Game 1: Philadelphia Flyers at Columbus Blue Jackets; 10/12/23 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

4 hours ago, pilldoc said:

sigh……. Why do athletes always have too open their mouths……. 

Does anyone know if there was a tribute video or anything for Ivan before the game or anything? 

I mean he did play over 550 games for the Flyers?

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Does anyone know if there was a tribute video or anything for Ivan before the game or anything? 

Yes

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Tort's thoughts on it?

• Like 1

It will take some for our offense to gel.  I'm glad the fourth line is coherent.  Agreed with JJ or whomever that Poehling has wheels.  Brink and Zemula are poised despite lack of experience.

Hart looked good.  We moved the puck out of our zone.  It's good to start the season on a positive note.  On to Ottawa.  

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Poehling

He Farabee and Wahlstrom had some good chemistry at the WJC18 tourney that got even better at the WJC20...

...should contact the Isles to see what they want for Wahlstrom.

I kid I kid...back to drinking goodnight all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ctid said:

Unless you are planning on watching every game, then please just stop now. We need a high draft pick :)

Lol...yes, we need high picks. 

I don't think this team is in danger of being too good. We beat one of the few teams that are worse than us by 2 goals....2 empty net goals. And Ristolainen has to play at some point. 😁

47 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Lol...yes, we need high picks. 

I don't think this team is in danger of being too good. We beat one of the few teams that are worse than us by 2 goals....2 empty net goals. And Ristolainen has to play at some point. 😁

Nope just enough to not make the playoffs and end up with something like the 12th pick.

Because the Flyers will Flyer....

:bonkingheadonwall:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Nope just enough to not make the playoffs and end up with something like the 12th pick.

Because the Flyers will Flyer....

:bonkingheadonwall:

Sadly this feels like Flyers future

55 minutes ago, hmc687 said:

Sadly this feels like Flyers future

The irony of Ivan being on the ice for the empty netter and worst the TK goal IP always seem to struggle to break up a play in his own end.

Serves him right.

Didn't watch the game a whole lot so can't confirm or deny this.

https://flyersnittygritty.com/if-this-is-the-travis-sanheim-the-flyers-will-get-this-season-then-flyers-fans-are-in-for-a-treat/

But this is a great report if true and if this kid can grow his game and be the #1 they need so bad well it is going to help speed this rebuild up.

So being out of Ivan's shadow is a good thing.

I'm pulling for the kid Flyers need this from him.

I love that he understands the mission and that he can be the leader the kids and most importantly the team needs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

https://flyersnittygritty.com/if-this-is-the-travis-sanheim-the-flyers-will-get-this-season-then-flyers-fans-are-in-for-a-treat/

But this is a great report if true and if this kid can grow his game and be the #1 they need so bad well it is going to help speed this rebuild up.

I love that he understands the mission and that he can be the leader the kids and most importantly the team needs.

Sanheim is going to have a monster year. After the broken for debacle last year and learning yet another system, Sanheim got time to work out and he added 15 pounds of muscle to his frame. He's a solid 6'3, 220 pounds now and he's basically been given the green light to take over. With his skating and puck handling, he should easily hit the 50 point mark this year. Best trade that never happened.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

By far the Flyers best dman last night. As he was 2 seasons ago. 

Getting rid of a GM who is a complete idiot when it comes to hockey can only help any member of this club.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Game was in Columbus. 

Maybe they do something like that for him when they play in PHI

• Like 1

Couple of thoughts after last nights limited viewing.

the 4th line is ****** fun to watch. They are fast and mean, what's the deal with Poehling? how was he available on the cheap?  He's got size, wheels, isn't a dumbass...He looks to be a nice addition.

Noah Cates is for real. That kid, gets his stick on everything, he's smart. I'm excited for the line of 21, 27 and 11 that looks like a matchup problem for a lot of teams.

Brink didn't look out of place, nor did Zamula, I mean Brink did get knocked off the puck a few times by larger dudes and Zamula did pass the puck to the opposition leading to a pretty nice chance against when I was watching...BUT. Brink knows where to go and looks like his clock speed has increased. Zamula doesn't panic even when he does pass the puck to the other team he keeps playing and making plays.  I thought Z was a goner after camp but maybe he sticks around. Would love to see him add some weight to his frame.  

Sanhiem looks like a battleship on the ice, he looks big and played a pile of good minutes.  The added weight didn't seem to affect his skating. 

If the team plays like this for the whole year, I'll be satisfied.  They'll still get two first picks, but I don't think they'll be lottery unless Danny Jonesy makes the goat sacrifice at the Flyers Wives' Carnival.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

what's the deal with Poehling? how was he available on the cheap?  He's got size, wheels, isn't a dumbass

I think the issue is that people expect first round picks to score goals and put up points in the NHL, regardless of whether they have that offensive upside or not. Poehling was never really that guy. He did ok in College hockey, but nothing in his game screams upside. He's also worked on his skating it appears. I like everything else about his game. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Missed the game and too lazy to go through the thread....How many goals did Michkov have?!? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

On Saturday (Oct. 7th) , Michkov played in his 10th game with Sochi, where he has accumulated 5 goals and 12 points. EliteProspects has him projected to finish the season with 32 goals and 70 points in just 64 games, which is absolutely unheard of for an 18-year-old in the KHL.

Michkov is currently 27th in the league with 12 points, but he has played anywhere between 3-4 games less than the rest of the players ahead of him with Nikolai Goldobin sitting atop of the league with 21 points in 16 games for Spartak Moscow. It’s safe to assume that the Flyers got a steal with their 7th overall pick.

image.png.8d8a738ef43d40a1c7b2ca8a4e8ccf3d.png

• Like 1