Game 75: Chicago Blackhawks at Philadelphia Flyers; 3/30/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Back to the pathetic completely disinterested brand of hockey of Chuck’s years. The team just doesn’t give a ****. Welcome to hell Fedotov. Gonna love watching the rest of the season with the sound off and something else playing the background. 

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

Typical flyers tanks playoff at end of season. You will ask me where is f.... I got that ****? I been watching them since 1997 and same **** losing streak at playoff time, and losing playoff fast enough not all years but most!. this organization does over the years same **** with Clarky and now Briere, I have seen this **** over fu... king 27 years 

• Good Post 1

I had a better time finding out my HS lacrosse team beat a LI powerhouse today than I did for any single moment of watching a “professional” hockey team play tonight. And, except for lacrosse, I ***** hated hs the whole time I was there 25 ****** ******* years ago. 

• Like 1

Torts was brutally candid. He sees a gassed team, particularly his to D pair. He acknowledged the lousy PP. Morganti saw the loss from the goal out. Yeah.

11 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Torts was brutally candid. He sees a gassed team, particularly his to D pair. He acknowledged the lousy PP. Morganti saw the loss from the goal out. Yeah.

And now they about to give ol Fedotov PTSD

he might want to run back to Putin's ranks instead of facing this firing squad

He want playoff hockey well it literally start next game for them the playoffs has laready started for Caps, NYI, Det and Philly

• Like 1

Inexcusable to lose this game, especially the way they did, to that team. Here come the "Is Tortorella losing the room" comments. The team isn't good enough, and it is showing more and more. Not good heading toward the playoffs.

This might very well describe the Flyers right now, in picture form. 

Hindenburg_disaster.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

He sees a gassed team,

That's what happens when you're playing playoff hockey for 75 games, while the real playoff teams have just started warming up. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

wow glad I went out instead of watching that turd of a game... I saw 5-1 and figured it was prob 3-1 with a couple EN tacked on. Not so, 5 legit goals and Bedard without any. Joey Anderson for chrissakes the guy hasn't scored since like November.

well this is supposed to be an evaluating year so maybe we found Ersson's limit...30-35 games maybe? OTOH he is a rookie and this has been a trial-by-fire for him, more so than for the rest I guess.

Flyers lose 5-1 at home to Chicago ... when every point ... blahblahblah... Well maybe they'll find their 2nd-wind in time who knows...

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The Flyers are following the Eagles playbook down the stretch.

Yep! Sad. I agree with @flyercanuck that exhaustion may be setting in. Torts said it will be a team meeting but no practice tomorrow.  He seemed pretty down himself in the post-game presser. He had no excuses and wasn't even combative with the reporters. He spoke to high minutes and mistakes of his top D pairing but was clear that applied universally.

Putting aside lack of depth and exhaustion, Morganti was spot on with the PP. The incompetence costs games. 

And I don't think the Captain can be  Primeau and take the team on his shoulders. He looks out of it offensively.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Flyers lose 5-1 at home to Chicago

4th in a row.

Their goalie finally earned his 5th win of the season.

He's lost 32 times this year.

Guess their 24 year old Swede is better than the Flyers 24 year old Swede.

Flyer's goalie was drafted. 

Theirs wasn't.

You can't make this sh it up.

:BrownBag:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

(would love to see Columbus give up their 2nd round pick this year)

Don't think that's going to happen.

11 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

A full season of Drysdale

I really like Drysdale, when he's healthy. But he's played 8, 10 and now 17 games in his last 3 seasons. That not exactly screaming health.

• Good Post 1

13 hours ago, Samifan said:

When they shoot, it’s now high and wide. Rocky Thompson should have been fired last year for the PP, it’s beyond comical at this point. 

Did they bring in Jeff Carter as a shooting coach? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With Michkov, Tippett, Foerster, Farabee, Brink we have enough quality wingers with time. I love Konecny, and it has been said several times by alot of you, but TK needs to be flipped before signing a humongous contract. Flip him for something that returns our 1C please. Whether it's a high pick, or someone in the early 20's ready to take the next step. Just get it done. Its a waste and poor asset management to let him stay.

• Good Post 2

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Lets hope that happens...cause it's not looking too good. He's played 8, 10 and 17 games his last 3 seasons.

Really like him, when he's healthy. Hopefully he can be that.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Don't think that's going to happen.

I really like Drysdale, when he's healthy. But he's played 8, 10 and now 17 games in his last 3 seasons. That not exactly screaming health.

I'm not worried about Drysdale and the injuries. The injuries have all been flukes. It happens. The good news is that it isn't his head or knees. Yes, it's been his shoulders but the injuries that happened were on completely fluke plays. It could have happened to anyone.

As mentioned, a full season here working with Shaw, they'll point out what Drysdale should and shouldn't do. I also think getting him someone on the left side who's a banger and a physical player will be ideal for him. Let him be a roamer with focus on the offensive side and his partner will focus on the defensive side. 

As for Columbus, it depends on who the next GM is. They're going to be terrible next year as well. I think it makes sense to give up the 2nd this year and keep next year's. I also think that they're probably going to move on from Gaudreau and Laine, so they'll have more picks coming back. 

2 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I also think getting him someone on the left side who's a banger and a physical player will be ideal for him.

On the fence myself about this now because in a rebuild it might not be time (but if you move Risto out) Noah Hanafin would be a perfect partner for him.

Hanafin/Drysdale

York/Sanheim

Seeler/Attard?

Zamula

Just thinking aloud.

Or maybe add a guy like this the following year hhmmmmm.

Rocky Thompson was a terrible choice to bring in. He was terrible as the pp coach in San Jose (there is zero reason to be the worst power play in the league when you've got guys like Thornton, Couture, Meier, Burns, Karlsson, etc ....) and he's bringing the same garbage here. Playing players out of position on the power play is inexcusable. The best the Flyers can do is fire him or send him to Lehigh Valley to be the head coach there (Thompson was a great junior hockey coach and was a successful AHL coach). But he's gotta be removed because the power play has been horrid from day one he got here. 

• Good Post 1

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

On the fence myself about this now because in a rebuild it might not be time (but if you move Risto out) Noah Hanafin would be a perfect partner for him.

Hanafin/Drysdale

York/Sanheim

Seeler/Attard?

Zamula

Just thinking aloud.

Or maybe add a guy like this the following year hhmmmmm.

Hanafin is going to be really expensive. I think we might be looking at the flyers targeting a guy like Brett Pesce instead. The Flyers desperately need to find a way out of the Ristolainen deal though. That's an albatross anchor deal.

• Like 2