupid , chucktard like contract out of the Blues, and now nobody wants him, so he is taking his ball and going home. He is also too stupid to realize the Flyers don't want him either, he is just collateral in order to get a draft pick. Nobody ever said hockey players were bright. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyer4ever said:

His agent extorted a stupid , chucktard like contract out of the Blues, and now nobody wants him, so he is taking his ball and going home.

And someone is going to have to eat something on that deal to move that.

..that sounds like the Flyers dumping their problems on them.

eff that nah we gone sort that sh it out and call me later conversation.

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

This a-hole Krug actually believes he is a difference maker. He's too stupid to realize that the Blues don't want him.  His agent extorted a stupid , chucktard like contract out of the Blues, and now nobody wants him, so he is taking his ball and going home. He is also too stupid to realize the Flyers don't want him either, he is just collateral in order to get a draft pick. Nobody ever said hockey players were bright. 

I'm really hoping the Blues send him to the AHL for the remainder of the deal. Just bury this guy...no buy out...just let him ride the bus for 4 years!!

• Like 2

The Hockey Guy did a piece on this and related trades last night. He noted that MMC/NTC have become more common as a result of cap pressure. Basically, GMs trade off salary for the clauses. So, we can blame stagnating cap growth a bit of this trade falls through.

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

The Hockey Guy did a piece on this and related trades last night. He noted that MMC/NTC have become more common as a result of cap pressure. Basically, GMs trade off salary for the clauses. So, we can blame stagnating cap growth a bit of this trade falls through.

that's the problem here, it's the salary cap and ntc and fans are blaming it on the flyers for leaking like what does that have to do with anything? i mean there's always leaks and trades get done, problem here it's like you said it's salary cap and the ntc is holding this up.

at least briere is trying to so hard to get this done and no one wants to give him credit for that, thing is he setting the tone that he means business, he's not going to sit around.

Edited by tucson83
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

I die a little every minute that goes by and some form of this deal (moving out Hayes) doesn't happen. 

if I'm the Flyers and Hayes is on roster come fall, I'm putting him on defense and putting Krug on his jersey 😠

3 hours ago, tucson83 said:

at least briere is trying to so hard to get this done

Only thing giving me hope - that he actually sees the same thing we see and isn't making excuses for it and giving us GM talk he is actually trying to change as much as he can as quickly as he can.

Unlike the excuses me heard over and over from Chuck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

I'm putting him on defense and putting Krug on his jersey

He may actually play defense better than Krug...he is terrible.

A reason the Blues are trying to bad to off load his terrible contract on someone...

...i mean come on -26 on the Blues Sanheim as bad as he is on his own end has never finished -26 since he has been in the NHL. 

Not sure how good Krug thinks he is but he should know us Flyer fans do not want him either.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I really really don't want Krug...WTF do they even think he would play??

:rage:

WHY would they want to do this??? Unless they feel like if they trade for him, they can SOMEHOW swap him for a fairly high draft pick?

Edited by FD19372

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

WHY would they want to do this???

I don't know.

Unless they think they can flip him again.

They do not need him at all for the next 4 years that contract is sh it.

• Like 1

Mt take on Krug is this. He's small and not great defensively but he was a Bruin and I suspect from that culture he's a solid team guy. I remember seeing him scrap and hit and stand up to bigger guys. So not absolute garbage as some claim. I see him as the PP guy who replaces DeAngelo and he's a character role model for young D. But he's just filling the spot for a few years. In 2 years (or thereabouts) we flip him, eat salary or maybe even buy him out but it won't matter. 

Point is, IF he's the guy we have to take to be able to get rid of Hayes and maybe land another first round pick I'm all for it. If he ends up as dead money for 4 years so what? 

There is no hockey value in Krug, he is old and small and broken. It is the cost of doing business in Bobbleheads NHL. In order to get rid of Hayes and acquire a draft pick, you have to eat some crap, as in Krug. All these moves are for down the road, not whats on the ice next September. Danny B is in Arizona mode, the Flyers will be contract munchers for 3 or 4 years, in exchange for draft capital. Having enough Krugs and Walkers etc also gets you on the pole for future drafts.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

14 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

There is no hockey value in Krug, he is old and small and broken. It is the cost of doing business in Bobbleheads NHL. In order to get rid of Hayes and acquire a draft pick, you have to eat some crap, as in Krug. All these moves are for down the road, not whats on the ice next September. Danny B is in Arizona mode, the Flyers will be contract munchers for 3 or 4 years, in exchange for draft capital. Having enough Krugs and Walkers etc also gets you on the pole for future drafts.

All that said and I still don't want him.

Got to be a better way...