Ryan Clowe - WHAT THE H*LL HOMER?

Guest DaGreatGazoo

Hartnell is getting packaged for a multi-player deal involving defensemen. That is one of the only assets the Flyers have left right now. Stay tuned.

Not being an ass here...but where does Hartnell agree to be traded too? I don't have a guess...

@Mad Dog Maybe it's not this year (the first rounder), it'll be next year...when we suck much worse and miss out on the first overall....WOW.

Philly is holding the draft next year. No way does Snider do that without a first. Any other year, sure.

am I on glue (again)? Who in their right mind would give up a top 5 pick for Ryane Clowe?

And trading Couturier for him is beyond stupid, it would be criminally insane.

Now if Wilson wants Couturier + ? for Burns...we can talk. At least Burns addresses what the Flyers actually need.

Not being an ass here...but where does Hartnell agree to be traded too? I don't have a guess...

No problem. I would say any team that he wants to go to that he thinks he can win a Cup. Maybe Boston, Montreal, even Minnesota in the West.. If I am Holmgren I am looking for a contender that will pay the Flyers back in an under 30 age defenceman...

No problem. I would say any team that he wants to go to that he thinks he can win a Cup. Maybe Boston, Montreal, even Minnesota in the West.. If I am Holmgren I am looking for a contender that will pay the Flyers back in an under 30 age defenceman...

The real questions are: who are the contenders who have such assets (and are willing to deal them)?

And, who is making that commitment to a player who is signed through 2019? (this is not a "rental")

Hartnell would immediately be the fourth highest-paid player on the Habs next season and I'm not entirely sold on the concept that any of the three have what you describe or are willing to part with it.

The real questions are: who are the contenders who have such assets (and are willing to deal them)?

And, who is making that commitment to a player who is signed through 2019? (this is not a "rental")

Funny you should ask... CBJ are apparently offering one of their three (yes three) first rounders in this year's draft for... a scoring winger who is signed long term. (According to TSN).

Or maybe St Louis, if you believe Claude Giroux's twitter account:

@Hartsy19 good luck in St Louis. You’re a great teammate and friend. Just make sure you keep your head up next year.

— Claude Giroux (@28CGiroux)

April 1, 2013

Funny you should ask... CBJ are apparently offering one of their three (yes three) first rounders in this year's draft for... a scoring winger who is signed long term. (According to TSN).

Or maybe St Louis, if you believe Claude Giroux's twitter account:

https://twitter.com/...828012747497472

Well, if one sees Les Vestes Bleu as "contenders" this season... "One" in this case being "Scott Hartnell."

And I still see either Briere or Pronger or both being perfect fits for Les Bleus at some point.

Hartnell would immediately be the fourth highest-paid player on the Habs next season and I'm not entirely sold on the concept that any of the three have what you describe or are willing to part with it.

Holmgren just needs to find a team that is desperate enough. How about Pittsburgh? Boy, they would love Hartnell there, eh?

am I on glue (again)? Who in their right mind would give up a top 5 pick for Ryane Clowe?

And trading Couturier for him is beyond stupid, it would be criminally insane.

Now if Wilson wants Couturier + ? for Burns...we can talk. At least Burns addresses what the Flyers actually need.

Clowe is this year's version of Dan Carcillo

The fans will love him

It's unbelievable that we have some pieces other teams might want to add at the deadline (Briere, Meszaros), but they are injured and can't be traded. That really really bothers me even though it's not in anyone's control.

Anyway, the earlier quote from Holmgren about adding "leadership" and someone who can "fight through adversity" annoys the heck out of me. There's such a thing as too many cooks in the kitchen. You gave Giroux the C, so let him develop into that role instead of once again forcing upon the leadership some 30+ year old has-been who may or may not disrupt what this core is building.

Man oh man, these guys just have absolutely no patience.

• Like 1