Blysma & Crosby - 2 "honest" guys (more like 2 April Fools)

Guest canoli

"the game is 60 minutes" crosby

"Joe did the right thing" - crosby

"he shouldn'tve put him out there" - crosby suggesting Lavy shouldn't have put Briere on the ice

I forgot the exact quotes from Blysma but it was more of the same.

yeah, you're right Sid, you're right Dan, we shouldn't have put Briere on the ice in the final 1:14, we should've done what you guys did, send out the goon squad.

Lavy's response says it all: GUTLESS

See how quickly the Pens swarmed after that hit on Briere? Okay a-holes, we'll see you next Saturday...

I am so damn glad Sidney Crosby doesn't play for the Flyers. I'll take Mike Richards, Claude Giroux and a dozen other guys any day of the week. I couldn't care less about his awesome talent, he's a classless punk of a player. Primma Donna doesn't do him justice. Crybaby is closer but he's even worse, he's a fkn Phony.

• Like 1

Wonder what those quotes would be if it was the other way around entirely, Pens up and Crosby down. Hmmm.

Funny, last time I could have sworn those two said it was the Flyers gooning it up and that's not the Pens game?

@canoli

I completely agree. Nothing bothers me more when Penguins fans say "if he was on your team you'd love him" about Crosby.

That is just not true. I can't stand the guy. I think he is an embarrassment to hockey and the NHL just laps it up from him. I wouldn't want that gutless phony on my team at all. He doesn't belong in the Orange and Black. He's a hypocrite.

Legal hit but still dirty. Briere should have had his head up, knowing he is playing against the dirtiest team in the league.

Crosby's "he shouldn't have been out there" might make sense if Briere was some kind of scorer trying to rub it in, but plainly he is not.

i thought crosby was over that BS but clearly he wants to continue whining. screw him.

"oh i got crosschecked four minutes ago and fell down. why me? someone take care of this!"

Edited by mkscrewy

There would have been suspensions has the roles been reversed and the Flyers put their 4th line out there.

The Pens should receive a fine as the coward Bylsma who was a chicken **** when he played had the last shift and easily could have put another line out there.

I say that on Saturday the first time the Pens put out the Crosby or Malkin line after a stoppage that the Flyers put out Shelley (let him earn his paycheck), Rinaldo and the latest call up from the Phantoms, Derek Mathers with Marshall and Bourdon on defense and do the same damn thing.

Was the hit on Crosby a little cheap, yes. But nothing major. IF the Pens were that pissed at the hit then go after Schenn. Putting the 4th line like that out there was for one reason only.

There would have been suspensions has the roles been reversed and the Flyers put their 4th line out there.

The Pens should receive a fine as the coward Bylsma who was a chicken **** when he played had the last shift and easily could have put another line out there.

I say that on Saturday the first time the Pens put out the Crosby or Malkin line after a stoppage that the Flyers put out Shelley (let him earn his paycheck), Rinaldo and the latest call up from the Phantoms, Derek Mathers with Marshall and Bourdon on defense and do the same damn thing.

Was the hit on Crosby a little cheap, yes. But nothing major. IF the Pens were that pissed at the hit then go after Schenn. Putting the 4th line like that out there was for one reason only.

The hit on Crosby was nothing compared to the two handed slashes (one of which even broke his stick) with no calls. Even Mike Milbury said on the Schenn cross check after the game "Crosby knew he was there and folded like a newspaper..." I am more ticked off about the knee on knee hit that took Grossmann out. The Pens need a clear message sent that you reap what you sow next game. The problem is are the Flyers willing to give up home ice to send it? To me, with their road record, that is a no brainer......

"the game is 60 minutes" crosby

"Joe did the right thing" - crosby

"he shouldn'tve put him out there" - crosby suggesting Lavy shouldn't have put Briere on the ice

I forgot the exact quotes from Blysma but it was more of the same.

yeah, you're right Sid, you're right Dan, we shouldn't have put Briere on the ice in the final 1:14, we should've done what you guys did, send out the goon squad.

Lavy's response says it all: GUTLESS

See how quickly the Pens swarmed after that hit on Briere? Okay a-holes, we'll see you next Saturday...

I am so damn glad Sidney Crosby doesn't play for the Flyers. I'll take Mike Richards, Claude Giroux and a dozen other guys any day of the week. I couldn't care less about his awesome talent, he's a classless punk of a player. Primma Donna doesn't do him justice. Crybaby is closer but he's even worse, he's a fkn Phony.

SInce the game was in Pittsburgh, Bylsma gets the final line change. I'd love to know who he may have had out there originally and if he switched after he saw who the Flyers had out there.

The league has fined coaches for such behavior in the past. They would never do it to Pittsburgh, but they should.

The problem is are the Flyers willing to give up home ice to send it? To me, with their road record, that is a no brainer......

Yeah, hard to worry about home ice when you're undefeated in the other guy's barn.

• Like 1

@flyrod

Totally agree. I said that yesterday. Nobody wants to make comments on the 2 slashes that Crybaby did. He wants to play that way, then he should expect retribution. He needs to learn to keep his head on a swivel. What a GUTLESS PUNK!

• Like 1

First of all, I saw nothing wrong with the hit. It was a great bodycheck that Briere should have seen coming a mile away. Was it near the end of the game? Sure. A Flyers/Pens game. A game already called "the first of a nine game series" by this very board. C'mon you guys, if that was a Flyer throwing the check you'd all be saying what a great hit.

Now if you want to complain about Crosby getting away with whatever he wants, I'm with ya on that.

• Like 1

@flyercanuck....I said yesterday during the game chat it was a clean hit. I dont have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the non-calls for Crybaby's slash's one of which caused his stick to break. Crosby should expect some type of retribution if he wants to continue to play like that.

@pilldoc

He got his retribution from Braydon Schenn. Schenn has had a tough go to start his career. I'm going to guess 2 years from now, he's one of this boards favorite players. Crosby (and malkin) had been getting away with whatever they wanted duringthe game. I'm going to guess Schenn knew that was a goal, and therefore the perfect opportunity at a "free" cheapshot. Smart play by the rookie.

I'm going to guess Schenn knew that was a goal, and therefore the perfect opportunity at a "free" cheapshot. Smart play by the rookie.

That's a great point - I've been impressed with this kid's hockey sense. You can just tell he gets it.

Edited by delcofan

Pens are easily the dirtiest team in hockey. And then they're also going to be a bunch of crybabies & whiners? Makes no sense. Hard to respect a team like that at all.

Cooke, Kunitz, Vitale, Malkin, Crosby, etc. All of them. How in the world does a team like that get such favoritism from the NHL, the referees, etc.? Yet the Flyers are still paying for their "Bullies" days (carrying the reputation).

I hope Shelly & Rinaldo are both on the ice on Saturday.

That's what I'm hoping for....seeding set by Saturday. That would free us up to play some good old fashion Broadstreet Bullies hockey.

Depending on how things go with both teams this week, and if we have the 4th seed locked up, then I say dress Shelley and Sestito (if he's able to play), and keep Rinaldo in the lineup on Saturday to go after these Penguin pukes. Send a really strong message before going into the playoff series. If we lose on Saturday, so be it. But make Crybaby Crosby and the others afraid of their shadow.

Here's the downside to that - we have a chance to set the frachise record for most road wins in a season on Saturday, so they might not want to brawl, and if we're still trying to capture home ice advantage through gaining the 4th seed, they may want to play it more conservatively and avoid penalties.

The best of all worlds is we beat the crap out of them physcially and win the game.

• Like 3

First of all, I saw nothing wrong with the hit. It was a great bodycheck that Briere should have seen coming a mile away. Was it near the end of the game? Sure. A Flyers/Pens game. A game already called "the first of a nine game series" by this very board. C'mon you guys, if that was a Flyer throwing the check you'd all be saying what a great hit.

Now if you want to complain about Crosby getting away with whatever he wants, I'm with ya on that.

I never claimed that the Vitale shot was a late/cheapshot. I thought it was a textbook shoulder to the chest hit and I hope to see the hit mirrored in the next Pens game. I just hope that we don't get penalized for it....Bylsma knew exactly what he was doing when he put those guys on the ice and that is fine but he needs to man up and not whine that they hit my little crybaby........

• Like 1

Not sure which broadcast team member said it but it was words the affect that Crosby needs to play his game and stop the whining and nit picking of the opposition. Illegal hits etc.

One major problem that i can see is the Refs are so busy protecting Crosby they miss the dirty play of Malkin.

As many have said get used to it this is the mind set of the NHL protect the Pens at all costs.

The non-calls are really what get me, Crosby slashes Giroux after the face off...then breaks his stick on Voracek's thigh...the jab & spear of Schenn that precipitated the crosscheck shove...and I think there was another slash on Jagr as well...Then there is Malkin...the mugging of G in the corner (two mashes to the head), the shot to Couturiers mug (more than once), and the pitchfork the the groin on Bourdon. And that is all I can remember at this point. I think Lavy was PO'ed most of the afternoon, and the final straw was the hit in Briere.

When the seemingly pro Pittsburgh announcers start pointing out the cheap shots and missed calls you know they have to be pretty obvious.

Also, NHL Tonight showed a little more of the Crosby Crosscheck, meaning they showed the jabs Sid the Kid performed on Schenn...before Brayden took his shot. NBC must not have a good "hockey" director in the truck, a director with some hockey sense would show both sides of the story, not just the end result...oh wait, I forgot, NBC stinks.